Givin up- sorta

Been waiting for months for things financially to get right so i could get my ritual floorcloths and other items done right for beginning to do the big work i am starving to get done. But i am just wasting time, wanted to get a Universal circle this month, but the baseball bat to my financial kneeswas the last straw for me. So today me and the wife werethinning out sheets curtains blankets and whatever cloths, and I called dibs on all the no pattern ones, and will just get pain and paintpens and make my own Univ. Circle, try to tie the right demon to it, and even though i will be severely not able to work the way I could with my temple done, I will just do what I can in hopes the other side will meet me half way and help me materialise the outcomes I need. Luckily I got hundreds of syringes so I can blood the hell outta them.
Any counsel, concepts or helps would be very welcome. i am going for lift off with or without fuel in the boosters! SMIB

My advice would be to not bother with a circle at all. Trying to bind a demon to a circle is silly and disrespectful towards lesser spirits and more powerful entities won’t be held in place anymore than you or i would be. But that aside.
in reality there is no need for any ritual at all. All a ritual does is help convince you youre doing it right and focus your own energy more. The actual summoning is accomplished by your power alone. The bet course of action for you would be to enter a deep meditative state and without any ritual, call forth the demons you want to speak with and invoke them into yourself. Doing it this way shows a lot more maturity in you as a sorcerer and the demons will be more willing to help because of it.

5 Likes

ALL I had for magick was bits culled from a tiny handful of books, and anything I could make myself, for YEARS - and it worked just fine. :slight_smile:

Have faith in yourself as the Creator of these things, and don’t see them as second-best - buying tools is excellent, making tools is excellent - it’s all good IMO!

8 Likes

If you really feel you need to create the physical tool, go for it.

But before you do that, create a universal circle from your own energy that is so real in your imagination that you feel you could reach out and touch. Intend for it to be powerful in your service. And then use it to call forth a spirit who can tell you whether you really need the physical circle or not.

Maybe the physical circle is important for you to connect the energy to this world or maybe it’s not. You won’t really know until you try the astral circle first.

Like Eva, I’m finding myself using makeshift ritual tools and often times no tools at all. I continuously, and sometimes daily, get reminders from my spiritual advisors that the tools do not matter.

The physical ritual tools are just a form of “play” that help me get my mind into the proper state. My true magickal tools are My Energy, My Breath, My Focus, My Concentration, My Intention, and My Will.

1 Like

^ Agreed - the more conditions we pile onto doing effective magick, the more we drag it down to the moribund material world and all its clutter.

If you want a tool though, making it isn’t a “second-best” option!

If you are going to use ritual tools, at least do it in style. Go big or go home. Check out these giant candles I’d love a bunch for an altar room:

[url=http://www.theshadowsstudio.com/category.sc?categoryId=7]http://www.theshadowsstudio.com/category.sc?categoryId=7[/url]

1 Like

I agree with all advice here. Dark matter all the circle does is make contact easier. It may be necessary for many novices at first to help but with the right ascent path, you eventually won’t need it. I have used my circle from the site a total of three times. I wanted to build my convidence at first but then I learned quickly as I have many years of magical application even though I am young. It’s fine for that
But the way you get stronger is to shy away from it and not rely solely on that. It’s great if you are having an off day too it does help. Also someone was right about the ritual aspect. It raises more potential energy but may not be necessary. I prefer ritual because I have a feel background in musical and visual arts and magick magic is also an art form therefore I can appreciate the beauty of a well constructed ritual. Most people don’t or don’t have time which is fine, to each their own we all have certain preferences some like ritual, some like circles, and others don’t use any implements at all. Just go what feels right for you.

Any counsel, concepts or helps would be very welcome. i am going for lift off with or without fuel in the boosters! SMIB
Frater DM, I applaud you for taking the steps to make your circle by hand, although I do agree with Lady Eva, Valkarath and Zac, that YOU are your circle, you are the pentagram. I will add, you may certainly add energy to your circle by walking it, spinning in it, pulling energy up or down with your arms, or my new favorite, extending my fingertips and pulling energy from the stars....anything and everything is possible. I learned these techniques while communicating with my council and refer to it as "Shopping with the Goddess on a Budget." (reference coined by Valkarath)

the circle is a formality. you don’t need it.

the very first evocation i did in 2006 was to purson. i did a complete fast for 3 days and 3 nights and i made my circle and triangle out of black duct tape. no words, no fancy anything, literally just a circle and triangle.

