Godhood? Differences in LHP, MP and RHP beliefs and work

After a discussion with my favorite LHP practitioner (4 decades) and a long time friend too although MP practitioner (2 decades) - I want to address the same question with you.

Referencing: the idea of Godhood, becoming a god, etc.

My LHP friend believes that the individual must separate herself from the herd and then strive to become a god (develop her consciousness to its fullest) that she may live forever in or out of a body at will. And she relies on the instruction and guidance of her preferred daemons.

My MP friend believes that we are already God and we must become conscious of that fact. He relies on the guidance of people that are ahead of him on his path in physical body and those that have either passed on or only take up a body as needed and are eternal.

I need not mention here what the RHP believe.

What are your thoughts on either being God or becoming god?

2 Likes

Perspective man, I think you’re already God. It’s a process of realization and self-actualization we’re on isn’t it? I call myself LHP just to distinguish myself from the RHP. The best explanation I have ever seen of LHP philosophy is by co-founder of BALG, Timothy. His book Black Magick Manifesto is free in audio format on YouTube.

3 Likes

We are gods to ants and ants to those we would call gods. It is all a matter of where you rank in the scale of power. It goes both ways infinitely so there will always be a bigger fish and a smaller fish. The key is to never stop evolving.

3 Likes

Interesting and unique concept you have on power. As though power originates with the form. How do you arrive at that presumption?

1 Like

Yes, I am familiar with Timothy’s BMM and reread that portion (12. Ascent to Godhood) again. However, his conclusion on divinity seems to be that it is a fiction and therefore not to give it any further consideration.

However, there are a few, very few, that do believe in his line of thought of being Atheist’s and still acknowledging the concept of there being a living Source that is unknowable undefinable and equally omnipresent throughout space. These few seem to walk the thin line between both the Atheist’s and the Religious by seeing that both are correct.

The religious because Creation demands a Creator that perpetually creates and sustains its Art.
The atheist because there can be no God as the 99.999% of people believe.

An aside that supports this line of thought: most people believe our sun to be the greatest source of light for us on this planet. However, that belief isn’t very accurate when we ponder the question with science. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/12/30/are-humans-brighter-then-the-sun/

Fortunately, we have living consciousness to bridge the gap between our thoughts.

1 Like

Yes. I believe somewhat of the same as you just described. I think the difference in LHP philosophy has more to do with moral absolutes, or any absolutes at all, and an external God-authority. That’s where I differ from RHP. And there are plenty on the LHP that believe in Source. RHP’s tend to believe that Source is Light and Love, whereas I believes it’s the Source of existence and non-existence, Light and Darkness, Love and Hate, etc. If it’s the Source of All, then it needs to contain all opposites. It can’t be biased because All means All. From that perspective, I say that things just are what they are, and that any morality or beliefs are up to the individual. I see that being the major difference. You don’t even have to be a Theist or Atheist to fit either side. I could say that you need not choose a side, but that’s not really it either. For people to comprehend, a distinction needs to be made. A Source must exist, but where I stand that Source is impartial, and definitely not absolutely “this” or “that”. It’s All and it’s Nothing at once. It doesn’t care what I believe or what I do. That consciousness that connects us all does in fact contain the positive and the negative, whether we like it or not. So I agree with your theories. I just don’t think there is a MP. Whether you become God or whether you realize your godhood is really just semantics among LHP points of view.

3 Likes

Interesting that you want to ascribe attributes to the Source, namely indifference.
Yes, obviously It expresses all opposites relative to time/space, yet has no opposite.
Perhaps, what people call evil is not really an opposite of good, but a misunderstanding of principle when judged without complete understanding.

Much like walking into a room and finding food thrown all over the floor and table. What an “evil” waste. What sort of “evil” would dirty the floor, table, etc. Only to discover that it was a one year child learning to eat on his own and his mother gave him the opportunity to explore how rather than fuss about the mess.

You reference RHP, yet I don’t understand their way except perhaps the way of no thought.

Perceptually, darkness is simply the absence of light, not a separate existence. Maybe, it is the idea of no vibration since light is vibration. And all that vibrates is another form of light. I don’t believe scientists have discovered a place where there is no vibration. That could bring up an interesting aspect of the Source - that which is before the first vibration or movement.

The fundamental point of whether we are reaching to become a Star or we are already a Star is crucial. One that reaches to become never gets there because they are always reaching. One that is already no longer needs to become, but to discover. To peel away the layers of ancestral scales hidden within the DNA, programming of family and society, etc.

Yes, the goal is the same…the starting point is different. One looks outside for answers and the other looks within for answers.

I appreciate your dialogue on this subject, it helps me expand my reason.

1 Like

It is quite logical and evident when you reach far enough. You see how some people are worshiped like gods simply for having money and material power but are then laid low by a simple spell and then you see demons and beings that people had once worshiped bowing to something even larger than them. You come to understand that things go infinitely in every direction and that includes power and the perception of that power.

1 Like

I believe in a middle ground position: people maintaning concentration on their divinity.
In this way, doctrines like Vedanta don’t “involuntarily” fuel some trends already existing (identifying spirituality with doing nothing) but there is also somewhat of a process.
So, both this and working: Magic, Hindu mantras… For example, Ramana Maharshi too said that asanas, breathing etc. may be used.

And what do they believe? You might be surprised. I am finding there is actually less difference than you think. What most magickians stereotype as RHP is actually JCI mysticism. Most LHP folks I have spoken to have a very unenlightened view on this, most often because of spiritual abuse suffered at the hands of a religious source.

Here’s a hint: many RHP do not even believe in a god in the context of an actual deity or archetypical force.

I guess it depends on your definition of what a god is.

1 Like