Focalor and Lucifuge Rofocale

I’m sure this has come up before but there is some speculation that the goetic Focalor and Lucifuge Rofocale being the same being based on Focalor being an anagram for various spellings. Has anyone every had any verification of this through evokation?

1 Like

I can tell you that my experience with Focalor has led me to believe they are 2 different beings. I have not worked with Lucifuge but there is absolutely nothing about Focalor that was remotely similar to what folks have said after working with Lucifuge. Focalor does not even have a mouth and speaks through the actions you take subconsciously. He is very unique and more than a little terrifying.

1 Like

Interesting. Yes I’ve always wonder that and in fact had my doubts as “suppose” the legend behind Goetia and lesser key is true - I’ve always doubted Lucifers counterpart could easily be “bound to a vessel”

2 Likes

Yes. I will most likely work with Lucifuge in the future, so I am excited to discover whether my thoughts on this hold any weight. Come to think of it, I will probably just ask one of them next time.

Nope there seperate

What exactly does Focalor’s attributes offer anyways- the description seem that of baneful but regarding at waters and governing them- beyond that all my readings are pretty vague and similar “His office is to slay
Men, and to drown them in the Waters, and to overthrow Ships of War, for he hath Power over both Winds and Seas; but he will not hurt any man or thing if he be commanded to the contrary by the Exorcist” so if my foe is of sea fairing nature he’d be the guy- ok but is there more for those who have worked with him?

2 Likes

I’ve been just rabbling for the last half hour about answers and things falling in my lap and EAs “I evoke Lucifers Dark Twin and He Pays me a warning” vid randomly comes on via suggested watches and says can certainly say they are separate having worked with both. Third time in an half hour this has happened- sought knowledge fallen into my lap.

2 Likes

no exp with focalor, but i can tell you that the presence of Lucifuge is something you WILL NOT MISTAKE for some other entity.

the first time i evoked him some lesser demon came forth…and i called it out for being a fake. it left.

Lucifuge Rofocale then reared his head from beneath the shadows. his presence is massive. a shadow that is alive and constantly moving. (though you probably wont notice)

when he appeared before me he was holding a lamp. and MAN was it bright…it was explained to me later that the lamp was actually dark and just reflecting the light of whoever evokes him.

when you evoke him, like other spirits there are things you just come to know about him without exchanging words. for example: lucifuge is the rebalancer of the scales of power. he decides which power flows where and when. there are a few with this power but his is the greatest, greater even than some gods i’ve met. he has only one form of manifestation toward the magician, and that is through pact.

when he speaks there is a chill deep in your bones and an uneasyness in the air, as if you are about to be struck by something that never comes.

when dismissed this grand demonic nether leaves behind visible traces of his presence. for me its always a shadow that seems to linger for over an hour in the place he was last at. and every spirit that you evoke after him will ask you “is he still here??”

if you have not experienced this, than you HAVE NOT MET Lucifuge Rofocale

6 Likes

As someoene who met both spirits and worked with them I can tell you that to me this is just a legend. It makes no sense whatsoever. They are different as night is from day.

1 Like