Energy shields

A lot of magicians believe that banishing and protections is the first step for magic works. I was thinking that I could make a different type of shield that instead of blocking the energy from an attack, I absorb it. I’m doing a visualization of a sphere of this thick liquid surrounding. Things that interact with it get sucked in and dissolved. Also could someone make a shield of thorns?

3 Likes

Yes I believe I made a thread on this a few months ago actually, especially the one with the vampiric trait.

1 Like

Yes, that kind of thing works. This is good creative thinking and going beyond just shielding, you’re getting into the groove if I may say so! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dissolved? I always read that energy can’t be destroyed.

1 Like

Dissolved as in absorbed

1 Like

@John_Doe and why would you want to absorb negative energy?

I also feel that I have to absorb negative energy, instead of shielding myself. To deal with it in a different fashion. BTW, it’s really exhausting.
I have some ideas about it, but I wouldn’t like to rationalize my feelings.

@Lola it can be transmuted and used for other purposes

1 Like

Yes. In a sense like the shields on Star Trek that surround a ship. They serve as sort of a cushion absorbing energy from phasers and torpedoes. It blocks certain types of radiation and no one can do teleportation.

It is obvious that the creators of that show got their ideas from the occult.

Is it possible to make a shield that reacts to different types of energy for example… If energy is greater than or equal to my own reflect. If energy is less than or equal to my own then absorb. Is this possible forming an adaptive shield

That sounds like an extremely complex visual but if you can manage it I say try it.

1 Like

Best absorber is Obsidian, this is akashic stone. Ancient Mother’s stone. This is stone of connection.

1 Like

Introduction to Magic by UR Group quotes another work (maybe fiction, but I don’t remember the title) that seems right about proposing that.
So theoretically, with also a “letting go” attitude, it would be possible to do that internal alchemy of transforming a bad energy.

Crystals are good for protection actually, he is right about obsidian, best used for protection and blocking negative Magick.