Feeling dizzy after banishing

So I’ve been binge-reading GoM books lately and thought that it would be a good idea to pick up a habit of banishing twice a day. I’ve been doing it since Monday. And can attest that I DO feel better in general.

However, I feel dizzy right after the banishing. It stays for a few moments and then I’m usually good to go. It kind of bothers me that it’s been nearly a week and the feeling doesn’t go away :thinking: I don’t feel anything of the sort while I’m meditating.

Does anyone know what it might be? Am I overdoing it? Or is there, maybe, some sort of a parasite leeching off of me?

2 Likes

It is the energy of the ritual. It is making you lightheaded. It’s normal.

What banishing ritual are you using?

2 Likes

Is that normal for the LBRP too?

1 Like

Sometimes the presence of the archangels can be a bit overwhelming. They bring a lot of energy with them, so yes, definitely it can happen with the LBRP.

I’m assuming the OP is using the Circle of Power from Damon Brand’s work which is quite similar to the LBRP. Waiting for him to confirm though.

1 Like

Thanks, that eases my mind, thanks DK, my friend

1 Like

Nope. I’m using the easiest, the one for lazy people :slight_smile: The sword banishing.
Also, I am she, lol

2 Likes

Apologies. I used the “he” as default since I didn’t know your gender.

I’m not familiar with that one, but my guess would be the same. It’s the energy built up via the ritual that is making you light headed. You may get used to it over time, or you may not, depending on your sensitivity, but since you said it clears after a few moments, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

2 Likes

No offense taken :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Actually, now that we are talking about banishing and a few rituals were mentioned, is there any difference between them in terms of one being better than the other?

2 Likes

It’s really down to what you personally resonate with, in my opinion. The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is considered to be the gold standard of banishing in ceremonial magic and it is very powerful when done well, but there are also many different variations on it that people have created and used successfully.

For example, some people don’t vibe with angels so they swap them with different entities, like demons, which then provides a different flavouring to the basic ritual, such as in the Banishing Rite of the Dark Lord.

I personally enjoy the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, and some of its variations, but I also enjoy Jason Miller’s Hecate Banishing from his book Protection and Reversal Magick. I find it to be quite powerful. I’ve also used Damon Brand’s Circle of Power, which is streamlined but still remarkably good. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll use a banishing incantation to clear my area instead of a full banishing ritual.

The most powerful banishing, though, is the one that speaks to your mind the deepest with its symbolism. The pentagrams, and beings invoked, have to strike a chord with you in order to be effective. Sometimes, the best banishing is simply to bellow in a loud voice “Fuck off, ya assholes!”

5 Likes

Are you referring to the one from the book Magickal Protection? If so, i can relate, as i had a similiar experience for a little while. Perhaps it is from the energy of the Kabbalahic angels you are working with, as i also found them intense

5 Likes

So then, if I understand correctly I can also modify the LBRP the way I want, for example. And it will be just s potent as the original LBRP as long as I feel connected.

Wow, thank you. It never dawned on me.

Yes, that is the one.
I wonder where the author has gotten all the angel names though.

2 Likes

Kabbalahist tradition it seems. If I recall correctly, they comes from the 72 Names of God, which are built through letters of specific verses within texts

2 Likes

Try spending extra moments on the start invoking the sun before calling the names to help rise your vibration to theirs to avoid the struggle your body go through adjusting to their presence!

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the Kabbalah at all. But, maybe, I shall look into it when I have time as it’s always good to know what and who exactly I am inviting. Thanks!

Oh, I see. That makes sense. I’ll try it tonight, thank you.

2 Likes