Egyptian Dieties and Goetia

Has it never occured to you to simply respect the gods as they are without trying to force them to share a name with a spirit that is different than they are? Not everyone has to have another name. Also, some of these aren’t even Egyptian. Look at offices–at least!-- if you’re trying to play matchy-matchy with these gods. And really, let’s just take a look at some of these.

Absolutely not. Have you evoked them? Do you know their energy? Clearly not. Furcalor drowns people as a hobby and Lucifuge is a practical problem-solver and helper.

WHAT?? Bes as in Beset? Pazuzu has twin snake dicks and plays with the weather. Beset protects women and infants.

Is Wikipedia your source for everything? Or is the gaming world?

4 Likes

:point_up_2:This!!

3 Likes

For myself I understand some are Gods of old past such as Baal, Lilith, Moloch ect. But my personal experience (a person who had worked with the Egyptian gods at one point in the past) they are not the same. Do they could they work together? Well I see why not. Some carry similar vibe such as Osiris, Seth, Sekhmet ect. But to call them a demon in my experience would be a huge knee where the sun don’t shine.

Gods especially the Egyptian Gods are very much ones that you have to respect and show it. Does it mean that there is no demon out there that is Egyptian in Origin that some may get confused on? Nope I’m sure there is! But everyone’s experiences is going to be different sooooo I’m not going to bash. However just because they may have similar names, similar things in common or even “energy” does not mean they are the same. To no offense to anyone out there that is like this, you can’t group ALL the Goddesses and ALL the Gods together and say “They are all the same being! Just different masks of THE Goddess!” :face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused::expressionless: Be like someone taking all of the people that has my name (which is a lot not going to lie, every place I go to has at LEAST one of me lol) and group us together and say “You are different masks of BLAH! You are the same person!” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Sitri is not Set :flushed:

Nope Decarabia is not Abraxas. The secret behind Abraxas is one of the most protected and cherished. Anyway that list is a lot of BS

Some of the equations just don’t work. However, some do. Astaroth is definitely Astarte. Bael is definitely Baal. Baal is equated with Set and is a better fit than Sitri, who only bares a small phonetic relationship. Osé is a better fit, nature-wise. Here are the common equations.

Marax = Maat
Sitri = Set
Amon = Amon-Ra
Ipos = Anubis (Apis fits Ipos better)
Orias = Osiris

I’d offer the following;
Naberius = Anubis
Osé = Set
Buné = Wadjet
Haures = Horus (Hor Deshur)
Decarabia = Isis
Purson = Ptah
Sabnock = Sekhmet
Marbas = Maahes

You’ll have plenty of naysayers, but if you’re looking for godforms, hopefully this helps. The second edition of The Book of Solomon’s Magick is due to hit press any day, and I think it’ll match your angle.

1 Like

Welcome @Michael_Johnson It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like