Does this sound/look like Dantalion to you guys? (+a drawing)

[My method to my work with spirits (especially Goetics) is to call one I’m familiar with, show them what I’m after and say, “If you’re not the one for this task, can you direct me to one who would be better to ask?” But I like to take some time to make sure I’m not talking to an impostor or sludge before I move forward.]

His name kept coming to mind last week. I don’t know much about him other than his spooky “many faces” description in the Ars Goetia, and I only looked up what his sigil looks like the other day.

Last Wednesday around 2AM or so, he appeared rather vividly in my mind. Energy was very dark - inky black with swirly mixes of blue/purple/indigo, and somehow “glittery” like a galaxy. His “voice” would shift and change from male to female to straight-up distorted, but the presence I felt was still mostly the same.

He was calm, but really intimidating. I wanted to ask him an avalanche of questions, but he just shushed me and said, “I’m a high ranking demonic being, and I know what I’m doing.” in a proud, almost snarky tone and a small smirk.

I only got to ask for some feedback on what he knows about me. Immediately, he takes over the whole conversation and I try to record as much as I can via automatic writing.

Through this whole encounter, I felt a flood of his “glittery” energy go through me.
First, he scolded me a little on my bad diet and a ritual bath oil I made/was using, but also helped me remember where the healthier, fresh produce and stuff in my fridge was so it wouldn’t get forgotten and go to waste.

Once that was out of the way and I explicitly agreed to stop eating so much junk and using the bath oil. He was like, “Alright, now show me what you tend to do when performing magic.”

He’s already testing me, it seems.

I start with my meditation music and trying to gather energy and such as usual. I sense him smiling, as if he already knows everything coming up and says, “I’m going to give you vivid dreams tonight. Do you think you’ll remember?”
“I’ll do my best” I tell him.

I have a vivid dream of an online friend teasing “:musical_note:~I know someone who likes you~:musical_note:”, but never actually told me, then acted like he never said anything for the rest of the conversation. I asked him about it the next morning and he laughed and said, “I don’t know, but that’s hilarious actually.”

I’ve been feeling a mix of exhaustion and over-charged for the past few days, and he seems to blip in and out of my psyche a few times a day without doing or saying much. Just seems like he’s observing or studying me.

I’ve also written up a contract/agreement as a means to be more formal and then summon him to make sure this isn’t an impostor and to make sure my wishes don’t go off the rails somehow.

I drew this picture of him as he showed to me as close as I could, except some of the faces were more like those Japanese Noh masks (I had trouble drawing those so I just used a basic face instead, added the sigil just because)

5 Likes

The appearance and voice is similar. I heard it as female.

Interesting. When it shifted into male voices, they were generally more effeminate/younger and rarely deep-voiced and manly man sounding.

2 Likes

Oh my fucking heart, your drawing perfectly describes him, that’s amazing. I felt in love, really.

I feel the same dark, purple/bluish and “like glitter” energies you described, also he feels pretty cosmic and smoky, as if you look at the stars during really dark night. I’d say he’s more psychedelic and you can ever feel that sense of relaxation after connecting to his presence. He’s like shifting shadow and dark mirror or water that reflects your mind.

Voice feels right too. Some people hear whispering, male-female voices alternately or strangely muted. I usually hear deep male voice or with a really dark tone, almost unnaturaly deep and kinda creepy. Also he sometimes tends to speak in foreign language or whispers people don’t understand.

He’s generally a shape-shifter and a mysterious guy so might show pretty different according to other people. His nature is seriously complex and deep (well, he’s a man with many faces) but his reactions you described and especially that sense of haughtiness and “proffesional calm” (like - yo, you cannot hide anything from me, thing) and kinda weird sense of humor are the most common that I know and also experienced.

Really nice experience, thanks for sharing ~

7 Likes

That was the image I saw too when I was trying to evoke him, quite vivid but the purple was spot on.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like it, I worked pretty hard on it.

