Fact or Fiction

I have a rather simple question. I was recently diving into some Indian culture. I noticed that they had a belief in a belt that could transform them into a werewolf. I was wondering how factual werewolves are. As well as if it is possible to become one. I understand it seems childish, but the ability could prove useful.

2 Likes

Multiple legitimate magickal traditions have methods To becoming a werewolf. I remain doubtful of it being a physical transformation.

2 Likes

A werewolf is a mythical creature well known in many legends and Hollywood. But are they real? I would doubt it, even with a magical belt. This sounds like a gaming concept.

As the legend goes, a man who is a werewolf, turns into a full-fledged wolf on the night of the full moon. This beast attacks who ever they encounter, who either die or turn into werewolves themselves.

Many cultures across Europe, have created myths and urban legends about transforming into a werewolf. Drinking from a certain cursed fountain or drinking water contained in the footprint of another werewolf will turn you into one, a demonic incantation, after rubbing a potion on your body. Others claim that werewolves are normal men, cursed by a God or His saints, to lead the rest of their life as these fearsome beasts.

In many legends werewolves are created by their own will of the man by signing a contract with the devil who ordains them for their evil and violent nature. Involuntary werewolves are those who happen to turn without wanting to do so, like the humans who have been bitten.

2 Likes

Try to work with Lykania the Lady of the Werewolves you will surely get good insights

Occording to some research, you can fully control your metamorphis. The same belief was also found in south America as well. It was spread across Europe and in certain parts of Asia. I thought it might be interesting

1 Like

I think you were right about Asmoday lawclerk

1 Like

Many believe the werewolf was first encountered with The Epic of Gilgamesh, the oldest known Western story, when Gilgamesh jilted a potential lover because she had turned her previous mate into a wolf. Maybe this is where Asmodeus comes in, the infamous demon of love and lust. The legend had survived thousands of years.

Youre right. Intriguing legends abound regarding Werewolves which made there first early appearance in Greek mythology with the Legend of Lycaon.

According to the legend, Lycaon, the son of Pelasgus, angered the god Zeus when he served him a meal made from the remains of a sacrificed boy. As punishment, the enraged Zeus turned Lycaon and his sons into wolves.

Many so-called werewolves from centuries ago were serial killers… In 1521, Frenchmen Pierre Burgot and Michel Verdun allegedly swore allegiance to the devil and claimed to have an ointment that turned them into wolves. After confessing to brutally murdering several children, they were both burned at the stake.

Whether Burgot, Verdun were deranged or cold-blooded killers or part wolf is up for debate. But it likely didn’t matter to superstitious Europeans during the 16th century. To them, such evil crimes could only be committed by a malevolent beast such as the werewolf.

The Baltic area “Dogs of God” seem to be a late survival of a totemic/lycanthropic cult originally from the Carpathian region reported by Herodotus circa 500 B.C. This is a direct analog to the West African “Koribra” (Leopard Society).

However, they probably were a cannibal cult.

1 Like