Documenting my beginnings & Advice for Dantalion offering?

Not sure if I’m posting this to the right topic, please move if needed! :blush:

Wanted to start a thread documenting my delve into Demonolatry and right now more specifically, Duke Dantalion. (This may need to be moved to journals… but I figured I’m still a newbie so I wasn’t sure lol)

After wanting to start researching the Goetia for a while, I finally started recently.
After watching a few videos, I was pointed in the direction of an online demon dictionary of sorts which had information on each of the 72.

I had read through a couple and thought I’d come back to the site at a later date because I still didn’t really understand what I was reading but I kind of zoned out for a bit whilst staring at a name.
I felt compelled to click on it and it was Duke Dantalion. The page honestly didn’t have that much info on it but something was telling me to just keep the tab open for now.
I went off to get some cleaning done and was listening to the Infernal Alchemy podcast when one of the hosts mentioned they worked with Dantalion.
I stopped for moment because the name rang a bell for me and I stood there like ‘…wait a minute.’ before going back to check my laptop. Surely enough, the very same Dantalion I had felt compelled to learn about just before.

Now that may have simply just been a very cool coincidence, but that night when I went to sleep I had some very interesting things happen.
I need to preface this by saying that I have some symptoms of narcolepsy, the main one being that I enter REM sleep much quicker than the average person. I can nap for an hour and have a full dream.
While this is normal for me, vivid dreams that I can remember aren’t as common.

That night I had several vivid dreams, the most interesting ones being that there was someone hiding in my house just watching me. From memory, I’ve never had dreams like that before.
More interesting yet, every single time I woke up that night I had Dantalions name chanting in my head.
The following nights also had very interesting dreams, all of which had a message to them, some being a gifted a job, preparing to meet someone, stuff like that.

I ended up having the strangest dream ‘event’ I’ve ever had though.
I had a lot of trouble falling asleep that night, and I rolled over and it was almost like I was immediately dreaming. (I know I have symptoms of narcolepsy but this has never happened before.)
In my dream I was in the same position but in a different bed and room. Each member of my family were in bed in the other three corners of the room.
Then there was this super loud voice, it sounded like a male voice over a loudspeaker.
It was like he was speaking English… but I still couldn’t understand him.
It was very jarring and I suddenly woke up. I was asleep for all of 5 minutes.
I woke up with Dantalion in my head immediately again.
I do know that the Duke likes to make contact/mess with dreams, so I’m wondering these are because of him.
I’ve also been experiencing the ‘obsessive research’ that apparently is very common with Dantalion. All I want to do is read about him.

I also meditated last night and focused on my third eye. With my eyes closed I could see the outline of an eye… it was moving around, kind of like it was moving to get a closer look at parts of me. I’m not sure if I just saw this because I wanted to, or if it was actually related to all of this.

I plan to evoke the Duke tonight or tomorrow night.
I’ve bought some lovely purple/violet flowers that caught my eye and immediately made me think of him and I plan on getting some fancy home-made chocolate for him as a welcoming gift too.
I know he can be pretty cold when first meeting but I want him to feel welcomed and wanted here, so he knows I am serious about (hopefully) working with him closely in the future.

I’d like some advice though, I do plan to ask him if he is able to help me work on my relationship with food and self love (I figured since he is all about the psyche and relationships, that he would be a great spirit to ask this of).
I was wondering if I keep the flowers and chocolate simply as a ‘welcoming gift’ or if I use them as my part of the offering in this pact? (I think I would offer a couple others things on top of this though)
Should my first evocation just be a formal introduction of myself or should I include asking him to make a pact?

I really don’t want to screw this up as I am very keen on working with him for a long time. I feel extremely drawn to him and we seem to be quite similar.

Thank you if you take the time to read all this, and an extra thank you if you take the time to answer me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

First, I’d like to discourage you from making a pact with a spirit you don’t know well. I love Dantalion, he’s absolutely amazing, he’s great, incredible, awesome, everything under the sun. But make sure you have a bond and relationship and that you vibe with him across time before jumping into a pact with him.

Second, the fun stuff!! Yes, it’s common to go down an obsession rabbit hole! Don’t worry too much about it just read and have a good ride. He’s very connected with dreams. It makes a lot of sense for him to visit you through them. I’m definitely interested in how he appeared to you if you remember and are willing to share? Dantalion is pretty friendly to new people from my experience and what I’ve read.

