Dream about Papa Legba

So last night Papa Legba visited me in a dream. I’m confused on what it all means and what steps I’m supposed to take now. I don’t really know much about him, but I am currently reading about him here on the forum. I’m hoping maybe someone can give me some direction here… Here’s how my dream went…

He was sitting at the foot of my bed and he asked me to bring him some random items to begin an initiation ritual. The items were one of my most valuable earrings and two rubber bands that had been used to keep around my tarot cards. This was probably the most confusing part because I don’t use rubber bands for my cards lol…

After I collected the items for him he placed them on my bed and took off his hat, which he placed on top of the items. He pressed his hands down on his hat and a glow could be seen underneath. He then said, “I have always wanted to work with you.” But the way he said it along with the look on his face was kind of unsettling???

After that he told me I had to bring him flowers within the next week. I woke up and felt weird, like my heart was beating fast and I could feel some sort of energy lingering in my room. Even when I fell back asleep and woke up this morning I felt the same. The feeling lasted for about an hour until it started going away.

To be honest I never even knew who Papa Legba was until I watched American Horror Story lmao. But now I’m learning about him and wondering why he suddenly came to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Before a person can reach the rest of the Loa they have to go through Papa Legba. He’s a God of the crossroads, it’s quite possible he is calling for you to join him.

3 Likes

Thank you, I am very unfamiliar with all of this because I’ve always stuck to my Goetic demons and spells. I will continue researching :smiley:

1 Like

Lol I’ve been to the Loas realm in the etheric, led there by Papa Legba he’s an amazing God to interact with.

3 Likes

I don’t know a lot about Santeria but I always find other people’s dreams fascinating and giving my two cents from a background in dream magick/shamanism/chaos magick

I have had many entities show up in my dreams just like this. Most of the entities I work with I’ve never evoked they came to me first. I find there’s always clues and information within dreams like this that let you know clearly who they are and they want to work with you. So definitely agree with Rungr he is calling to you. It is up to you to accept this call and how deep you want to go.

I have not befriended every single entity to cross my doorstep just the ones I really click with. But I make it a point to be respectful to all of them.

I find the emotions of spirits to be complex they can be sinister and benign rolled into one. Personally I think spirits want to work with us because our energy is either compatible to theirs or it would be in line with their own agenda. This doesn’t mean their agenda is bad but it could be a kind of “Yes finally” type of excitement. “I finally get to throw down my ace.”

Spirits often show up at the foot of the bed or coax us out of our bodies through our feet. Just something I noticed

Maybe you should keep rubber bands around your cards from now on? So they don’t get lost. I keep all my original boxes but if your deck is lose there’s always deck boxes and bags. Or a rubber band.

Or it could be symbolic of being flexible within your divination or magick in general. Stretchy like a rubber band?

To me this seems clear he was giving you his energy and specifically holding it within those items.

I think you are on the right track and should start working with him. Give him an offering to say thank you for showing up.

Wear those earrings whenever you do a ritual with him or make them your first offering.

The only time I’ve ever seen him he was in his old man form and was asking me to give a message to a friend of mine who is from Haiti so I can only assume she had him and I could see a lot of him in her. But my own ancestor interrupted the message and wouldn’t let me spend any more time with him. I apologized to him for the rudness of my ancestor and he said it was ok He was extremely polite

When I did share my dream I was told that it did indeed reflect a lot of the culture in details I had no previous knowledge of

Good luck to you on your journey! Hope you find the answers that you seek

1 Like

Thank you so much for all of your insight, I really appreciate it!

I read that you must have an initiation ritual with him in order to work with Loa, I never knew that before my dream. Realizing now that he did it with me right then and there in my dream without me asking is mind blowing for me.

I’ve been asking for contact (not specifically from Papa Legba) and help with initiation for a while now, as I’m still working on my ability to connect with spirits. I am so thankful that Legba came through for me, so I will definitely be leaving an offering and giving my thanks. I’m looking forward to this new relationship with him.

Thanks again!! :smile:

1 Like

As I said I don’t know a lot about Santeria but I do know Papa Legba is the gatekeeper and to get to the other Loa you have to see him first. So it’s still possible you could have someone else for your crown but I’m sure Legba will be able to show you what you need to know

Glad I could be of some help

1 Like

Papa legba came to my dream too
My Guardian daemon Said that he came to me because of my practices and concentration in mantras. But my Guardian daemon Said to not accept his agreetment in the moment, because my body/mind have only 41 percent to resist. In the Future i would like to accept his agreetment

1 Like

Hi I would like to find out something I’ll appreciate if someone can kindly help me …me and my boyfriend have recently and few months now started praying to Papa Legba and giving him offering etc…I’ve been talking to papa legba and asking him if he can come in contact with me…idk if it was me or if its because I’ve been thinking about papa Legba alot…Last nigh before I fell asleep as I was laying I felt a weird tingling feel around my face into my mouth ( btw I’m a someone that suffers with sleep paralysis since I was a child but its not that what happened)…idk it sounds funny but I happened and then I dreamt papa Legba standing infront me wearing a cream brown colored suit and matching hat …he had his face down and the top of his hand was showing…then he put his hands out for me to take and I remember in my dream I know it was Papa Legba…But then I just woke up . Could someone please help me thank u

You asked and :

He answered…

2 Likes

Welcome @Felicia_Singh It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3