Good Rituals to Have Memorized

I didn’t know where else to post this but it probably fits since I’ve been practicing magick for 4 years, 5 in November.

I just read this article: [url=http://headforred.blogspot.ca/2015/05/how-to-memorize-lots-of-words-for-rites.html]http://headforred.blogspot.ca/2015/05/how-to-memorize-lots-of-words-for-rites.html[/url]

And was trying to find some good rituals to memorize - I was thinking the Bornless One by Crowley or something along those lines.
I do not have any of Koetting’s books (yet) so I can’t really memorize any of his.

My intention of memorizing it will be:
-as a sort of prayer
-a daily ritual of memorization
-a ritual with benefits that would help me magickally and mentally and physically by reciting it/doing it

Anyone have any ideas on rituals, prayers, rites that would be good for a new but rather somewhat well-versed (had success in lots of paths and knows the basics of magick) magickian?

You could try the incantations E.A. released - they’re hard because they’re not in English so you can’t kind of cross-associate the words, here’s the longest one from that newsletter:

To Summon Forth

“Etsel Mala’kel

Test’zel Sam’tan’el

Itz Retz Nama’tel

Itz Hel Asta’Rel

Kama’Kala, Kama’Kala

Kama’Kala Satan’el

(Spirit) Kama

(Spirit) Kala

(Spirit), Kama’Kala Vel.

Me Vaskalla

Me Solvalla

Me Res’Alla Ah’tan’tel”

(Repeat several times, as a conjuration of any spirit)

This one's a bit easier:

Summoning of All Magickal Powers

“Itz rachu mantantu vespacha kaltamu

Itz ranta mant kala mant atzu belt tazu

Vaskalla itz rachu kantantu velchatza”
1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:5524”]You could try the incantations E.A. released - they’re hard because they’re not in English so you can’t kind of cross-associate the words, here’s the longest one from that newsletter:

To Summon Forth

“Etsel Mala’kel

Test’zel Sam’tan’el

Itz Retz Nama’tel

Itz Hel Asta’Rel

Kama’Kala, Kama’Kala

Kama’Kala Satan’el

(Spirit) Kama

(Spirit) Kala

(Spirit), Kama’Kala Vel.

Me Vaskalla

Me Solvalla

Me Res’Alla Ah’tan’tel”

(Repeat several times, as a conjuration of any spirit)

This one's a bit easier:

Summoning of All Magickal Powers

“Itz rachu mantantu vespacha kaltamu

Itz ranta mant kala mant atzu belt tazu

Vaskalla itz rachu kantantu velchatza”[/quote]

Oh I remember these! They were in one of his videos right? :D 
Thank you!! I forgot all about these!

Yes, this one:

4 Incantations To Conjure Limitless Power - LIVE

:slight_smile:

At first, I found those chants to be hard to memorize because of course, they are not in English. However, since my mind has an unlimited capacity to memorize songs, I literally have thousands of song lyrics memorized, I decided to create some relaxing yet gothic musical tunes and I sang those chants to the music in a catchy and rhythmic way. I ended up memorizing them very quickly after that because the tunes are so catchy, I end up getting them stuck in my head.

I was going to make them into mp3 versions today, kind of hard to share an mp3 unless you have a way to play it, some devices require you to download it first, but I was thinking I could upload the songs into a youtube video and make it an unlisted video. You can do this so that your video does not show up in search, and is only findable if you give someone a direct link to it. And I would give full credit to Eric in the title since these are his chants. But that way, I could share these chant songs with everyone here without violating Eric’s creative rights. With these songs, you will have these chants memorized in 1-3 days.

I will get to work on this in just a minute and will post them later.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:5, topic:5524”]At first, I found those chants to be hard to memorize because of course, they are not in English. However, since my mind has an unlimited capacity to memorize songs, I literally have thousands of song lyrics memorized, I decided to create some relaxing yet gothic musical tunes and I sang those chants to the music in a catchy and rhythmic way. I ended up memorizing them very quickly after that because the tunes are so catchy, I end up getting them stuck in my head.

