First pendulum

Hello, I think I’m gonna buy myself a pendulum as I think it will answer yes/no questions better than cartomancy. But I don’t know which type is the best. There are pendulums with gemstones, various types of gemstones like amethyst, rose quartz, obsidian etc, some even have several gemstones. There are pendulums in metal without any gemstone, I’ve also seen pendulums all in wood, so which type is the best?

2 Likes

Lolol having trouble with tarot? Im terrible with just flash cards let alone learning all the cards. Divination is my weak point. Hope the pendulum works, let me know bc i need a good divination tool.

1 Like

@Rcs4215 I don’t have that much trouble with tarot, it’s just that it’s not the best tool to answer to yes or no questions. If tarot cards are too difficult for you to memorize you can always try an oracle deck!

I would skip all the ornamentation. Just buy a nice looking, basic pendulum. That is all you need. Mine is a simple black dew drop shape that I picked up at the local pagan store. Hell, a key on a string will do, as recommended by Uncle Chuckie in his book psionic magick.

2 Likes

Mine is a solid brass pendulum, on a random chain. I don’t really use it for divination, but it is very nicely conductive (not electrical)

1 Like

Find a rock and a string. Basically all you need. I’m not very advanced but be careful of any residual energy. You might have to cleanse it first. (Any more advanced mages please make sure that I am correct

1 Like

I work with Mermet pendulum, has many advatages.
Good luck!

If you have to buy one instead of making one, for a several dollars you get a pretty nice amethyst one off Amazon. Good for healing. Real amethyst. Company sells a variety of crystals so if you want a crystal pendulum they’re cheaper but nice. The several gem ones are for chakra balancing.

1 Like