Fear of having my curses backfire

Practice. You use practice to train yourself to not expect harm from baneful work, but doing baneful work and it not backfiring. Do small things to show success and if it does backfire, there’s no real issue, exactly like dipping your toe in the water.

That’s normal. At this level of magick you work through existing channels of probability. You may never know if it’s a coincidence or not, but I would say trust your intuition as to whether you want to take credit or not.

5 Likes

The law of survival is the highest law of nature and it is its essence.
If you absorb mainly evil from people, you can become really sick and then you cannot cultivate.
They came to the wrong address.
The rule is simple If you irritate a lion, you may become his meal.
You have the right to live and you need this body. They brought the misfortune upon themselves.
This is their payment.

2 Likes

Can Pazuzu also remove backfiring curses?

Small baneful works like for instance?

And I want to remove that poison. Using my reason have not been enough. There must be something deeper that creates that fear of backfire. Something in my subconsciousness perhaps.

@Satanalash Please do not preach dogma or moralize on this forum, and do not question the OPs motives by taking issue with what the OP wants to do.

AGAIN, this is a WORKING THREAD.

1 post removed. If you would like to start another thread on your views about Wicca and back them up with practical experience explaining why you believe it’s real and not religious hearsay, that would be great, but please keep it real and not derailing someone else’s thread.

4 Likes

Backfiring is completely real and it’s inappropriate for someone to diminish your sensible caution in this regard. Backfiring occurs due to two main issues that are often overlooked but can be mitigated against. these are energetic issues and are experienced by all mages of all types and persuasions.

1. Like attracts like. This Hermetic Principle simply means that being in a bad mood enough to harm someone, attracts more of that energy to you, in the form of back luck but also parasites attracted to that flavour of energy. Parasites can also add to the mix by bringing more back luck and unregulated emotions that cause more problems for you.

2. Protections on the Target, such as a mirror shield, or guardians/generational ancestral protection, or wards around the house… these can literally reflect back your own directed energy so that you become the target. This is the more commonly understood idea of backlash - your own energy is flipped back at you.

So real issues cause real fear, especially when you don’t know how to test to see if the fear is valid.

The best antidote to fear is understanding. Understand your target, divine and look for the kinds of protections that would limit or reflect the magcik and address them as part of the working, ALWAYS practice good spiritual hygiene by warding your ritual space, cleansing self and area before and after to clean out any lesser entities attracted to the “smell” of food, and basically spend much more time on your preparations and closeout to stay fully healthy.

2 Likes

Does this mean that if a death curse backfires the mage do not necessary die?

Very rarely, first most death curses don’t kill anyway, they act to remove the target from your life or stop the problem, as that is the underlying true intent: to stop the problem, while wanting them dead is secondary to the reason you want them gone.

Second you’d have to have thrown a massive amount of energy and it’s never reflected back perfectly, it gets scattered and people around the target and possible you also get some, pets die, food rots too fast.

You are in a sea of energy and nothing is quite as it seems when seen through a lens of emotion and memories. If you take that into account, and using the analogy that you are a ship sailing the seas, if you read the maps and weather can chart a sensible course and not get hit by waves or rocks.

2 Likes

So if the petition is “I want him dead” and then stab the athame into the heart of the doll representing the victim it would not work because there is no cause why I want him dead?

Does it mean that it takes a lot of energy to actual perform a curse that kills?

No, it’s more about you and how your energetic system is bringing the energy to bear. It’s not about external factors like the abstract physical reason you want this person out of your life, it’s about your emotions. If you genuinely want him dead then the magick will flow that way. Most people have never even killed their own dinner, don’t know themselves or what that would be like, and don’t even understand what they really want. Vague intentions makes for vague magick.

2 Likes

Stabbing into the heart of the doll is not directing the energy into the heart of the person that causes the person to get heart attack which leads to death?

Maybe, but that’s a symptom not how it works. Sympathetic magick acts by you convincing yourself that the poppet IS the person. This is a psychological trick you are using on yourself to help you direct energy at the actual person.

But obviously if you stab the poppet the person doesn’t get a random stake through the heart. So no, you are not stabbing them, and you are not causing any kind of physical effect.

What you are doing is causing an energetic effect - NOT a physical one. That energy effect can manifest into the physical. How it does that is dependent on more factors than just you: mostly at this point it depends of the target, their skill and strength with their own energy, how they handle it, and other factors like luck (meaning, favourable probability) and who else is around then, both physical and non-physical beings and energies.

It’s not WHAT you do, it’s the way that you do it. The emotions and subconscious desires informing your intention are the actual payload, and the prop is basically a targeting system.

3 Likes

So in other words: dont hold back?

No, nothing like that. Control the QUALITY. It’s no good smacking something with a sledgehammer if you miss.

Be aware of who you are, what you’re like, how you feel and what energy you are bringing to bear, how much and when, and then watch it to see what it does, see if it bounces, see if it’s blocked, see if it fades out or is somehow negated. Then adapt accordingly.

3 Likes

So the lesser energy I raise the lesser reflected back?

Yes that makes sense to me. You don’t get back more than you send, not by natural methods. Most people with any ability to sense and return to sender are more often peaceful and don’t retaliate either. But if you hit a practitioner all bets are off.

1 Like

Is it also a question if the raised energy is internal or external? I have read that the mage raise external energy in baneful magick to avoid being influenced by it or less influenced by it when it’s reflected.

I think it’s more about what the energy is like, it’s quality. is it very angry and have a very hot feeling, or is it icy cold, or does it remind you of a swam of biting spiders, or water flowing, or sunshine…?

The internal vs external thing is useful when you need to raise a lot and would drain yourself if you use all your own energy and don’t replace it. This is a big factor in magickal fatigue: you are not just tired from the work you can be drained as well. So you cultivate external energy while you do the working, bring it into yourself from the Cosmos, say, use your own system to make it into whatever shape energy you need to do the job, then send it out.

1 Like

Is the energy not “colored” when it goes through the blade that hits the doll? The steps of witchcraft I have read was raise, program and direct energy.

Has the invocation of external energy not been used to avoid the backfire because the mage is now not in touch with the energy used?