If you wanna PM about him after you have some more info, let me know. As long as you’re serious and want to talk about magick, I’d love to. And if you’re interested, hit my avatar and you can see my Dantalion pact journal. I I will say, I’ve been working with him a long time and we have a very solid connection. Most pacts don’t start out with tours in and deep through the minds of others, but I’m not trying to discourage you at all. Dantalion is 100% amazing.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m on my phone and it maxes out.

I’m not trying to discourage you from meeting him and making a pact in the future after you know him, for clarification. Definitely meet him!! It’s well worth it! Your first meeting can be an intro, or an intro and a request. Again, I advise against a pact so early on in meeting a spirit.

Aside from that… I’m not sure he’s the right choice for your diet, but if you think it’s related to a mental block maybe he is. Any offerings, especially flowers, should be good! Some people do a glass of water, I offered tea in the beginning, incense, and food are common as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I’ve been obsessively reading your posts about him :blush:

Regarding the pact… I was laying in bed a few hours later and realized that pact was probably the wrong word to use. Request is definitely a better way to put it! All of these terms are very new to me so I do keep getting them wrong sometimes.

I am keen to go slow with this, I actually decided against evoking him this weekend just to give myself a little more time to learn how to properly & safely evoke.

I probably should have been a little more clear with the whole food relationship thing, definitely not a diet, in fact kind of the opposite. More so mental help with overcoming deep-rooted issues I have in regards to food. Have been working on the physical side myself for a while, so I thought I might ask to see if he would be willing to help with the psychological side. If he says no, then so be it, I wont push the matter :slightly_smiling_face:

I may PM you in the near future! You seem to be a valuable resource for info on him and like I said in my post, I really am keen to build a strong connection with him.
But for now, a little more research is required.
The flowers will just have to be a little reminder of what I’m working towards as I think they’ll die before I evoke him lol

Thank you!

1 Like

Forgot to reply to this bit.
I never really got a look at anyone in those dreams, they were either hiding, being talked about, or talking to me while I was in state where I couldn’t see them.

Unless he came to me looking exactly Lee Pace, telling me he was going to be in a 50 shades remake… I think that was just my subconscious being thirsty as hell for Lee though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello fellow Aussie :wave:

Dantalion is a good spirit for first encounters; s/he is friendly and wise. I got a bit of the cold shoulder first time I spoke with him, but after that Dantalion thawed considerably and I have had some great conversations with him/her. The first time I spoke to him I simply said I wished to make contact and call on him in future. The next few times I spoke he was very welcoming. He shows up often as a short-haired woman in a judge’s robe for me. I offer gifts of tea sweetened with honey, dandelions, sometimes spiced rum.

3 Likes

Hello! How are you fairing with the gas prices right now? :sweat_smile:

Its so great to hear Dantalion is good for people new to this, it does lesson my nerves considerably.
Your experience with them seems to be the same as a lot of other experiences I’ve read, which is good to know so I won’t be caught off guard if/when I get the same reaction.

After reading yours and Meow’s comments, I’ve decided my first contact will be more of an introduction and stuff.
It feels a little rude to me to immediately ask something of him right after meeting. (That probably sounds really stupid in the grand scheme of things lol)

Actually I do have a question for you since you’re also in the same country, where do you find your dandelions? I went on a hunt around my local area but couldn’t find any. Might be because it’s very suburban. I’m planning on getting some dandelion tea for him though!
Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Been working from home for nearly 3 weeks straight so I don’t bankrupt myself :joy: can’t remember the last time I saw a servo asking for <$2 for a litre of petrol. Miss me with that shit.

That’s pretty much what I did. Don’t be afraid; I was quite nervous going into it and I think that’s why he was a bit frosty with me at first. I just told him I’d like to call on him again in future, and left out gifts for him. He was very amenable after that. But that’s just my experience, he could welcome you with open arms from the get-go.

