Good Shepherd Ritual?

Firstly… does it actually exist?

I haven’t read The Holy Kaballah by AE Waite (apparently it’s mentioned in that book)

Secondly if it does, anyone care to elaborate on it?

Was watching a video that discussed it, asked someone who I assumed would know if it actually existed and they hadn’t heard of it and someone in the comments section of the video didn’t appear to have found it plus a google threw up literally nothing also

3 Likes

@anon48079295 nobody has answered me, it seemed to have a vampiric purpose. Wondering if you know anything?

The person who’s video I watched talking about it was claiming that they would absorb power from it when someone else chose to be a sacrifice and take on the ‘sins’ of the dark magician (eg I guess Jesus archetype is the most obvious here)

But I’m really not sure regarding this person yet. Find them an interesting watch for sure but…

1 Like

Sadly I haven’t heard anything about it, but if it’s related to the Kabbalah maybe @anon84423462 knows?

4 Likes

First time I have heard of this ritual actually. Sorry papi :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Yeah he seemed to think it’s some high level ritual in orders (that’s what I interpreted anyway)

But he also doesn’t seem particularly positive towards them eg says that GD and all the obvious known ones invert the tree of life and directions etc

I can’t really make too much sense of it bc it seems to match how I assumed you did it in anyway what he’s saying I think

Eg step back into it

If you went front ways facing well yeah that would invert it??

3 Likes

Do you have a link online for this ritual? I am curious if its vampiric, Golden Dawn(ish) and vampirism are not the best bedfellows

2 Likes

Yeah hold on

I doubt he thinks it’s in GD… likely one more secret than them :sweat_smile:

Literally cannot find anything online

But I haven’t read the book he’s on about

2 Likes

Same dude who reached out to Eli

(Eli is the guy who recently posted about quitting working with demons and posts have been about)

Apologies if he’s known! I know nobody and occasionally fall down rabbit holes on YT

2 Likes

That’s seems weird to me because the Golden Dawn created their own Kabbalah, so they didn’t really invert anything. The Hermetic Kabbalah of the GD is their own invention, and really has little relevance to the traditional mystical Judaic system.

They did alter things like the correspondences for the cardinal directions though. We can thank Crowley for that.

5 Likes

Is this anything related?

https://www.rosecroix.org.au/23.html

2 Likes

You think it makes any odds whatsoever? I think his theory was that he sees some people end up badly off eg Crowley at the end of his life for such a successful magician things hadn’t really gone well

3 Likes

I’m not sure really?

It’s possible

1 Like

Unrelated, but I sometimes think Crowley and Regardie muddied up the waters a bit.

2 Likes

Yeah I was kinda thinking hmmm did you have fun with this Mr Crowley :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

There is a lot of crap spread about Crowley due to the way he lived, flaunting his “immorality” and all of that, but in reality, he didn’t end up any more worse off than other people who don’t practice magick. He had a bad habit of squandering his wealth, and as we all know, no matter how much money magick we do, if we don’t prove ourselves to be a good steward of the spirit of money, it gets harder and harder to magick more up.

6 Likes

Being a former GD candidate and extensive readings on Regardie and Crowley, I would say the [possible bad ending for Crowley was the desert working with his studednt Parsons, where crowley was invoking Choronzon.
Oddly enough, before coming back here in between coming back here and coming out of magic through a deliverance, I was curious so I listened to an old GD audio of Regardie and heard extensive gutteral growling.
Odd, huh?

1 Like

I would be careful with this guy. Some of his information is great, but some of it is absolute trash. For example he states that the Golden Dawn got working with the pillars wrong, meaning that they actually constantly invoke qlippothic forces because they face the wrong directions. The Golden Dawn literature I studied taught that you are the tree of life and you are just strengthening centers that are already there. Hence you can never face the wrong direction working with the tree of life.

Please correct me if you have greater knowledge on the subject than I do.

5 Likes

I don’t :joy: it’s why I am asking

1 Like

From someone who has read The Holy Kaballah by AE waite along with every single occult-relevant book on kabbala / qabbala, yes the good shepherd ritual exists. There is little relevant information you will find about it online, nor is it a specific word for word ritual. Rather it is a type of ritual you can preform on someone if you have a good knowing of qabbala and are initiated. Essentially you are using the model of the qabbalistic tree as a map to turn someone’s soul into a sacrifice.

3 Likes

That’s a very interesting theory, and you seem to know about this.

Did you have any source material at all or are these simply personal observations allowing you to arrive at an educated guess?

Btw I’ve always thought it a bit insulting whenever folks have insulted Mr. Crowley, because even after his death people are still imitating him decade after decade into the future.