• oil of lemon 1 fluid ounce
• oil of cloves 1 1/4 fluid drachms
• oil of cinnamon 2 1/2 fluid drachms
• oil of neroli 1/2 fluid drachms
• essence of jasmine 6 fluid ounces
• essence of musk 2 fluid ounces
• alcohol 8 pints
• rose water 1 pint
Mix and, if cloudy, filter through magnesium carbonate. ps: I tried to find one that didn’t require so much alcohol and this what what i could find. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

~Aluriel

3 Likes

How would one go about calling the Lwa for empowerment if he is a non initiate? I mean for the Florida water to actually work needs to be empowered first by a Lwa right?

1 Like

I haven’t worked the Vodoun current, as far as i consider.
But i had someone working similar stuff.

I’d say, establish a Connection to Papa Legba first.
I rearly call upon him, becouse i kinda feel we Play in different Teams.

Still, i’d use the following IENvokation:

Depending on your normal ritual mechanics, you may adjust lightsettings, offerings, incense etc.

Main ingredients:

Flour,
Alcohol.

Extra Ingredients:
Bones,
Stones,
Metals,
eventually Clay.

First, and foremost, Call him with respect.
He’s Way more powerful, then any of us is completly Aware of.

Breathe through your Eyes and Ajna Chakra, the Sigil in.

Relax, by forgetting everything except the sigil.

Calm yourself down, and notice that deep spot at the end of your Breathing tunnel, in your stomach, where it feels like the Energy becomes especially dense, and dark.

Raise that Energy, through your Throath and Chant, in that lowered, demonic Voice, you have by then:

Aloha Papa Legba,
I Call you Forth,
And Conjure you.
Raise upon me,
and from within me.
Be one with me!
Unite with me!
I call you gently and Humble,
So do as i Obey!
Papa Legba,
Kama Kala,
Alash Tal Alash Tal Al 'Ashthu
Deyo Oa al LoaH

i suppose, you’re okay with drinking alcohol, becouse while you do this,
you’ll feel the Need to drink, and your throat is goin to hurt.

You do that while burning the Veve made of Flour, with some fetish on it, and The Conducting Material is Alkohol.
Alkohol in the Fetish, as well as Alkohol in you.

You’ll try to resist the Need to drink while you chant,
and the Moment you get unable to resist, you drink that strong alcohol.
(Minimum 40%, but everything over it is better, becouse you want an Alcohol which easily burns. - but it shouldn’t be beyond 70%, becouse of huge health risk.
Also, Keep water nearby, for security. at least 2 litres for drinking yourself, and some extra to stop the fetish from burning)

This will force your Body and the Fetish to connect your Spirit very directly to the current.
It’s a self-initiation.

Please, if someone is more expierienced on the Current of Vodoun, add to my guide, and Show mistakes which seem out of place for success.

Oh and if you have a tabaco pipe, i suggest using it as a replacement of the ritual dagger, as well as having a Walking stick and a old man’s hat, also helps definatly. i even suggest they belong to the necesassary Tools, but i might be wrong about that.
At least, i found my pipe, the one which is made of Corn, to be extremly linked towards the current…
:wink:

Kindest Regards,

¥’B

1 Like

I received this recipe from one of my shamanic instructors:

1 cup distilled water
3/8 cup vodka or other clear spirits
18 drops essential oil of bergamont
12 drops essential oil of lavender
3 drops essential oil of clove bud
4 drops essential oil of orange

On a personal note, I add a small piece of tourmaline to mine.

We use it to cleanse a area prior to opening sacred space. We also apply it to our hands and trace them over our body to cleanse our aura. I was taught to directly apply it to the back of my neck. The aura cleanse begins at the head and travels down the body. I do this before undertaking any journey work.

Hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

Sounds like something I’ll be in to

I have the same book … yes indeedy. Actually I have both of them.

J

To Bless and make Holy Water -

Exorcizo te, creatura aquæ, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in nomine Jesu Christi, Filii ejus Domini nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti: ut fias aqua exorcizata ad effugandam omnem potestatem inimici, et ipsum inimicum eradicare et explantare valeas cum angelis suis apostaticis, per virtutem ejusdem Domini nostri Jesu Christ: qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos et sæculum per ignem. Deus, qui ad salutem humani generis maxima quæque sacramenta in aquarum substantia condidisti: adesto propitius invocationibus nostris, et elemento huic, multimodis purificationibus præparato, virtutem tuæ benedictionis infunde; ut creatura tua, mysteriis tuis serviens, ad abigendos dæmones morbosque pellendos divinæ gratiæ sumat effectum; ut quidquid in domibus vel in locis fidelium hæc unda resperserit careat omni immunditia, liberetur a noxa. Non illic resideat spiritus pestilens, non aura corrumpens: discedant omnes insidiæ latentis inimici; et si quid est quod aut incolumitati habitantium invidet aut quieti, aspersione hujus aquæ effugiat: ut salubritas, per invocationem sancti tui nominis expetita, ab omnibus sit impugnationibus defensa. Per Dominum, amen.

