Finding new spirits

I’m not clear about this: I get the blind evocation protocol, to get the name/sigil of wandering spirits, but in the section on trapping spirits in objects I understand that EA pulls a spirit out of thin air that can help with the protective function he requires.

So, if I’ve got this right, one would formulate what functions the “new” spirit should have, then get the name/sigil, and evoke it formally and issue the task. Is there any more to the protocol than that? What techniques do you use?

I’ve worked with evoking entities created from sigilisation of a desire using Spares methods, has anyone found any merit of one over the other? I’d be interested to hear any opinions.

Thanks

Well, in my view of things, you’ve basically done the same thing! You set an intent and desire, and spirits who fulfill that basically heed your call. That’s about it. Spare’s method and blind evocation method kinda look like the same, but I wouldn’t know much about it, sorry.

Thing is, without wishing to be disrespectful, why would you need new spirits?

You’ve got a whole whopping 9 planets full of intelligences and spirits to evoke, the 72 big players of the Goetia, Olympic spirits, Archangels…? I used to also thirst for newcomers when I just realized: “oh wow, I didn’t even evoke any of these first! Maybe I should, cause what the Hell, it’s the most walked path. It’s bound to give me results!”

Btw, have you tried the Fifty Names of Marduk? There you have 50 brand new spirits to do your bidding! And the rituals are not much beyond the opening of sigils!

[quote=“333, post:2, topic:4892”]Well, in my view of things, you’ve basically done the same thing! You set an intent and desire, and spirits who fulfill that basically heed your call. That’s about it. Spare’s method and blind evocation method kinda look like the same, but I wouldn’t know much about it, sorry.

Thing is, without wishing to be disrespectful, why would you need new spirits?

You’ve got a whole whopping 9 planets full of intelligences and spirits to evoke, the 72 big players of the Goetia, Olympic spirits, Archangels…? I used to also thirst for newcomers when I just realized: “oh wow, I didn’t even evoke any of these first! Maybe I should, cause what the Hell, it’s the most walked path. It’s bound to give me results!”

Btw, have you tried the Fifty Names of Marduk? There you have 50 brand new spirits to do your bidding! And the rituals are not much beyond the opening of sigils![/quote]

Thanks 333. Point taken. Sometimes I just like to experiment with something that might be a little more specific than a “standard” spirit and see how the actions compare.

I have used specifics when evoking localised spirits connected with buildings and places in an attempt to discover what happened there and what can be done to change things. I’m into changing the non-physical characteristics of place so that it has action on the people who inhabit that place. Sometimes these custom spirits come in handy, although in saying that, throwing a Goetic at the problem works wonders too, especially when they don’t know about it!

The 50 names look interesting.