Erebus

Thoughts and experiences?

3 Likes

Minor Greek God, married to Nyx.

2 Likes

Minor in what ways?

2 Likes

In that heā€™s not really well known. And doesnā€™t feature too much in the mythology.

I only know about him because of the House of Night novels by P.C. Cast. Where the vampires worship Nyx and her consort Erebus.

2 Likes

Erebos (Greek: į¼œĻĪµĪ²ĪæĻ‚, ā€œdeep darkness, shadowā€),[2] was often conceived as a primordial deity, representing the personification of darkness; for instance, Hesiodā€™s Theogony identifies him as one of the first five beings in existence, born of Chaos.[3]
Chaos was the first of the primordial deities, followed by Gaia (Earth), Tartarus (the nether abyss), and Eros (Love).[4] From Chaos came Erebus (Darkness) and Nyx (Night).[5]

4 Likes

Interesting considering someone mentioned it to me and Iā€™m undergoing a sort of transformation.

4 Likes

Erebus Iā€™ve only connected with a few times he has a calm yet intense energy hes a good choice for anyone not accustom to darker energies or if you are close with Nyx, I connected with Erebus through Nyx as she was the first dark divinity I worked with when I started questioning my spiritual beliefs back in my early teen and Iā€™ve come to think of her my spiritual mother and I highly recommend working with her as shes very nurturing

3 Likes

Very interesting. Primordials must be very powerful, right?