Exhausted and Anxious

Whenever I’ve done any magical workings I’ve always felt exhausted and really anxious and jittery afterwards… I usually sleep it off, but this feels kinda impractical… Anyone know what’s up with this post-working burnout or have any suggestions as to how to deal with it?

6 Likes

My body reacts the same way. After a working I’m drained and jittery. This usually doesn’t last very long and I’m quickly able to go about my day as usual. You might try doing something to ground you. Take a shower, grab a small bit to eat or drink etc.

5 Likes

Think of it like the after effects of a workout. This is part of why alot of systems of a daily practice regiment of some kind. So you can build the spiritual bodies to handle the increased drains from magick operations.

5 Likes

Orange juice always helped me

3 Likes

makes a lot of sense, thanks! :smiley:

ahhhh, way too many carbs :cry: i eat keto style, unfortunately

4 Likes

Yes, it happens to me when I am ungrounded,
Usually putting my feet on the ground or walking helps!
Working on lucid dreams also puts me exhausted,
Even when it is energy…to not feel tired during the day!!!
What also helps me is keeping up with healthy food,
But no boy it is hard with all those pizza around :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ohhhh man, pizza is my only weakness haha!

2 Likes

Lol, before a morning ritual, the previous day I ate a massive grassy pizza,
The morning of the said ritual, I was so heavy I screwd up my thing,
Said: nooooooo, will never do it again!!!
( was eating my pizza leftovers )
well, most people I know who works with demons,spirits etc are always feeling tired,
If the body is not prepared specially for evocation/ invocation, for some it can be a nightmare:
Tiredness, anxious, joint pain, electric jolts on the spine and other " joys"
The best to do is always do a blood hormone test, for iron deprived issues, vitamins, etc,
Also when the person has a stress that is too high, or taking any meds for illness, depression, feeling tired around rituals is a evidence

3 Likes

Tryptic, also to give a idea, the last time I did a ritual for Lucifer, it worked, but I felt like dying :joy:

2 Likes

Try this

:fist::eggplant:

Works pretty well!

3 Likes

Cleanse regularly!

Several times, after a ritual or just after a long while, I’ve felt weighed down. But blessing salt water and clearing my body and my area gives immediate relief. In my experience prayer also really helps, whether it’s to god or specific angels. Protect and bless yourself/your area!

4 Likes

haha omg
there are no :eggplant:s here, friendo

2 Likes

oh no! :open_mouth:

1 Like

You should ground yourself after any sort of ritual work

3 Likes

When I called on Baal my anxiety went away and managed to gain 6 pounds… I really needed those pounds. I still get a bit anxious but not nearly has bad…

3 Likes

I did some experiments with diet, tl;dr is to eat a mixture of sugar and fats a few hours beforehand, then coconut oil afterwards helped, the full thins is in the thread below:

I’ve stuck with that system and it continues to work for me, I’m in no way being a jerk when I say your psychic/magickal muscles will build with time, so each time the big work that tired you out will become easier, and you’ll be looking for bigger goals. :sunglasses:

Also, learn a well-respected energy healing technique (there are loads, and information all over the internet) because sometimes you will need to “refuel” with more than ordinary nutrition.

3 Likes

Make an alchemical tincture.
Spikenard is useful for energy boost
:v::candle:

1 Like

This post exhaustion is common, best thing to do is to meditate bring in light ( whichever color you believe would empower you) and surround and breathe it in until you dont have the shakes.

When you actually start tuning in to the energies and powers within and around yourself this exhaustion happens.

Ground and center yourself and your chakras is good practice. Eat some food and go back to your everyday routine

3 Likes

I figured out what I was doing “wrong”… Sometimes I conjure up this kind of surreal “terror” energy from my own depths, and while it’s potent, it burns me out every time no matter how thoroughly I banish, ground, and cleanse…

But I don’t get that “burn-out” at all when I’m working with external energies (any energy I pull into myself from the outside instead of conjuring up from inside my own essence or soul or body or where the heck ever it’s coming from)

1 Like