Evocation of salas'ash_preliminaries

Greetings BALG Forum,

As most of you know, I recently had a Personal Consult with EA, wrote my upfront review, and walked away pretty confident.

With that being said, every evening I’m conducting Magick Ritual for about 1/2 an hour and working on opening a sigil by:

1. Sitting in meditation - Anapanasati focusing on the breath, relaxing the body, then focusing on what is called the Anapana Spot (the area between the nostril and upper lip), until i can feel my body completely relaxe and my mind stream start to drift into meditative absorption.

2. Absorption - although to the best of my knowledge, and I mean with ALL my practical meditative experience (I’m no guru) and studies, a Buddhist never used this method to open a sigil.

So, what I’ve been doing at this phase is opening my eyes and staring at my hand painted sigil of Salas’ash (BoA). Blank ink on white parchment. And thinking about what I’m going to spend my money on when he delivers it to me.

1. Then I repeat the process, and start to say things out loud like" Salas’ash, our time is drawing near to when I will evoke you to full manifestation and task you. Our time together draws near"

*NOTE: Indeed, the time is getting closer to where I am going to do a full evocation of this Demon. So in the meantime, I’m doing what I’m calling my preliminaries or pre-ritual practices.

QUESTIONS & YOUR THOUGHTS:

Tonight I experienced my body rocking from front to back, hands flailing violently, head shaking back and forth and side to side. No, I was not in any pain, my eyes were wide open, sometimes not. Has anyone had similar experiences?

I’m NOT that familiar with evocation yet. But I AM familiar with what are called Kriyas from yoga and meditation practice. So to me, I’ve just been experiencing the Kriyas. Now I’m not saying I’m writing this experience off and saying to myself “off it’s just the Kriyas, or maybe it was that piece of pizza I had for dinner”…not any bullshit like that.

To be very frank with you all, and I’m not ashamed to say it, I’m not that experienced with the experience yet! Does that make sense everyone?

In addition, I maybe…well kinda…you know sorta…THINK I heard a voice that wasn’t mine last night say something like “what is your desire or wish or something”. But I heard it more in my mind and it’s hard for me to tell if it was my imagination or the demons voice?

Was I trying too hard last night? I don’t know. When I’m in my own meditation practice and feel that I’m 'trying" I have enough experience to pull back and start again at the breath. I did the same last night.

I wonder if this fiend knows that I’m working up to a full-blown evocation with him. If indeed I am calling him and he is here with me, i don’t want to piss him off by evoking him every night…any suggestions?

So? What you say?

As always friends…I appreciate your input. I’ll sign-off for now reporting from the nether regions of South West Florida.

M_439

The Nethers are not like what you might’ve read about some spirits. You don’t need to cozy up to them. If you’ve got the physical book in your presence, they are well aware of you and you’re fully entitled to work with them.

Salas’ash does stress command. You will hear that a lot from him. He’s one of the ones that will coach you a little on the kind of attitude you should take toward spirits and how you should designate tasks to them. And the watchwords are Entitlement and Command. Spell out what you want and be explicit about what they have permission to do.

You let the “stuff you were doing” distract you from what you were trying to accomplish. Typical ego mistake. (The ego neither performs nor understands magic. It’s job in any working is to step deftly and quietly out of the way and let the magic do itself. Let THAT be it’s “special responsibility” and it will cooperate so long as its sense of importance is untarnished. It’s just like placating an anxious child who “wants to help.”

Your task was -

1. Make contact.
  2. Issue a command.
  3. Release desire.

You got to number one by intuition, were prompted for number two, then let the ego wake up and take back over because this wasn’t the way it “planned” things. If Salas’ash required a full evocation, I’m sure he would’ve informed you. If the task was small and easy, it might not have been necessary. You have to remember that evocation is a means to an end - you don’t want to split your goals. There was kind of a double point to him asking what you wanted.

2 Likes
I'm NOT that familiar with evocation yet. But I AM familiar with what are called Kriyas from yoga and meditation practice. So to me, I've just been experiencing the Kriyas. Now I'm not saying I'm writing this experience off and saying to myself "off it's just the Kriyas, or maybe it was that piece of pizza I had for dinner"....not any bullshit like that.

Only the experience is real. ‘Kriya’ is just a word, and ‘it was the pizza’ only a theory.

In addition, I maybe...well kinda...you know sorta...THINK I heard a voice that wasn't mine last night say something like "what is your desire or wish or something". But I heard it more in my mind and it's hard for me to tell if it was my imagination or the demons voice?

And will you be telling us where imagination ends and the world begins, what separates the internal from the external, and which criteria you use to determine the truth of this this in each case that can be followed through to their logical conclusion and still allow one to maintain that distinction?

Get over yourself and the frankly idiotic conceptions of the world we have all been taught to follow that replace reality with a mere construct of abstract thought.

first, you’re over thinking things.

it’s a fine line you walk which eventually becomes blurred, between what you know is you, and what you think is something else. when you start to trust your intuition, you’ll find that there’s more going on around you than you’d reasonably like to admit.

in order to maintain a degree of sanity, it’s important to be able to decide when to listen, and when to ignore it. eventually it comes readily enough that there’s absolutely no doubt that it’s not internally generated discourse. after a while though, you learn to tune out the “maybes” and “kindas” and only pay attention to that little voice that really yells and screams at you from inside. by then, it’s so tangible, you’re bound to know whether you’re just making it up or not. then, just run with it.

-tj

“Get over yourself and the frankly idiotic conceptions of the world we have all been taught to follow that replace reality with a mere construct of abstract thought.”

• Poete Maudit

Well, isn’t this why we’re on the BALG Forum in the first place? For me, not to just “get over” myself Poete, but to completely “get under” myself and in ALL the spaces in between.

M

I think it’s good that your initially questioning yourself, it shows you have a good frame of mind as some people will just believe in anything. After a while you will know by instinct what is real and what isn’t.

1 Like