Eyes for days

Hmm…possible Musing or later

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never persistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

“There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.”

My father once told me that respect for the truth comes close to being the basis for all morality. “Something cannot emerge from nothing,” he said. This is profound thinking if you understand how unstable “the truth” can be.
from Conversations with Muad’Dib by the Princess Irulan

Muad’Dib could indeed see the Future, but you must understand the limits of this power. Think of sight. You have eyes, yet cannot see without light. If you are on the floor of a valley, you cannot see beyond your valley. Just so, Muad’Dib could not always choose to look across the mysterious terrain. He tells us that a single obscure decision of prophecy, perhaps the choice of one word over another, could change the entire aspect of the future. He tells us “The vision of time is broad, but when you pass through it, time becomes a narrow door.” And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
from Arrakis Awakening by the Princess Irulan

2 Likes

^ I love this one, almost as much as “If.”

5 Likes

You can thank Zagan for whacking me over the head with the book and Aighash for pointing things out for later. Odd but potent combo.

5 Likes

“Through symbols concepts,idea and ENERGY are connected,linked and intertwined. Through symbols,signs and words power can be sent, Energy molded and intwinted between operations. This you have experienced in various degrees. Now you will learn what this really means.” - Aighash

Morning gem of wisdom dropped on the skull along with a method to create talismans with and without them the eye of arezure. This concept also applies outside the path of smoke being one relating to the potential in all symbols.Need to sort out the order of things first.

4 Likes

As the totality reality are turned to ash through peering into drugaskan a few things happen. The view of ones reality is expanded as the boundaries are vaporized but as the limits are consumed this also means all of ones reference points are also consumed. This leave the practioner with a blank canvas with which to receive information through the visons which are painted upon the darkness or to paint their vison with which to mold reality.

This continuous loss of reference points also dislodges the anchors which hold the awareness primarily in the physical at which point it can then move or peer into spiritual realms through its spirtual bodies and senses.

4 Likes

Notes and musings on work with the 101 names of angra mainyu
Radihskava
(The forgiver)

Force renewal and rot
Corruption and purification
Ruination or creation.

A force that inflicts damnation and salvation depending on the perspective it is observed from. If one thinks the need “forgiveness” from an outside force they weigh themselves down with guilt or hatred and often stifle their own potential thinking they need the approval of something outside themselves to go for what they want in life. Where as if one takes the time to forgive not for the sake of others but for themselves they will propel themselves by their own power.

Whether they are forgiving their own flaws or the wrongs that have been done to them by others. You do not need to forgive them for the sake of others but for yourself or you chain yourself down. Release all shackles of the past and exist in this eternal flowing moment to create the reality you desire. Your future is your debt of actions in the now that is woven into the past each shifting moment to moment, all you can decide is if this debt will be to your benifit or your bane. :alien:

3 Likes

Thanks this is helpful for me. There is someone that wronged me. It was 2yrs ago and I still makes me angry and I’ve been trying to figure out what to do to help me move on. Not forgive her cause it’s the right or nice thing like Christian’s do.

Or I suppose I could curse her and turn her life upside down like Belial’s advises. But that won’t heal me, make me feel better or solve any problems.

2 Likes

If it allows you detach yourself from it so it no longer has power over you then it does help you.

Forgiveness allows purification through the fire of detachment you can release the power this guilt has over you then if you choose to forget or not.

The power of the “forgiver” is able to bind and unleash power.
As stated
It is a Force renewal and rot
Corruption and purification
Ruination or creation

If your purification, renewal and creation requires the corruption, rot and ruination of an obstacle in your path, be it physical, emotional or mental then that is part of the cycle of polarity. For that which is must be destroyed to make room for that which will be. :alien:

Also as an ending thought from J.S Garrett’s video you could always bind them with a love spell. Then they would be the one trying to make it right. What you do after is up to you. :thinking:

3 Likes

Okay I see. I will try and see if looking at the situation this way helps. It’s a very different way of thinking for me so it might be challenging. But I’m always looking for opportunities to grow and better myself.

1 Like

I hear ya new ways of thinking can make the subconscious flip its shit initially. I’m dealin with my own fair share if that :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

meaning, that if you go full hermit, to live in a hidden corner of Finnland, Iceland or Canada,
with some uhm… “unconventional” internet provider, you would be more effective in the work,
since there is little to no influence of other (lost and trivial) minds around.

Proof? -Just wait til everyone is asleep, and your mind will draw from sources that used to be blocked by common trash.

Now think of what might happen, if they are not just sleeping, but not there at all.

[…] Phil Hine wrote in Pseudonomicon, how he recommends, to go out in nature, and bring the old ones back into the city.

Yes, thats why you dont talk about occult stuff with common folk.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of merit to that. There is/was the Hermetic orders, for instance. In my own life, I keep coming to a place where I am alone. I feel like the universe is really trying to put me in that place so that I can progress toward the next level of my growth as a magician.

3 Likes

Some people feel they need to isolate themselves to various degrees to manifest their intent. The whole point of the operation i describe is to be able to manifest your intent regardless of where you are or the density of the populace. I’m in the same location when i experimented with these rituals, near the center of a city surrounded by people.

3 Likes

gods… that was actualy funny :laughing:

3 Likes

A flower growing in a desert,
a wolf trapped in the vegetable stall at the marked
a horny boy sitting in the church
A fire demon of level 16 chained to a waterfall
A vegan locked into a slaughterhouse

Often, its more than possible to just leave, and better in any case.

2 Likes

:thinking: your post makes me wanna poke at your brain. Dunno if you gave noticed but your posts have a theme of suffering and/or isolation and/or lack of resourses alot of times. Some of which you occasionally seem to attach to work the old one, or other spirits.

Which i find a bit ironic since the old ones are one of the main sources of my current prosperity.

2 Likes

I dont attach it to them, the contrary is true,
i find it to be a relieve that those can be approached even in my situation.

…aha, good for you

1 Like

I didn’t say you were consciously doing it. But i noticed that pattern. :thinking:

1 Like