Fairies, goblins and Gnomes oh my!

So ive been reading about these entities and i was wondering what other dieties pop in and out of our world and could be worked with. Any help or ideas would be great. I mainly just hear about fairies. But i recently saw a youtuber talk about goblins. Any info is appreciated

1 Like

Those aren’t deities though there’s also Djinn that can

4 Likes

Yea i had no clue what to call these things. Im just gathering notes on them. After seeing that youtuber talk about goblins i have been looking for information on these creatures i guess.

@UnseelieDiabolus has a goblin guide I believe

2 Likes

elementals, imo

1 Like

Very interesting. And yea i think the term elementals from the greek meaning could cause some issues.

1 Like

I will have to find that then. Thank you for your help. I found a list with a bunch of fae creatures described on it.

I mean a spiritual guide that’s a goblin lol but here’s a link:

2 Likes

Yes, I have a Goblin familiar/guide. She has been a tremendous help with all of my work. Though I want to address the “elemental” thing. The Fae are not elemental. That’s a new thing that has come about. Some have elemental attributes but they are not inherently elemental beings.

2 Likes

I believe it was more that some elementals are fae not that all fae are elementals, like slyphs are considered embodiments of air which is what defines an elemental but slyphs are also under the umbrella term of fae.

2 Likes

very interesting. Have you any knowledge on working with fae such as Gnomes/Dwarfs/ or Ogres? Im mainly interested in Ogres and Gnomes.

1 Like

I have barely done any work with dwarves. Gnomes are tricky because they are mostly a modern idea as we know them, being similar to a brownie or dwarf, or any generalized fey that live in the ground.

Ogres, while also not exactly my specialty, tend to be a newer name for various giants or trolls. You can learn a fair bit about them in norse lore amongst the Jotun/Rokkr. Raven Kaldera wrote an entire book on the subject of devotion to them.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! I will check the book out. Thank you for taking your time to answer.

1 Like

Yeah often the jotun are likened to orgres personally I don’t like it as it strips them of them being the Gods they are. Here’s some links that may help.

1 Like

Thank you for the links! I was just reading ogres and some say they are a type of fae. Any thoughts on this?

Generally they werent considered fae but in their own category, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible for some orgres to be fae, just not all of them.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thank you for your time!

The Jargon I use is that een elemental is a created entity that is a result of concerntrated emotion into thought-form, which has somehow received a name.

The Gnomes, Synths etc, these arnt elementals, but are elemental spirits They are spirits which occur naturally from Nature’s conciousness rather than elementals which arrive as a result of the consiounsess of human beings, synthetically (whether unconsiously or coincsiously) (imo)

1 Like

@DarkestKnight uses @UnseelieDiabolus Changeling Rite I believe.

My advice practically is to go bare feet outside in nature, press your butt down on its roots and your back and head against the tree. Close your eyes and breathe and let the tree heal you, exchange energy with each other. Let your feet on the ground turn into roots burrowing into the earth and mingling with the tree. Thank the tree, hug the tree when done.

My Celtic Adventure has a note today on the Sidhe and their alternate names.
Will produce more in that journal as I progress.

Read as much of Tolkeins work and notes as you can, he is our best modern link.
Raymond Buckland, Danu Forest are a few authors to check out.
Very interested in this topic.