Evoking Fairy Tales

Three days ago I watched youtube videos about real stories of fairy tales and I immediately have the idea to evoke fairy tales characters. I was debating if I have to make this thread or not but as always curiosity always have the better of me.

so,
Who has try/successfully evoked Fairy Tales character before? (I’ve done my search here and know one of the member evoked/cursed by Snow White). If so, how did you evoke them and how is your experience with them. What are they, why are they exist, is there truth on their tales, etc.

(tempted to make a group project about this, send me a pm if interested)

3 Likes

Fairy tales vary. Some are simply modern mythology while others retain small fragments of very old myths. Frau Holle is a perfect example of the latter. To many she is just a German fairy tale, but to Urglaawer she is our Mother Goddess.

When you are talking about characters like Snow White, you are talking about centuries old egregores that have been formed by the public imagination and can be just as powerful as any other spirit.

6 Likes

I actually evoked snow white.

Her presence was weak. The Telletubbies are stronger but then again there were four of them and only one of her.

I don’t even remember why I evoked her.
I think I was just bored.

2 Likes

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

could you tell me more

2 Likes

Not much to tell. I just called her up and then sent her away. I didn’t like her vibe.

For Evoking something like that you can make a Sigil for it if you like that method, or write something to repeat over and over again calling them to you while focusing on it. “Snow White, The Fairest, Friend of Dwarves and woodland critters, I bid you come to me!” Something like that.

2 Likes

Thank you
I’ll try that
:smiley:

2 Likes

Ha ha have Fun. Feel free to share the experience.

2 Likes

I’d rather speak with the evil queen…any luck with that, let me know! :wink::smiling_imp::apple:

3 Likes

She’s one of the character I want to evoke :smiley: I’ll let you know how that goes

2 Likes

She’s always been my favorite. Definitely not a princess girl lol. Villains are just so much more fun! Good luck! :metal:t2:

2 Likes

I actually was looking into this this morning was asked to find more info on a finnish vampire spirit that doesn’t seem to be anywhere on the internet

2 Likes

I’d go with the Grimm versions but I’m that kind of girl lol.
I’ve always though Snow White was a kind of Fae really.

3 Likes

A woodland nymph ?

2 Likes

Maybe, most stories of her give her unnatural power over animals or high attunement to forests.
Maybe she’s Shamanistic.

3 Likes

Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. She’s Fae so it could be a powerful evocation, depending on what force wears the mask :slight_smile:

5 Likes

have you deal with a fae before?

are fae friendly or nah

1 Like

Ha ha funny you mention her. I saw her in the mirror a few days ago.

2 Likes

Fae are mischievous critters

2 Likes

I have not dealt with the Fae but, like any spirit, they can be friendly or not. There are Dark Fae and Light Fae according to some, but the Fae Queens are very powerful beings, on par with any demon king from what I’ve been told, and not to be trifled with. I think Maleficent would be one of the Dark Fae, though I’m not sure what the difference is between Light and Dark because both, as @JezebelleMoon said, can be tricksters.

4 Likes

do you think i should evoke one or nah :thinking:

2 Likes