Expelling water

Hi. I am wondering about the recipes for consecration and expelling water. It calls for river water. Crap. I live in the stupid greater Boston area and every freaking river is polluted as fuck. You can’t even eat the fish in some of them. E.A. is infinitely blessed to live where he does. His stuff is pure and untouched, but what about the rest of us?

Is the fact that it is river water trump the pollution? Is it better to just use Poland spring or some crap? Same thing goes for the harvesting of plants and things. Should I just use polluted water, or bottled?

Any old water will do. Remember, it’s you and not the materials that makes the spell work.

Thanks. I feel the same way, but some people take the stance that everything in nature has a spirit. Untouched nature is more alive.

I don’t think they are completely wrong. Both views are true in my opinion, but it comes down to how important is it? People with your views seem to do just fine. Whatever power is in nature seems secondary to the power inside an occultist.

Oh well. I guess everyone needs to just experiment and see what is good for them. I personally am lazy and don’t like to play around with herbs and stuff.

I do however wish to make some badass expelling water and consecration oil, and I like to do things by the book as much as possible before making my own rules.

Thanks for the reply. Does water have any less spirit because it’s in a bottle? I don’t know, but I think it would still be better than polluted water.

Could you find a way to gather some rain water?

I was thinking of that Lady Eva. I may just do that. Thanks! It can’t be the crappiest rain known to man, and I’m not drinking it so…

The pollution will just add its own energy signature into it, deep down it’s still just river water, all you need to do is some magical middle school chemistry and “evaporate” the pollutions energy signature out with fire (I mean astral fire here but I guess physical fire would work too if you’re into that)

Good to know. It sounds like a pain in the ass, but I might just get the stupid river water. I mean I have a major tendency for overthink and it holds me back because I get stuck on the details.

Isn’t the main point that it is naturally flowing water? So it could come from a stream or a creek and it would be the same as a river?

Some people in some traditions just really have a deep tradition with river and rain water, but is there a difference as long as the water is from a natural source that flows?

Another dorky question. I was wondering if this expelling water (E.A never gave a recipe for the powder) could be used to clear negative energy from a person who was cursed? Like just a general nasty cloud of bad luck stuck to them? I know someone like that and wondered.

One idea - you could collect some of the river water and distil it using a kettle and a cold surface (be careful not to get scalded doing this). That way you will get the efficacy of the river water without the pollutants. But I do agree a lot depends on your attitude toward the water you use (as you could equally purify it astrally). If you use the water thinking this stuff it full of crap, well - you get my drift.
As to using water to clear negative energy - there are quite a few rituals you can find that used water “blessed” with salt. I can’t say I have tried it. But moving water (streams and rivers) can be very useful as a general tonic. Flowing water can also be used as a barrier against certain elemental forces who will struggle with it. Have a go and see what works!

Thank you so much everybody! Ya know? It is awful cold outside these days in Massachusetts, and I just wonder if my bathtub faucet would count as running water haha! Man. Sometimes I think I am a closet Chaos Magician. I am a very clean person. My faucet has killer water pressure. If I held my athame under it, I could imagine it having the force to cleanse it, especially if the water was more than warm. Yay! I can even use my mild germophobia and OCD as a magical tool! Chaos is awesome. Sorry. I’m high like a motherfucker. It just got legal here haha!

I think someone already did tell me it didn’t matter. But one thing makes me wonder. The idea is to make the spirit of the water become a new being and multiply itself or something. there must be a spirit for tap water if that is the way we are thinking of this. What kind though? Is one stronger, more pure, better than the other? Is there a quality about this river spirit water that you could get some other way? Enlighten a bitch. Please? Hail Shiva! Hail Chaos! Yay!

You’ll like Sandra Ingerman, “Medicine for the Earth” - the book, the google results, she works with tap water and all this kind of thing. :slight_smile:

Good person, very “white light” but her methods are sound and she’s sincere, powerful (ALL that matters!), and worthwhile learning about.

[quote=“Wednesday, post:1, topic:8748”]Hi. I am wondering about the recipes for consecration and expelling water. It calls for river water. Crap. I live in the stupid greater Boston area and every freaking river is polluted as fuck. You can’t even eat the fish in some of them. E.A. is infinitely blessed to live where he does. His stuff is pure and untouched, but what about the rest of us?

Is the fact that it is river water trump the pollution? Is it better to just use Poland spring or some crap? Same thing goes for the harvesting of plants and things. Should I just use polluted water, or bottled?[/quote]

I know this post is a bit old but I wanted to chime in.

So years ago, I began to experiment with the four elements by becoming more in-synch with them. I did it via Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig. As I did spiritual purification rituals, I noticed some of the physical elements alter each time I came near them. Strange is it sounds, after a period of several years of daily ritual work, water tasted better, earth was more rich and air was purer.

If you’d like to experiment, you could do many spiritual purification rituals and then align yourself more towards water to purify your local area. I’m guessing it could take as long as it did for me. I’m not saying I performed miracles or anything but I did notice that tap water tasted like fresh water. Of course, this was before I knew about water purifiers and such and do remember water from the refrigerator always having that metallic taste and over time, it never tasted that way.

I don’t suggest purifying the entire Boston-area water system simply because I know people will think that since the water is fresh now, it wouldn’t matter if they continued to dump in it or not. Obviously no one cared in the first place.

However, you could do your own supply. It’s probably easier. Again, my medium to enact change wasn’t in purging pollution from water but from myself and then yoking with the element of water later- so basically white magick. I studied magick during the early 2000s so my definitions are a bit dated. Best of luck.

@Wednesday

This is unrelated in a way but look up the work of doctor emoto, intention literally Changes the water crystal and he has documentation of literally removing pollution (chaotic energy) and restoring order in the water molecule itself (shown as water crystal)

It is my understanding that river water is LIVING WATER and it is why it is a good source.

Hope that helps
-monique

1 Like

EA said that river water is the best water to use, all natural ingredients are best if you can get them. We can’t get decent river water here in Melbourne so I used filtered tap water from my reverse osmosis water filter which I then charged with reiki. I used lots of the other ingredients - a lot more than what was demonstrated and used some of it to clear my old studio today and it worked a treat.The energy shift was so palpable I broke out in a heat flush!! I would love to make another batch with river water and all organic materials, to compare the results. When I am next up in the mountains I will do my best to remember the location of the pure drinking spring water that comes straight out of the ground.