Literally in my backyard. I’m in an apartment right now so no lawn, but dandelions are riotous in the suburbs. My lawn was half dandelion, quarter clover, and quarter those fucked grass species that grow to jungle-height in summer (QLD summer anyway). You should even be able to buy dandelion seeds online if you’re inclined; the whole plant is edible (though I wouldn’t trust anything from a random lawn or patch of grass because lord knows how much weed killer’s been sprayed on it).

Edit: Also, you need to go picking dandelions before midday. They bloom in the morning and close in the afternoon, and after about a week they go to seed. Get up early and roam around a park and you should see plenty.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Same! I’m really lucky in that I work from home (and also have no friends LMAO) so I don’t need to use my car much but the prices are insane.

I’ll try to be the least nervous I can be… it’s okay if he’s a little cold at first, I would be too if some random person invited me into their house lol

Lucky!! I also have not single patch of grass on my entire apartment complex so I might try the seeds out down the line.

This might be why the ones I saw (I think they were dandelions anyway) weren’t bloomed since I went out in the afternoon. Will give it another try in the morning sometime.
Ty!

1 Like

No worries! When I used to think of dandelions, I would just think of the seedheads and not their flower form at all. But if you can manage to get up before midday (the true struggle) you should find them eeeeeverywhere.

Even if you find some seedheads, you might be able to plant the seeds indoors or on a balcony/near a window and grow a few yourself.

I guarantee though, if you start looking for them, you’ll find em absolutely everywhere.

2 Likes

I’ll go hunting tomorrow for them! :grin:

2 Likes

I use the word diet to mean anything about eating, sorry for the confusion.

I think he’s be great for that! He knows the minds of all people, and while it may be uncomfortable to face realities, he’s great and I’m sure can help you a lot.

2 Likes

Thought I’d just give a little update on my journey.

I had to tone down the time I was spending researching and reading as this week is my uni midterms and also I’m currently having a lot of stressful medical tests.
I didn’t want to but I had to unfortunately!
I felt a little guilty about it tbh, but my degree is important too.

I don’t know if this is related but I think I read that Dantalion is one for synchronicities… the past few days I’ve been pretty much bombarded with 111 or 1111.
I even just made a major breakthrough on my uni project because there was a video tutorial on the topic which was 11:11 minutes exactly.
After all the videos I watched and still was unable to grasp the concept, I had pretty much given up but this video came out of nowhere and suddenly I was able to understand it and implement it into my project successfully!

Now, I am a little cautious about repeating numbers because in the past I’ve gotten excited about it and then started to actually look for them instead of just letting them find me.
I’m actively trying to avoid that.
But it was quite lovely to have this happen especially since it was something that was stressing me out a lot.

In my original post I forgot to talk about a very profound dream I had a few weeks ago (right before I started researching Goetia).

In this dream I was in my parents house (a house I still consider a home to me), all of the lights were off and it was very dark. When I tried to turn the lights on, they were either broken or extremely slow to light up.
I remember feeling very anxious about what was hiding in the dark corners of the house.
When I got to the centre of the house, there was a huge spider dangling from its web.
I called out to my brother to warn him about it and he said ‘Don’t worry, there’s someone coming to help soon.’
After that the spider swung at me and I tripped over the vacuum I was now holding and woke up.

The way I interpret this is that the house is a metaphor for my inner self.
At the moment, it’s dark and I have trouble shining light on the parts of me that scare me, because I need address a lot of issues with shadow work.
At my core, there is something that scares me a lot (the spider was representing that), but someone is coming into my life to help me with that.
(I also thought the vacuum was very interesting and quite on the nose - I’m literally cleaning out the cobwebs of my soul :joy: )

I have no idea if this dream was referencing Dantalion or even the Goetia at all, it could be a person coming into my life to give me the strength to address these things.
I did think it was very interesting, clear and one of the most profound dreams I’ve ever had!

I’m just about to be on holidays from my uni, so I’m looking forward to more freetime to spend researching! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Unless you have a pre-arranged agreement/meeting time with a spirit, you shouldn’t feel guilty. Life is life and it’s important to lead.

Your dream analysis was really cool to read! I find it’s bit rare to have some concrete ideas about dream analysis.

Happy researching!

2 Likes

Yeah I know I shouldn’t feel guilty but I still did in a weird way?

Thank you! Usually my dreams aren’t that clear in their messages but as soon as I woke up from that one I knew what it was likely about.

1 Like