Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art

I’ve been quite intrigued by this, one of the 21 satanic points but i don’t really understand it. In fact i don’t understand a few more of them but this one catches my attention, would any one be kind enough to put me in the right direction? I wish to understand this statement or should i take literal? Or there actual use of this as an attitude towards work (magickal or artistic) in modern life?

1 Like

Neat so don’t strive for perfection but live in chaos, check :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

I interpreted it as to not attempt anything without purpose, working towards a goal and achieving it is what matters.

3 Likes

there are swords that are made to decorate a wall. If anybody tries to use them in a fight they will fall apart.

And then there are swords that don’t look very pretty in a display, but become a reliable friend in a real fight

2 Likes

a135efe8a79c9f7239f8101c09ddcfdc

1 Like

to me it speaks not only about the object itself, but about the perspectives that go into making or judging said object. my interpretation goes something like this: let’s say you have person A who is very artsy but not very practical, whereas person B is pretty much the opposite. person A may judge the object solely on aesthetics, while person B may look at it from a more functional standpoint. let’s say the object is a polished stone axe head that not only looks nice but is actually functional. person B may appreciate it more because that person not only sees that it looks nice, but that it’s also pretty functional. person A may still appreciate it, but not as deeply as someone like person B because they don’t understand the practical side of it. so, the stone axe head is not just a work or art, it could be artful and useful. in the end it really depends on what your goal is though. if your goal is to just make art than that shouldn’t be devalued just because it’s only art, and the same goes for the opposite. it’s not that one perspective is better than the other, it’s when they’re not applied right is when there’s problems. person A may make a stone axe head that looks nice but is crap functionally because of their imbalanced perspective. I would not want person A making me tools and such for that reason, person B would be better suited for the job.