Draconian Magic

Does anyone here know any books on Draconian Magic that isn’t demonic or fluff bunny?

I tried looking online but no luck.

Pretty sure asenoth… idk if I’m spelling that right. Literally has a book called draconian magick

1 Like

Isn’t it all demonic based though?

1 Like

In truth I never read it, 51EpioA8zOL

1 Like

Draconian Magick is from Asenath Mason. Real deal. With a lot of rituals

2 Likes

Yes and Lucifer, Leviathan

2 Likes

Look up Michael Kelly’s book “Apophis”, which draws heavily from Setian/Egyptian teachings. Asenath’s books are good, they explore demon lore but the content is not entirely demonic (the Draconian Ritual Book actually has a lot of Hindu philosophical inspirations, and the Grimore of Tiamat is only demonic in the sense that Tiamat’s children are each assigned a Qlipha on the Tree of Death).

3 Likes

So, you are looking for Draconian Magic that isn’t demonic. Could you be more specific about what are you looking for?
Draconian Magic is rooted in European occult traditions.

1 Like

Yeah I guess that was a little vague. :sweat_smile:

What I meant was a draconian magic system that didn’t borrow from JCI current like demons, hell fire, qliphoth etc.

I know there are some goups that are more Wiccan based, but really can’t point you out.

Draconian magic is relatively new term that comes from Kenneth Grant. You can find more information in his Typhonian Trilogies and get deeper understanding of this subject.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about a system of magick that is solely to do with dragons (European or otherwise), and not with demons etc, then what you’re looking for would be draconic.

Draconian magick is draconic too, but the word “draconian” means “harsh, severe” and has nothing to do with dragons per se (hence why you may want to consider calling purely dragon-themed magick “draconic” instead)

That being said, no, I haven’t heard of such a system or current, although you may want to check out druidic stuff, as iirc they considered themselves to be children of dragons (but, disclaimer, I know zero about druids, so don’t quote me on anything related to them lol)

2 Likes

The Grimore of Tiamat definately fits the category of draconian and draconic. My issue with Asanath Mason is most of her work falls into an aberhamic paradigm which is kinda necessary for working with thr qliphoth. That grimore happens to be an excellent exception. It’s affordable and well written, I’d recommend it to anyone who practices magick.

1 Like