Yeah he definitely felt dark and psychedelic. It’s so cool to see these beings be so consistent with other people’s experiences! I like to avoid reading into their forms too much beforehand to see if they match up later.

Complex/complicated/deep also feels right - definitely a fellow who knows far more than he says.

3 Likes

He has mysterious energy. Pretty calm presence too. Experienced it first hand. Its not relaxing, and its not exhausting either. Its in between. The moment you will just realize he took energy from you is after the evocation. I felt really drained and needed some rest. Woudn’t really complain because the experience was really fine, because he has a calm energy.

3 Likes

I was shushed and waved off one of the first times I evoked him, but only because I was interrupting his tea time. He said he wasn’t trying to be rude, but could I please give him a minute to finish his tea. His energy is always so silky smooth and amazing. I always see a sea of purple energy when he’s around.

4 Likes

Oh man, I’ve never got a being in the middle of tea time or anything like that before!

3 Likes

Totally same. For me, he’s generally like the cosmic sea. Feels really beautiful, old, infinite, calm and deep but also its depths are pretty dark and mysterious at the same time - as if down there were the worlds of the most weird and dark subconscious forms formed by people’s minds or something.
Oh man, drowning in these brings me the deepest peace ever. I’m glad someone’s senses perceive him in such a similar way.

Aahaha. Same again. Don’t worry, the first time when I called him his energy hit me like the wall and I felt that I interrupted his work in some way …idk what that time …playing in golf?

1 Like

He actually drove past me twice today lol checking up on me lol

2 Likes

So help me if he was really the demon in my dreams as a kid, saying my soul belongs to him. Only one with a cocky smile. Cant seem to figure out who it was but I originally thought it was him. Though I doubt he appears as a hooded shadow creature in our realm…

He can be really cocky. I have a deep personal relationship with him. He is quite the character once you get to know him. But he will take care of you and won’t let you down. From my experience he is stand- offish at first and very hesitant.

1 Like

He and Zollos came to my wife at the same time when she was ten and started working with her slowly

So is it far fetched to say that he would come as a shadowy hooded figure? I used to get watched over by something like that. And it would act fatherly and do things like stroke my hair (which would then make me fall into a really deep sleep) I had bad nightmare disorder and would get insomnia really badly. And would cry a lot.

I also had knowledge before I was taught. Death was no surprise to me. I knew about all different cultures (but especially egypt) and other knowledge like about plants and animals. And I could never be hypnotized. And I knew how to meditate and cook and clean properly.

Then as a teenager I had a dream of a pale 6 foot tall man with white slicked-back hair, black sharp nails, and deep blue eyes. He had a black suit with a white dress shirt and a deep purple neck tie. And a smirk on his face. The image has been burned into my brain my whole life. And I knew he was the shadow man.

The first dream I had I felt a strong presence and got scared and ran but got tripped and my right ankle felt shackled but nothing was there. And then he walked to me, hands behind his back, and said that. When I suddenly said no without actually acting consciously he got into my face and said it was. He had a calm but stern and intimidating voice. I kept saying no until the dream broke.

I had a few more. But then no more. Later I had a call from my boyfriend telling me he had his soul in his leg clawed by a black earth-like creature. The previous night I told my bf that my soul and heart belonged to him. So I think whatever it was got mad and took it out on him.

So i studied demons and Dantalion was the only one that matched. But when I tried to find out I got nothing. So I have no idea. And the shadow is still there.

1 Like

Kinda feels like him I would say ,at least from my experience. He appeared very similar to me and I often see him in a suit (usually in white but black either) or as tall, slim humanoid shadow. Behavior feels right too, kinda classy man with mastermind confidence.

2 Likes

Yup. That’s exactly the feeling I got from the dream guy. So I’m assuming then that he doesnt want to talk to me because I kept denying him in my dreams… I didnt really have any control over my own actions though and was, at the time, scared.