Evoking Legions, Anyone?

Did anyone ever try that? How was it?

1 Like

Hey Diazin!

I’ve putzing around with the methodology, haven’t tried it yet. My theory would run along the line of an evocation of a grand Demon ( someone high n the food chain) now here is where I’m not too sure on: either god form assumption or possession or absorbtion of the entity (Yatuk Dinoih methodology).
Enflamed with the entity’s essence (having the names of the leigon ) call them in the assumption that you are the entity that rules under them. There’s a few issues at least on my part because possession would need another operator and I do solo work, godform assumption doesn’t have the same ummph as the absorption of the entity (YD method) IMO (One is aurically the other is you take it all in ). Regretfully the YD methodology is overwhelming at times so operating after that step could leave you in a risky position or they won’t come. I’m sure there are other ways to do this though.

Best
Keez

Im still thinking about it also. All I know is that Ill have to be strongly anchored to this plane. Im thinking about bilocating to the plane of the Legions I want to summon up, with the guidance of the Head spirit who is a spirit I have good relation with, perhaps I assume his Godform. Once I feel theres a strong perception of their plane, Id open a portal in the physical plane for the Legions to come.

The whole thing seems to be a matter of raw Will and technique, theres nothing mystical about it. I think the proccess os the same of regular evocation, except that if things goes out of control, the operator is very probably doomed.

Hey Dazin!

Awesome idea with the bilocation definitely something worth pondering. Another reason that I’m just playing with theories is that if you biff the ritual being possessed by a legion (IMO seems like the more likely result)doesn’t seem like your going to come back from it lol. I’m pretty sure some method speaking with the Head Spirit’s authority is involved.
Or how about something along the lines of some Solomonic methodology? I.E. “I have control of your boss and he’s telling you to come” type of thing? My only bias is that this way has that forcefull feel to it, “do this or by the name of Good etc etc and I punish you”. In any case, what would you do with a legion?

Best
Keez

I don’t see the purpose of trying to call legions when you can hire a spirit to gather their legionsfor you. It’ll be easier to manage than trying to negotiate with a thousand different spirits.

Hey Euoi!

Definitely a possibility, sounds easier too. I think or at least from my perspective a couple of reasons why I made the prior posts would be: its a matter of micromanagement (telling something to carry out your will in comparison to having your hands in the dough so to speak). It’s also a question of how intimate you want to be involved with the Head Spirit and it’s underlings so to speak. Lastly for the challenge and as always the reasoning behind why you would need a leigon in the first place ( the reason of the goal may need different methodologies).

Best
Keez

When the primary demon is called his legions will be present. Once the pact is made with the spirit basically you now have its legions at your disposal. Oftentimes, when the spirit is initially called it is generally a high ranking member of the legion sent in place of the actual spirit. I learned this fact after dialogues with Seere after noticing that his character became more animated the longer I worked with him. He admitted that he sent a lieutenant initially and after a working relationship was established and the pact was agreed to he would come and speak to me personally.

Whenever I would address a demon “lord” I realized that the most polite way to ask for what I needed was to request that he send his legions to handle the task. It felt like acknowledging his legions was an acknowledgement of his rank.

1 Like

I want a spirit army for myself, and I have a couple of reasons I want that, none of that I feel comfortable in speaking in public of though.

Besides that, there’s the massive power involved in the operation, that is very interesting per se. If I can master this power flux, hell, Ill be a fucking God!

I also want to be able to open the gates to those Legions against my enemies. Think, I AP to my enemy’s place and open the very Mouth of Hell there, I get them unprepared, instantaneously. Would be just like if something went wrong in a evocation and they got possessed by the spirit, or worse.

And last, when I evoke a being, I can feel its conscioussness filling the room. I dont use a circle in my operations, so the contact is direct btw me and them. I consider those beings in both their objective aspect and their subjective, that would be the psychological aspects they awake in myself, so once the objective aspect is present, I work the subjective through energy manipulation. Obviously, I take all the necessary cautions before the operation, Im not suicidal.

Sultitan_Itan mentioned in his GV thread that the entities cloth themselves in their legions. Thats true, they use their legions as a anchor, and their lgions channel the Head Entity down. The lower levels of the legionary spectrum would be in a sense the more cthonic levels of the entity itself, while the higher ones would be closer their Archetype, their real “self”. If I can evoke the entity in its full spectrum, its conscioussness and the full range of its legions, fuck!

