Exhausting all desire

I think out of everything, this is something I struggle with the most in magick.

I often do spells and stay in the ritual until all I feel is apathy about the person or situation because I’m spent. That’s what we’re supposed to aim for, right?

But in the following day/week/whatever, something will remind me of my spell, and the desire all comes rushing back. It seems the apathy never lasts longer then a day or two. I can temper this somewhat with meditation and working on mastering my internal dialogue, but it’s still my biggest weakness.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Any ways to combat this? It doesn’t seem like a subject that’s talked about very frequently.

Yes, every time you are reminded of the spell think of it as a cue, a way for the spirits to let you know that this is working, not a reminder to do another ritual.

Think of it as proof that your spell is working and trust in this.

1 Like

[quote=“Seeker, post:2, topic:1756”]Yes, every time you are reminded of the spell think of it as a cue, a way for the spirits to let you know that this is working, not a reminder to do another ritual.

Think of it as proof that your spell is working and trust in this.[/quote]

Exactly.

I built an egregore that can eat attachment and convert it into something more useful, thats what I use. Did some kind of crazy shit recently, needless to say I was a little excited about possible results as Don Juan would say I began to indulge like a son of a bitch, but after turning this guy on things have been alot better.

I struggled with this when someone had done me wrong but I had no means or space to do a full blown ritual.Now I have my own apt equipped with a ritual chamber and when Iwent to do the curse it was hard to build my rage back up as it had been over a month since the incident.Before Imoved though I did a lot of banishing rituals,and would build up tension and hate and vocally released my blackened energy towards my target.I haven’t heard from them since.

[quote=“Seeker, post:2, topic:1756”]Yes, every time you are reminded of the spell think of it as a cue, a way for the spirits to let you know that this is working, not a reminder to do another ritual.

Think of it as proof that your spell is working and trust in this.[/quote]

Oh dear, this sounds suspiciously like optimism. I’m not sure I’m cut out for that!

Seriously though, this is why I love coming to this forum, you all have the best ideas. I never would have thought of putting a positive spin on what’s been vexing me. And this gives me the option of acknowledging the desire and then letting it go in a productive manner. I’ve already started putting this into effect, thank you!

I love this idea too! I already have a name and a sigil for mine. Can I ask how long you spent on creating your servitor? Most of my information on this comes from Chaos Magician material, and they seem to create theirs in a single ritual, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to create a powerful thought form in such short time. How long did it take you?

It is possible to make a powerful one in a single ritual if you have access to your godform.

I find my Sorcery is only as strong as my desire.If I
don’t care, why should the universe?

[quote=“Magus shadow, post:8, topic:1756”]I find my Sorcery is only as strong as my desire.If I
don’t care, why should the universe?[/quote]

Just to clarify, you don’t find that thinking about the outcome after the ritual impedes it from coming to you in any way?

“Worry” implies you don’t think it worked, I make plans for what to do with what I got.

[quote=“blacklamb, post:1, topic:1756”]I think out of everything, this is something I struggle with the most in magick.

I often do spells and stay in the ritual until all I feel is apathy about the person or situation because I’m spent. That’s what we’re supposed to aim for, right?

But in the following day/week/whatever, something will remind me of my spell, and the desire all comes rushing back. It seems the apathy never lasts longer then a day or two. I can temper this somewhat with meditation and working on mastering my internal dialogue, but it’s still my biggest weakness.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Any ways to combat this? It doesn’t seem like a subject that’s talked about very frequently.[/quote]

Open or perform several sigils or spells, or evocations to different purposes, for example a spell to lust or sex on Sunday, a sigil to get extra cash on Monday and an evocation to get a new job with best payment. And keep your mind busy with your mundane activities.

1 Like