Full time vs Part time Magician

I’m kinda torn between Magick being nothing more then a “means to an end” - while I pursue creative writing more successfully (ie writing empowered by Magick), and magick "having to be this SIGNIFICANT part of your day and how you spend your time/focus/ energy.

I like knowing I can get whatever I want- BUT most ppl here make it sound like you have to be a " Career Magician " just to get anywhere with this stuff. I know you dont , I know its all belief- and will- and focus- and trust-
But sometimes I let myself get sideswiped by a conversation that deepens and complexifies, what I thought was simple and strraight forward.

Thoroughly researching the history of an entity before you evoke/ invoke it may seem like a fun necessary part of the process, but to me it sounds like learning physics before I use the microwave.

So in other words its seems (as I’ve always sensed over the years) that ignorance is an asset to Magick, that what ever increases Will, Focus, Trust, Belief, is all that matters, and anything that splinters or diffuses or (what’s the opposite of ejaculate?) those things ought to be disavowed.

Can you be “serious” about Magick, and ascend exasperately, while only letting it take up a small part of your day?

Don’t some great magicians like great writers spend half their “work time” simply “living Magickally/ Creatively” ?

Magick dont need to be Ritualistic all the time, every act you do is Magick, Every Decision you take make you Ascent or not, Basicly Magick is to Cause Change according with the Will, so When you Make a ‘‘Mundane’’ Decision that cause Beneficial Change for you, your Actually Performing Magick.

Of Course Ritual and other Stuff of this Kind is Fun and I love doing it, but it is not Mandatory, As For the More ''Metaphysic Stuff its up to you, you can Practice ‘‘Sorcery’’ and manifest any of your Physical Desire without having to go into deep Metaphysical and Esoteric Learning and Research.

If you have time for it and Love it, do it, if not, dont worry, If you have concrete and Repteable Result with Magick and are creating the Life you want, your Doing Well!

Best Regards!

I see it as like being a parent, I’m not a parent yet (not in the normal sense anyway lol!) but the same way a mum or dad is never “off duty” you’re always going to be magickally aware, always have contact, but that doesn’t mean you’re doing conscious ritual 24/7 any more than a parent spends all day changing nappies or playing 1-2-1 with their kids.

Same with a relationship, you have this wonderful person that you love and they’re never NOT in your life, you know they’ll be there in a heartbeat if you need help or want to share something amazing, asking you for support in turn, and so on, but you’re not gazing into their eyes all love-struck every waking minutes.

My 2¢. :slight_smile:

[quote=“jackson_caulfield, post:1, topic:8154”]I’m kinda torn between Magick being nothing more then a “means to an end” - while I pursue creative writing more successfully (ie writing empowered by Magick), and magick "having to be this SIGNIFICANT part of your day and how you spend your time/focus/ energy.

I like knowing I can get whatever I want- BUT most ppl here make it sound like you have to be a " Career Magician " just to get anywhere with this stuff. I know you dont , I know its all belief- and will- and focus- and trust-
But sometimes I let myself get sideswiped by a conversation that deepens and complexifies, what I thought was simple and strraight forward.

Thoroughly researching the history of an entity before you evoke/ invoke it may seem like a fun necessary part of the process, but to me it sounds like learning physics before I use the microwave.

So in other words its seems (as I’ve always sensed over the years) that ignorance is an asset to Magick, that what ever increases Will, Focus, Trust, Belief, is all that matters, and anything that splinters or diffuses or (what’s the opposite of ejaculate?) those things ought to be disavowed.

Can you be “serious” about Magick, and ascend exasperately, while only letting it take up a small part of your day?

Don’t some great magicians like great writers spend half their “work time” simply “living Magickally/ Creatively” ?[/quote]

So Belial manifested over my right shoulder as a shadowy presence… in the form a shadow takes when light becomes as dense as matter. He pointed out these individuals telepathically…"You see those people? That wannabe, that retard, and those prospective badasses? They want to eat your RibEye/New York steak… to claim credit for the natural fortunes you were already born with…those fortunes I had blessed you with since the day you were born. They have come to steal my kingdom, our kingdom. Do you want to Win more than anything? How bad do you want to win? Call upon me… fight with me in Unity… "

There is only one rule. You must be a badass. Every act to get what you desire is an act of magick no matter how low tech and mundane, or how many candles in ritual and demonic conjurations you do.

I see it as like being a parent, I’m not a parent yet (not in the normal sense anyway lol!) but the same way a mum or dad is never “off duty” you’re always going to be magickally aware, always have contact, but that doesn’t mean you’re doing conscious ritual 24/7 any more than a parent spends all day changing nappies or playing 1-2-1 with their kids.

Same with a relationship, you have this wonderful person that you love and they’re never NOT in your life, you know they’ll be there in a heartbeat if you need help or want to share something amazing, asking you for support in turn, and so on, but you’re not gazing into their eyes all love-struck every waking minutes.

My 2¢. :)[/quote]

I think lady eva nailed it. Other than this if your idea of a full time magician is something like what EA is doing then I suggest making youtube videos and writing a couple books. Build a following, offer services and reap the rewards of your hard work. This isn’t an overnight thing though but it will be worth it if you’re wanting to be “full time”.

use the hypersigil to achieve both.