I was going to make them into mp3 versions today, kind of hard to share an mp3 unless you have a way to play it, some devices require you to download it first, but I was thinking I could upload the songs into a youtube video and make it an unlisted video. You can do this so that your video does not show up in search, and is only findable if you give someone a direct link to it. And I would give full credit to Eric in the title since these are his chants. But that way, I could share these chant songs with everyone here without violating Eric’s creative rights. With these songs, you will have these chants memorized in 1-3 days.

I will get to work on this in just a minute and will post them later.[/quote]

Wow! Thank you!

I’ll add two additional memory techniques to that article: one is the Method of Loci, the foundation of the Classical artes memoriae. This is a relatively complex system, but just taking a barebones approach and visualizing a series of objects associated with the lines you’re trying to memorize works wonders. For the ritual steps, I use a simple ‘snapshot’ image of myself performing the step in question.

When memorizing text to be recited, i.e., chants, incantations and the like, when doing repetition practice like Rufus Opus advocates, make sure that you verbally repeat them. In this way you’ll create a kind of muscle memory, until eventually you can repeat your desired lines without really thinking about it. This is good for magicians as we often have some sort of visualization or energy work to be concentrating on along with the words we speak. Getting to this point takes a little extra time, but is worth it. For example, I hadn’t used the Second Incantation (“Itz rachu mantatu…”) in several months, but I was able to repeat it with with problem and almost no thought. And even after a decade, I can still recite the first seven lines of the Iliad in Greek with no real thought or effort.

1 Like

There’s an intro to the idea posted here: http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Memory-Palace

Good stuff, we rely upon the internet these days to call up information, but I beleive it’s a loss to do so all the time.

Yes, the druids for example opposed the idea of enfeebling the mind by committing information to books. Of course, the Keltoi were largely illiterate and this meant that killing the druids more or less killed the entire culture as it then existed, but the druids certainly were impressive, it would seem.

[quote=“Arkhilokhus, post:7, topic:5524”]I’ll add two additional memory techniques to that article: one is the Method of Loci, the foundation of the Classical artes memoriae. This is a relatively complex system, but just taking a barebones approach and visualizing a series of objects associated with the lines you’re trying to memorize works wonders. For the ritual steps, I use a simple ‘snapshot’ image of myself performing the step in question.

When memorizing text to be recited, i.e., chants, incantations and the like, when doing repetition practice like Rufus Opus advocates, make sure that you verbally repeat them. In this way you’ll create a kind of muscle memory, until eventually you can repeat your desired lines without really thinking about it. This is good for magicians as we often have some sort of visualization or energy work to be concentrating on along with the words we speak. Getting to this point takes a little extra time, but is worth it. For example, I hadn’t used the Second Incantation (“Itz rachu mantatu…”) in several months, but I was able to repeat it with with problem and almost no thought. And even after a decade, I can still recite the first seven lines of the Iliad in Greek with no real thought or effort.[/quote]

I never thought of using a memory palace (method of loci) for chants and rituals
but I used it for my SATs which worked amazingly.
But I will definitely try it for this now - thanks for the idea!

1 Like

I will post the songs as soon as I can, I don’t go back on my word, I’ve just been surrounded by little girls today who are following me around like shadows. I was suddenly assigned the task of babysitting my nephews children while he goes out of town and my mom is out of town too, she usually babysits for him, so I got stuck watching his kids on top of my own. I cannot get any work done with them following me around, they are super nosey and too young to understand the chanting, it would probably scare them. But I will get it done in the next few days, I am redoing the chanting so it’s more audible to others. I know what is being said on the original I made, but my voice is low and calming, so some of the words are hard to pick up on because they roll right into one another.

Do you got the chants on youtube yet, if so please share the link, thank you