when i conjured, it worked! at the time i didn’t think it worked, but knowing what i know now, it did. purson DID show up. the atmosphere got so heavy in the room that i thought i was going to go crashing through the floor. it also got really hot.

i was trancing so hard i couldn’t breathe properly, so i sat in a chair and continued to conjure. i went so deep into trance that i dozed right off and met purson in dreams.

when i woke up, all i saw in my peripheral vision was sparkly purple and neon green threads everywhere. i kept rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sight and it persisted for a few minutes after i got up. purson was speaking to me in the only way i could understand and i did get an answer.

your intent is the most important thing. if you approach the spirits with the right intent you don’t need to worry about the tools. it really doesn’t take much.

just like zac said, call the spirits forth and invoke them. the most important thing for you is to not want it so much, and by that what i mean is to relax. when you really want something to happen you tense up. to evoke, you need total relaxation as much as you can get your body to relax, do. breathe slowly and evenly. also keep your eyes and hands still when you conjure. as long as you are relaxed, you will eventually get contact when you call the spirits.

don’t make magick more complicated than it has to be. you don’t need a bunch of fancy things to do the work. you just need a reason and mental relaxation.

1 Like

the circle is a formality. you don’t need it.

the very first evocation i did in 2006 was to purson. i did a complete fast for 3 days and 3 nights and i made my circle and triangle out of black duct tape. no words, no fancy anything, literally just a circle and triangle.

when i conjured, it worked! at the time i didn’t think it worked, but knowing what i know now, it did. purson DID show up. the atmosphere got so heavy in the room that i thought i was going to go crashing through the floor. it also got really hot.

i was trancing so hard i couldn’t breathe properly, so i sat in a chair and continued to conjure. i went so deep into trance that i dozed right off and met purson in dreams.

when i woke up, all i saw in my peripheral vision was sparkly purple and neon green threads everywhere. i kept rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sight and it persisted for a few minutes after i got up. purson was speaking to me in the only way i could understand and i did get an answer.

your intent is the most important thing. if you approach the spirits with the right intent you don’t need to worry about the tools. it really doesn’t take much.

just like zac said, call the spirits forth and invoke them. the most important thing for you is to not want it so much, and by that what i mean is to relax. when you really want something to happen you tense up. to evoke, you need total relaxation as much as you can get your body to relax, do. breathe slowly and evenly. also keep your eyes and hands still when you conjure. as long as you are relaxed, you will eventually get contact when you call the spirits.

don’t make magick more complicated than it has to be. you don’t need a bunch of fancy things to do the work. you just need a reason and mental relaxation.[/quote]

I like what you said, that its more about intent and relaxation than using physical instruments

what did purson look like and what did he say

So, the purple and green threads were Purson’s way of speaking? Did you understand? Or, did you mean the dreams?

Should be finished tomarrow, will try to upload a pic when I am done. Excited, sensing a big wave coming, looking for a rowdy ride!!

It has been 3 years guys.

Interesting that op answered nonetheless.

One of the cool things about online communication is that it has no expiration date. :slight_smile:

1 Like

"And although the Wand creates, the Cup nourishes, the Sword destroys and the Coin redeems it is the Magician who is transformed.

“Eventually, you outgrow props - the weapons having been internalised.”

Al.

3 Likes

Full Metal Alchemist your shit and make yourself the entire ritual I know you can do it. Oddly, for me all the props and extras actually don’t get me anywhere as much as others that can use them. For me just candles, essential oils, a diffuser and incense and I get more out of that than a full blown setup. I’m seperated, on my mom’s couch with a shit job until things get better living and financially. The spirits understand that and time and time again I’m being told its the effort that matters most. So Don’t lose sleep over it unless the spirit you’re trying to work with requests certain things for a better connection. Instead of binding them to the circle, ask them to bless it and charge it with their energy/power so there’s no disrespect on your end.

1 Like

So, you can’t magick your way out of the dumps, either? I’m finding responses like “it’s a lesson”…but when I ask “what lesson, what’s the key?” … nothing.

I am going to make candles with magnesium powder in the wick so they will not go out in the wind
that is how the trick candles are made.

Yes, at the end of the day, tools are not really needed, but having them, especially if you create them the way you want, is so much fun. And part of the journey is to have fun, right?

2 Likes