First experiences with the occult

I would love to hear how you all stumbled here and what your stories are on your first experiences. I will add mine eventually, feels to long to type right now though haha. Anybody also recommend any books on these topics?

Does it count if I didn’t know what I was doing at the time? As a child and pre-teen I would spend a lot of time obsessively daydreaming and losing myself in imagination picturing the things I wanted in life, and without fail they would manifest. This applied to small things, like a certain game I wanted on N64, or bigger and more out-of-reach items for a sub-13 year old to acquire alone, like a motocross bike. Until perhaps my mid-teens when moodiness and hormones got the better of me, this worked reliably and I used to assume that I was somehow lucky or blessed, because I knew for a certainty that anything I wanted in life was mine to have, and it was only a matter of time and concentration before I had it.

Although my first truly inexplicable experience was probably at around 8 years old when I was awoken by a shadow person in my room who took me by the hand, coaxed me out of bed and led me towards the front door of my house. I was scared of the dark and slept with a light on until I was about 20; as a child, there was literally nothing in this realm or the next that could have convinced me to get out of bed in the dark in the middle of the night. I still wonder about that sometimes.

What sort of books are you looking for? If you browse around long enough there are plenty of recommendations. I am putting together a varied reading list for myself that I can share if you are interested.

Something to help with learning kabbalah so I can better understand Crowleys works would be cool. Or anything on theory or practical methods. I really liked Sexual Alchemy by Donald Tyson and the way he drew on many different cultures in his explanations, was definitely one of my favorites so far. Also, maybe something that would be a good overview of various beings and dimensions and whatnot. Really anything that a somewhat beginner would grasp. Crowleys works are too complex for me at the moment, I understand a lot of words mean numbers, which is why a good book on kabbalah would be nice. Or something to help me communicate with my succubus.

The Key to the True Kabbalah by Franz Bardon.

A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie (considered one of the best introductions to the Kabbalah)

The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford and Son of Chicken Qabalah by Lon Milo Duqqette

1 Like

Life changing, indeed

1 Like