Eva Journal 🧞‍♀

This is making me reconsider certain things.

I work from 10 AM to 8 PM most days at a store that sells cell phones. Most days are slow so I spend a lot of time using streaming services on my laptop. I’m actually thinking of reconsidering the amount of time I put towards that, which could (at least on slow days) be used towards meditation.

This also falls in line with some other decisions I’ve been considering, namely switching to the Keto diet, and taking my showers at night before I go to bed instead of in the morning after waking up, as well as a few other decisions.

Thank you @Lady_Eva for bringing up this stuff.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Lady_Eva!

@Anziel_Merkaba, some witches do cybermagick; placing a sigil on the computer screen may help help infuse it w/ the energy of any planet displayed, and there are lots of subliminal videos online that may aid in meditation.

4 Likes

I think what she is trying to say is the times we just waste time on the pc.

6 Likes

True, but pcs may often be used for work, magick, job search, research, etc., not just entertainment.

One of the dangers of the internet (phone, tablet, PC all alike) is it masquerades as effective action, and by so doing, facilitates “waiting life out” - something perfectionists, especially, are prone to.

Just one more bit of knowledge and research, for some future date when…

Just one more life hack for sorting out that big problem area, or exciting new project…

Just one more shock horror bit of news, ratcheting up the tension about whatever in this world interests you, ahead of the soon-to-come denouement… etc.

But Life, as one of my favourite thinkers David Neagle says, is NOW.

Timers help, and any time I find myself engaged in some online activity with no clear goal, I try to check if I’m waiting something out - and whether that something is within my direct personal control (magickal or otherwise), or, something for which I could be offline, and getting stuck into. :trophy:

21 Likes

There is INFINITE value in writing timelines of events in your life…

I recently wrote out a timeline about a personal interest, just a little hobby thing I’m into, and the insights this gave me about a seemingly-unrelated, and previously unexamined, set of beliefs & archetypes was priceless.

So I immediately took a leap of faith and have an action plan for this one area, just some personal stuff about my self-concept, which crosses over into magick, and more. :thinking:

Suggestions, based on what’s helped me:

• timeline of your magick, dating to first supernatural/psychic/unexplained phenomena, if you started after early childhood. Might be best in a computer document, because you’ll keep remembering things and needing to backtrack and update the early parts :smiley:

• and if you started IN childhood, a timeline is also useful, and maybe do another one asking, at any stage, what were your archetypes? how did early concepts of self, desire (for others, sexual and otherwise) and desire for your own adulthood influence your practice and goals today? is there any incongruence that may be holding you back?

• timeline of a hobby or interest, outside magick, to see what else that may say about you. This one paid off bigly for me! :sparkling_heart:

• timeline of how you handled real problems, what tools in your toolkit are you overly reliant upon, what methods worked, and (as valuable to know) which tools failed for you in the past. This may yield some surprising insights…

Random pretty picture? Maybe, Whoever planned this for us to enjoy understood time, growth, change, evolution, and balance. Maybe nothing is ever truly random?

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” :pray:

15 Likes

I hope it’s ok if I share a picture here, but this reminds me so much of a picture I made a few years ago, in a place like that:

5 Likes

Holy shit. I’m going to be keeping my eyes open for this. Lady Eva you are the most beautiful talented mage I’ve ever seen

4 Likes

“You are not alone”

Personal journal observation, upon integration of a past-life selfhood:

Past-life energies and influences, karma, dharma, expectation and desire, all things are cultural; they are NOT personal.

Any mistake you made in life, now or long turned to dust, examine the ways in which your society set you on track to make that mistake, and I am not talking about personal acts of petty weakness, I am talking about the larger deeds which may have scarred your life now, the bloodlines upon which your soul, a bird, alights across the centuries, your evolving self as it transitions through lives.

You have been born into an asylum, for generations, possibly even millenia, since the waters subsided.

Acting sane in the asylum was never an option; the extent to which you complied with its madness was often merely your attempt to better yourself using misremembered rules, in a rigged game. But you may have paid a high and lasting price, for raving with the best of your peers in any given form of madness.

Even the mythical ideal of “individuality” only exists relative to the people around you. Raised by another tribe in another era, your ethics, just like your wardrobe, would be adjusted to that setting, and you would not miss what you had never known.

Yet the choices made in that framework, as fleeting as fashions in clothing, can and often do affect us across time. Personal responsibility? This week’s fashion - contextual, and learned.

The magickal thinking of early childhood is the definition of rejecting this idea, of understanding self-as-axis, around which everything dances and upon which all things act, for nothing is broader than the shoulders of a thoughtful child, who bears every burden he encounters, and yet sees how easily family tides can sweep him away; we mature from this to some kind of balance, or in the case of our current iteration of madness, over-emphasis.

You are not alone: words everyone wants to hear in a crisis, and words no-one wants to hear when they believe they have finally excelled. Funny, that.

We have a lot of work to do, if the future is going to be any better than the past.

Be only tactically sane.

Suggested viewing: Adrift, 2018

11 Likes

The 21st Century:

I’m going to throw lit matches around lol :crazy_face:

No, don’t do that, lit matches will set anything flammable on fire.

What are you talking about asshole, long words lol NOT relatable #moron

If you throw matches you make fire.

Don’t patronise me you cunt.

Yeah okay but can I just take the box of –

DO NOT STAMP MY FREEDOMS! These r my matches #makefire #prettyflame I’ll do what I like.

Shortly afterwards:

(quiet weeping from all involved)

I did tell you not to …

Fuck you fires happen all the time, fire’s REALLY POWERFUL you asshole, this couldn’t have been stopped anyway, lots of things burn down, shit just happens. Get OVER yourself! Jeez.

Wha …

19 Likes
5 Likes

“You find yourself drifting towards the new tab button, just to hit F, enter, and realize that you already checked Facebook like 45 seconds ago…” - Yeah, I do that and then this forum appears. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You know I don’t care to have a phone, in fact I think if you are involved in REAL life, and truly happy, why the hell would you continue checking your phone constantly? I only check it to see if I missed any calls or texts, and well sometimes the occasional playing around. I do not feel “attached” to my phone as some people are. I think its more of a mental condition when their mind cant shut up and race 100 miles an hour or more

3 Likes

Sun Tzu’s “The Art Of War” explained in terms of online piracy - if you only read one article this week, make it this one:

8 Likes

With a situation I am in at work right now; this is something I really needed to read.

1 Like

Randomness:

Best 2020 Oscars meme:

Truth:

:clown_face:

15 Likes

I like that. Great idea :+1:. Definitely doing that with my added personal touch

2 Likes

From the blast in yr earholes right on opening, 4/4 I knew this wasn’t just another track that played nice and walked away.

My fucking bro @Enlightener did NOT disappoint.

Laying down his thrash, this is a compact, precise, tight track – it has NOTHING you don’t need, and everything you do.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1wiFqTlyX9GqZYNS5oomGHDX_tUv7LD/view

Nice work. :+1:

What are YOU creating in lockdown? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Ah shoot, its a fine track. :zap:

Translating Liber ABA to Turkish if it counts :grin:

5 Likes

Ooh, smartypants! :stuck_out_tongue:

Share insights? :wink:

4 Likes