Essential books for working with archangels?

So I’ve been working with Saint Cyprian for almost two years now and have used his power and guidance to learn more about working with the dead, strengthening demonic manifestations, and planetary workings. I’ve always made no bones about being more drawn to the “darker” and more misunderstood spirits. But during my spiritual journey, I’ve found myself drawn moreso to the middle ground between the false dualities of dark and light. Very recently I’ve been studying grimoires to learn new methods of working the art and much to my surprise, I’ve become utterly fascinated with angels. Admittedly I’ve never really given them much thought, aside from some protection work with Archangel Michael and some healing/guiding work with Archangel Raphael. Their energy is so refreshing to me and I would love to do some planetary work with angels. How does one get started in working with Archangels and where can I find more info on them? Most of the work I’ve done with Michael and Raphael has been in a hoodoo/folk magickal context and it was hard finding more similar resources on other high ranking angels. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand. Provides proprietary sigils for working with the seven major archangels, and also covers traditional invocation and evocation. Highly recommend.

Brand’s other book, 72 Angels of Magick, provides an 11 day ritual for working with the angels of the Shemhamforash.

If you like a more ceremonial, Golden Dawn style approach, Damion Echols has a book called Angels and Archangels. I haven’t worked with it though, so I can’t speak to its efficacy.

I also recommend Archangel Pathwortkings by Jareth Tempest. Pathworking is a type of meditation that uses imagined archetypal imagery to make contact with spiritual entities and realms. I’ve had great success with this method.

Edit: And I can’t forget The Sacred Magic of the Angels by David Goddard.

7 Likes

I think black magic evocation of the shem ha mephorash would be an excellent read for you, because this work transcends false duality and you can work with both sides of the manifestation. The hypothesis is that there is an angelic and demonic side to each energy that can be accessed through different means and needs of the practitioner.

It is not an archangel book but nonetheless a good book for working with angelic forces.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that title. Who is the author? I might like to read that.

1 Like

The author is Gilles de Laval and its available on aeonsophia press. It is quite complex and not like an easy GoM workbook, which frightens some people I have talked to but the results I had were quite astonishing.

8 Likes

Awesome. Thanks!

1 Like

I think Archangels of Magick is just what I’ve been looking for. Thank you! I’m planning on doing some folk magicky stuff with the angels and would love a reference like this.

@Alakir Thank you for your recommendation as well!

1 Like

That book is amazing

1 Like