Franz Bardon: Focusing on a single idea

To be fair, it seems its pretty much the same with little difference, what edition you are using?

Np. I’m glad I could be of help. I would strongly suggest getting the actual book whenever you can. There is clearly some information you are missing and the PDF is obviously not faithful to the text. Good luck with IIH! It’s one of the best tools for starting out and covering the basics.

1 Like

Edition? Looks to be the second English translation, fifth printing. Merkur Publishing.

Holy crap, I didn’t realize the hardcover was so expensive now… Paperback still affordable though. Well worth the price.

I studied all his books for years and that is how I learned what I know , feel free to ask as many questions as you want to

1 Like

You know, an apology would be nice considering how veneficus has cleared this up and you were AFTER ALL, quoting the wrong exercise like I’d said and barraging me even after I let the whole matter go.

Nobody is using the same PDF as you, that’s the point.

Your PDF doesn’t align with the book or or source that any of us are using.

Exercise 3 is Subordination of Thoughts.
Veneficus has cleared this up and OP’s material matches.

Exercise 2, like I have said is what he’s on.

To be fair, its clear we were talking about the both same shit since dawn of time.My book says its excersise 3.Also, the guy also uses a pdf, and what Veneficus said is the 2016 edition, which doesnt have a pdf of, so, no apologizes from me man. :ok_hand:

And I have talked with Veneficus via PM, and the excersise we are talking about is, oh guess what, same.

Oof, someone is using the same pdf :scream:

This is your book right? This is your screen shot.
See at the Top it says Summary of Exercises of Step 1:
See what is next to number 3.

You’ve been reading your book wrong. The third exercise is Subordination of Thoughts like I’ve been saying. You’ve been telling OP that that was his exercise while he’s confirmed he’s on Exercise 2. I gave him instructions for exercise 2, and you still attacked me insisting he was on Exercise 3 - when he clearly wasn’t.

This is why I’m mad. You’d been confused and then arguing.
We were not talking about the same shit. Exercise 3 is about having nothing in your mind. And you kept on telling OP he was on that, despite exercise 2 being about something totally different. Again, the gaslighting from you is insane.

Listen, I have posted the clear proof, just above, by this point, if you still deny it, you are blind as hell.

Please stop tagging me into this thread, dude.

Litterally its so clear he is on excersise three, b part of it.Holding into a chosen thought.OP was holding into am amethyst.

1 Like

Okay, no more. Yes I quoted what you posted in my reply. It clearly points out your mistake.
Goodbye

And clearly, based on your own screenshot of your Book it demonstrates that OP is on a totally different exercise which others have pointed out to you.
You still insist he’s on exercise 3, which according to your screen capture is ‘Subordination of thought’ - this is unrelated to what you claim.

The technique is very powerful and it works. More than this it elevates the vibration. Actually this book should be one of the most important for every aspiring witch :fire:

:snake:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I think I’ve got the idea on this topic now, but I will keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

How are you progressing with the exercise. TBH I am having trouble but it may be that I am judging myself too strictly.

How exactly are you determining what is a disturbance. Do visuals count?

For example, lets say you are focusing your thoughts on fire, but an image of ice or water jumps into your mind, would you mark that as a failure even if you are repeating a mantra related to fire using your minds voice.

In other words, you are still focused on the concept of fire and thinking about it, but for an instant a visual glimpse of something opposite of it (or unrelated to it) popped into your mind, would you consider that something that marks the end timestamp for how long you can last?

I’d not consider momentary glimpses of the ice or water as failure, tbh; I’d just send my focus back to the fire images. But if the images persisted, then I’d see it as a signal that I need to do more work on that exercise and I’d possibly examine why I might be resisting the images of fire.

Maybe I’m doing the exercises with rules that are too strict. I’m just counting the slightest glimpse as a signal to stop the timer. I keep doing the exercise up to 10 minutes but I mark the time where I get the first interruption.

I think I’m going to stick to those strict rules though, because I am making progress, and If I could make it to 10 minutes without any interruption at all I think that would more accurately fit the standard described for that exercise.

Also, I’ll probably need that level of proficiency in order to do the next exercise (vacancy of mind) where you have to repress all thoughts.

Good luck with your own practice.

Oh btw, do you know of any other books/training methodologies that are exercise focused like Initiation Into Hermetics?

Mark Rasmus (on youtube) uses training methods that are based on IIH’s teachings, working with the elements, and so on. Not exactly magic, but the training can be helpful to the magician.