I exorcise thee, creature of water, in the name of God the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, his Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, that you may put to flight all the power of the enemy, and that enemy and to root out and, along with his fallen angels through the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. O God, who for the salvation of the human race has built Thy greatest mysteries in the substance, in your kindness hear our prayers, and with the element to this, for many kinds of purifications of his well-prepared, the power of Thy blessing, Serve it; the creation of Thy mysteries, serving as an agent of divine grace; is sprinkled with this water in their houses or in the buildings of the faithful, that whatever might be free from all uncleanness, he is freed from every harm. It is not no pestilent spirit, no taint of corruption; let all the wiles of the lurking enemy; or to provide for the safety and peace of the inhabitants of that which is, and if there be any, by the sprinkling of this water, so that health, through the invocation of Thy holy name, made secure against all attacks. Amen

J

Little late to this party. I just buy it. It’s cheap and less effort.
Murray and Lanman. You can find it in botanicas, some
mercados, and on Amazon.

Lots of hoodoo recipes call for it.

I use it to cleanse items, floors, and myself when necessary.

Favorite use is to mix it with distilled water and a drop of holy water(you can make that yourself or get it from a catholic church…again, this is hoodoo).Put it in a spray bottle. Then spray that stuff everywhere if things feel off in a room. Not talking about getting rid of haints(that’s right hoodoo folks, HAINTS), just crappy vibrations.

1 Like

I must report back,
i had great healing and banishing success with the Florida Water i crafted.

i didn’t find it such useful for evokation.
It repells spirits, i found.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

2 Likes

Yeah, spirits lose their shit with this stuff. Even the ones inside people.

I’ve gotten similar results from the LBRP where people get fidgity and just don’t wanna be around.

1 Like

@Yberion I will try it with spirits. Never used it for that purpose. It would be a lot easier than burning camphor or using old-fashioned mothballs. Do not even think about using the mothballs. They will drive every fucking thing out of the house including YOU.

1 Like

Before talking with your spiritual guides and ancestors, you should put some in your hands and run your hands all over your body to cleanse yourself. You should then shake your hands over the glasses in your boveda (spiritual altar) so the spirits capture your essence before you speak to them. This is how it’s done in Santeria.

1 Like

@Darkprincess look at this. I never heard of it, but it might help you with your current situation.

It caught my attention because it is Florida.

1 Like

Florida water is good good cleansing. It can also be really useful if a person has been possessed by a spirit and you are trying to ground them and bring them back to themselves after the possession. It helps the spirits energy detach from the horse.

2 Likes

I found this topic looking for Florida water🤠. Lot of recipes. I don’t know if I will need them anytime soon, but nice to see them.

I started studyin making alcohol at the beginning of corona-virus cause there was no sanitizer and almost no soap for almost 3 months. so…

If you live in a country where you cant get 90proof, you can make your own by 1. removing poison and 2. concentrating.

1. brewing ethanol also creates methanol, acetone, and a lot of other not so healthy things. In the fight between wine-makers and safety people the wine-makers won. Wine and beer has all the methanol and acetone in it. (That’s what gives people hang-overs) Spirits is concentrated alcohol. Without removal the concentration of methanol can be a lethal level, so spirit makers are required to remove it.

If you are using ethanol, you can remove the methanol and acetone yourself. Ethanol boils at 173F. Methanol boils at 143F. and acetone around 153F. putting your brew in a double boiler and heating it to 155F is a compromise. 155F for 15 min gets rid of some flavor, and gets rid of the majority of poisonous substances.

1. to concentrate the alcohol and increase the proof you have to remove water. Conveniently there is a product made for this called “alcohol dehydration beads”. These brown tapioca pearls🥸 absorb water, but not alcohol.

The rest is a math problem. but the math can be confusing. Its easier if you can get a hygrometer. (It looks like a thermometer with a fat bulb) They come marked for measuring salt in a fish tank, for measuring alcohol in your brew… and probably for a few other things. Make sure you get the right one🤓.

If you have the one for alcohol in your hands you have to see if the scale is for proof or percentage. They arent the same thing. Each country has its own definition of proof. In USA 100%pure alcohol is 200proof.

90proof is 45%alcohol 55%water