Followed steps completely in Mathers Goetia Demon did not show

I followed all the steps but the demon didn’t show. Why do they do not appear.
Has anyone had success with ceremony ?
They should arrive physically.

Does Rudd book work better as Crowley version didn’t work.

Maybe there wasn’t enough attuning. Try it with a friend. In gothic bars are lots of people interested in that

1 Like

Welcome @Operative It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please click the link below and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick ie what you practice, how long you have practiced, etc:

intro3

1 Like

Done

Do you[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:3, topic:96798, full:true”]
Welcome @Operative It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please click the link below and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick ie what you practice, how long you have practiced, etc:

intro3
[/quote]

Do you have any input on why this didn’t work?
All steps where followed

No, they won’t. Unless your spiritual senses are developed then you are highly unlikely to notice their presence if they arrived.

3 Likes

The first evocation that i attempted was Guland from Grimorium Verum. I was just a kid and knew nothing of evocation. Nothing showed up. Not long after, I got really sick. Periodically I would be awoken by acrid smells in the room and this persisted for many years. It took me decades to realize that the smells and bouts of sickness were connected to spirit activity.

Guland had been following me around ever since that first failed evocation. Once I tied up that loose end, the acrid smells and sickness stopped. The point of that story is that just because you think it failed doesn’t mean that something didn’t show up.

9 Likes

If this is the case then they don’t show up physically like the book says and all of others of its kind.

I own several books of this kind including the one in question. I don’t recall any of them mentioning that they show up physically.

2 Likes

How where you to make a deal if you can’t see or speak?

What did you do to stop it?

What did you want from him? I understand if this one is a bit personal.

Thanks

1 Like

As far as I was concerned the operation was a failure. Nothing further was done.

A few months back, I called him up again and had a conversation. That was literally it. The visitations stopped.

I wanted nothing except to summon a spirit. His offering of toasted bread was easy enough for a teenager to come by and that is why he was chosen. There was no other purpose. This is the sort of thing that boneheaded teenagers do when they start experimenting with magic.

1 Like

It says it will form from the smoke from the coals. This is physical.

It doesn’t say anything about meditation, gazing into mirrors, astrael projection it’s not apart of the ceremony.

1 Like

Honestly, I feel like a noob. Sure, I got some demons to show up in aluminum foil, but actually, others haven’t so, I’m not entirely sure on the steps and process. I think you have to put more time and effort into it, not just all the physical preparations, but mental preparations as well (and the mental preparations are arguably more important, but that is another topic.)
I think a lot of it is, you can’t be too scared of them. I mean, on some subconscious level, some of us may have some fear of them, so if you are afraid of what terrifying thing is going to show up, then guess what? Nothing might show up.

You still need the sight to see it though.

Were you in an altered state of consciousness, also known as the Theta/Gamma Sync, magical trance, or gnosis?

1 Like

No.
I only know one way to alter conciousness.

Trance is required for magick. Without it, you won’t see or hear anything.

Traditionally, in ceremonial magick, fasting and prayer were used to alter consciousness. Magicians of old also used flagellation, asphyxiation, sleep deprivation, and glossolalia.

Dervishes whirled. Shamans ingested entheogens. Monks meditated and chanted.

Magicians still do all of those things, as well as use techniques of hypnosis, and orgasm, to enter the mind state necessary for magick.

If you want to learn how, type “trancework” into the search function in the upper right. I did a tutorial on some very easy techniques beginners can try out.

As for following all the steps, you didn’t actually do so. There is so much emphasis on the Goetia in the LHP these days, that people tend to forget that it forms only a part of the Key of Solomon, and that it was written with the expectation of the student possessing the basic skills required, so it skips over most of the preliminaries.

8 Likes

I don’t really use the incense method. The one time that I did was with Terratur from KoF. I used enough copal resin that the room was filled with smoke. Terratur’s manifestation resembled a kind of hologram that I could see in the smoke. It was different from my usual working in that it seemed a bit more like I was using normal vision and a bit less like astral vision. Also, I didn’t have to work so hard for an appearance. Still, i was in an altered state and the smoke did not coalesce into a solid form. It was more like a three dimensional projection screen, if that makes sense. So take that for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

I’m going to just do this

1 Like

[quote=“Jastiv, post:13, topic:96798, full:true”]
Honestly, I feel like a noob. Sure, I got some demons to show up in aluminum foil,[/quote]
Greatest noob of all times!

I just wanted to add that each thing in the goetia has a symbolic meaning. The rituals, preparations, and even the shapes that the spirits themselves take has a symbolic meaning. I used to just think that symbols didn’t mean anything and intent was all that mattered, back when I started out as “a chaos magician.” I quickly threw all that out however when I experimented with Alestier Crowley’s Star Ruby, the Golden Dawn, LBRP and other stuff. I realized that certain symbols mean certain things, whether you are consciously aware of it or not.
For instance, the lion skin belt represents courage(among other things), so of course it makes a difference for some people if they use it or not.

3 Likes