I wouldnt go Solomonic for its not my cup of tea, well, Im not even close to be a demonolater either. Me and spirits are just business, well, business and affinity. When Im in tune with a spirit, they usually become more than willing to aid me, no charges, no whatever. All for the sake of keeping this affinity, keeping the energy exchange fluid and natural. I stand before spirits as a God before another. I was a crippled God when I started, but still a God, and now through my Ascension Im being regenerated. And every spirit I met seemed to respect that position of mine so far.

There is no way to possibly manage an army of spirits, the sentiment is actually very naive. A CEO of a massive corporation has an army at his disposal. He deals with his board of directors and the command filters down the food chain to the lowest grunt in the business.

All you need to do is evoke and create a pact with one or two powerful beings and simply ask that they put their legions to your commands. Boom. It is that simple (well, your mileage and your spirit management skills are entirely on you). I know really effective magicians that one work with one or two spirits and can wipe the floor with people claiming to have legions of spirits.

Say you have set up a strong pact with Ba’al, you don’t need to command his many legions directly or care for those spirits directly. You merely tell Ba’al what you need and the spirit will take care of it for you. It is so incredibly simple that most people just don’t get it. They want complex methods rather than the truth: a couple of solid pacts is all you need.

Yes, there is, granchemin. You can manage an army through Omniscience, Omnipresence and Omnipotence. These 3 are not simply about learning how to evoke, divinate and AP, they are literal things. And how one achieve such state? By transmuting one’s ‘dead energy’ into living conscioussness. Its the state of super-conscioussness, which have degrees of freedom from space-time boundaries, but that also meet new boundaries from new and unkown laws (Jesus, Im a poet!). But anyway

Im not saying your method doesnt work, its just not what Im after; besides all, I dont do pacts. When I say I work through affinity with spirits, its literary that. We gel. When we and someone else gel, we care and preserve each other, well, according to our nature and our capability, so this is not necessarily a fluffy-bunny affection, it may slam hard at times, specially with fierier and darker spirits.

It may sound like bullshit, but works for me.

Human are simply not capable of attaining omniscience, omnipotence, or omnipresence. Even the most powerful of Gods don’t have that.

Why not?

I’ve been mulling this over, seems to me the thing to do is find a spirit you have a bond with who commands the type of legions you want, ask him (or her) how they acquired them, what powers you’d need to build, and how to get in on the game. Even better if you can work out a mutually beneficial alliance, or project of some kind.

We can talk metaphysics and what level of omniscience is/isn’t possible 'til the cows come home, and that has value in some situations, but if you’ve made your mind up you only need to know HOW - not why, or what other non-legion-commanding humans (no offence meant towards to Euoi there) think about it.

The “Show me the money” approach to magick.

Your only real advisors there are going to be the beings already doing it. IMO anyway.

1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:13, topic:4403”]I’ve been mulling this over, seems to me the thing to do is find a spirit you have a bond with who commands the type of legions you want, ask him (or her) how they acquired them, what powers you’d need to build, and how to get in on the game. Even better if you can work out a mutually beneficial alliance, or project of some kind.

We can talk metaphysics and what level of omniscience is/isn’t possible 'til the cows come home, and that has value in some situations, but if you’ve made your mind up you only need to know HOW - not why, or what other non-legion-commanding humans (no offence meant towards to Euoi there) think about it.

Your only real advisors there are going to be the beings already doing it. IMO anyway.[/quote]

Till the cows come home
 Summoning/ taking lead over legions of cows, i don’t know would that be very practical - but if someone was to evoke an animal, could they speak with it? if you can evoke planets why not animals - things like cows and sheeps are already easily guided so i guess practicing with them could be a funny starting point. I remember some guy telling me how he trains he’s psychic abilities by manipulating chickens etc.

You can speak to any animal’s Higher Self, but “'til the cows come home” is an English expression for anything that can go on indefinitely, usually without reaching a conclusion and ending only when something more important stops the debate e.g., the cows coming home from pasture needing to be milked.

So no actual cows are involved in this thread. :wink:

I know, but i involved them. This makes the the involver of the cow - in this thread at least.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:13, topic:4403”]I’ve been mulling this over, seems to me the thing to do is find a spirit you have a bond with who commands the type of legions you want, ask him (or her) how they acquired them, what powers you’d need to build, and how to get in on the game. Even better if you can work out a mutually beneficial alliance, or project of some kind.

Your only real advisors there are going to be the beings already doing it. IMO anyway.[/quote]

You just said it all, Lady Eva.

In dream combat, which is all about capturing and overwhelming your opponent’s attention, swarms are super effective.

I’ve never summoned legions, but I would expect the same principle applies, since a legion is a swarm of sorts. Too overwhelming. Better to summon the demon which commands the legions, and just use him as a middleman.

1 Like