Goetia

is there any other interpetation of the goetia i seen one i came across that has similar personals but diffrent appearances and specialties case in point the entity Astaroth … the traditional goetia is diffrent from the other site

I think for an illustration, I will say,… I think you are asking a question in the English language, but I am not completely sure what the hell your question is. Please do a better job at communication and I am sure you will get a better quality of response other than the likes of me…

Uncle Fester

/Activate Translation protocol
Translation protocol running…

“Is there any other interpretation of the Goetia? I have come across one that has similar entities, but different appearances and specialties. Case in point the entity Astaroth. The traditional Goetia is different from this other site.”

Translation protocol complete…estimated accuracy 90%

/Activate Translation protocol
Translation protocol running…

“Is there any other interpretation of the Goetia? I have come across one that has similar entities, but different appearances and specialties. Case in point the entity Astaroth. The traditional Goetia is different from this other site.”

Translation protocol complete…estimated accuracy 90%[/quote]

lol - Neeros :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, crowley also has a less known goetic manuscript with drawings and personalities and sigils that are all quite different. So, there’s two versions right there from the same guy. shrugs
I’m sure there are others out there. You may wish to get a direct translation of the solomon texts.
The most common translation is the Liddell & Mathers translation, but here’s a list of some more:

Editions

1. Mathers, S. L. MacGregor (trans.), Crowley, A. (ed.), The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King (1904). 1995 reprint: ISBN 0-87728-847-X.

2. de Laurence, L. W. (1916); 1942 reprint: ISBN 978-0-7661-0776-2; 2006 reprint: ISBN 978-1-59462-200-7

3. Henson Mitch (1999), ISBN 978-0-9672797-0-1.

4. Peterson, Joseph H. The Lesser Key of Solomon: Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis (2001), ISBN 978-1-57863-220-6.

5. Skinner, Stephen & Rankine, David, The Goetia of Dr Rudd: The Angels and Demons of Liber Malorum Spirituum Seu Goetia (Sourceworks of Ceremonial Magic). Golden Hoard Press, (2007). ISBN 978-0-9547639-2-3

So … You might want to stick with these.
Also - here’s a pretty good occult PDF library with all of the Solomonic texts. They’re all the Liddell/Mathers translations with Crowley notes and inserts.

2 Likes

thank you DK i know i wasnt clear of my question i didnt know the correct way to structure it to make it clear to what i wanted , i ran across a list from the goetia that was more in depth of what demons looked like in human form and there personalities , i thank you for your response it will help me learn with more effienciency , thanks to others for there reply i know my question was confusing