Does anyone know the original Sigil or Seal of Archangel Michael?

Asking on behalf of my mother. She’s interested for whatever reason. In Evoking Eternity I’ve seen it and elsewhere such as google images I see others…hmm

Thanks in advance

1 Like

The seal for Michael in Evoking Eternity is his Watchtower seal. It is for his aspect as Guardian of the Watchtower of the East (South in the Golden Dawn system; Aleister Crowley switched the directions for Fire and Air).

This is his traditional ceremonial seal, sometimes referred to as the “signature:”

Sealof MicaheltheArchangel

6 Likes

You’re always of great help thanks :slightly_smiling_face: so this is the seal which could be drawn, gazed on, etc, similar to other seals right?

2 Likes

Yes. It is the traditional seal used to call upon him in ceremonial magick.

1 Like

Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand

2 Likes

what about this one?

1 Like

@DarkestKnight The sigil above my post for Michael are other sigils that came from the Rose Coss righ? but then I also see these everwhere. Like the one you pointed out…along wth the others. A little confusing. I wonder which ones people really use out there with the Psalms to call them

I am also interested in calling out archangel Michael and Rafael but found many signs and symbol which is confusing

1 Like

All of them will work. The focus of your intent is him, which way you call him is up to you. If you’re still unsure which one to use, just go with the method laid out in Archangels of Magick. It’s solid. You can also use this one

3 Likes

Can you upload AA Rafael’s sigil

1 Like

Intersting indeed. It’s almost creepy not knowing who is who. kinda

NEVER seen this one. So there seem to be about three out there.

1 Like

3 Likes

There’s probably more lol. Like I said tho, if you’re unsure, just go with Archangels of Magick. And yeah, AA of Magick provides you with yet another seal lol.

1 Like

I actually felt a pull from the one you posted, though, for some reasno lol. So this is the sigil that one would nomaly gaze on and charge it as the other sigils, right? have you tried this one before? If so, i’ll print it out. Pleae let me know.

The one from AA are in Hebrew and claim they’re the original but I’m not so sure.

1 Like

Yes, just treat it the same as any other seal or sigil. If you feel a pull to it, go with it!

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks

1 Like

The one in the list you posted is his traditional “signature” used in ceremonial magick.

1 Like