Do you do black magick or white magick or both? Why?

k

Iā€™m not certain about the white/black duality in magick. Generally, I practice without malice. I donā€™t like messing with people for no good reason. Itā€™s just not part of who I am. So, maybe Iā€™m a fluffy white magic practitionerā€¦except that some people donā€™t want to live in peace. In that case, Iā€™ll do workings that arenā€™t intended to harm them, but rather to make them go away, slow down (or stop) their maleficent energy - whatever it takes to get them to stop playing the bully. Iā€™ll gladly do a ā€œhotfootā€ spell or something to make someone stay away from my door if theyā€™re a raging jerk. So maybe Iā€™m neither a black nor white practitioner, but simply a human being who wants to be practice magick - and life - in peace and solitude.

2 Likes

I do both. Maybe a little more black magic than white.

People create labels for things they donā€™t fully understand as well. If you want to put different types of magick into categories you have to start with intent. All magick is done for selfish reasons. So there is no ā€œwhiteā€ magick. Would that mean all magick is black magick? You could say that but thereā€™s better ways to describe it with labels.

1 Like

everybody does both all the time, they just donā€™t realize it. Every time you put energy behind an intention, particularly with strong emotions, you are practicing magic.

If your intention is to heal your mom or get that thing you really want, people call it white magick. If your intention is malicious, say, it is fed by jealousy, anger, resentment, hate, etcā€¦, it is considered black magic.Really, the only difference is intent and the type of emotion fuelling it.

BTW, most Christians donā€™t realise it, but every time they pray to God / Jesus / the Virgin Mary / St Bartholomew and so forth in order to enact a result, they are practicing magick. If your pray to God to strike down your enemy, you are a black magician, though probably not a very effective one. The only real difference is perhaps the type of deity that is being applied to, when it comes to traditional practitioners of Withcraft and LHP paths as opposed to mainstream religious / RHP practitioners.

3 Likes

Best explanation :+1:

1 Like

I like to think of healing as white and baneful/harming as black but then why not just say that?? Lol

Black Magick For I dont follow the path of the Divine, Black Magick Because i follow my own lead. Magick Blessed By Ancient Darkenss and Light for and by my own Will.

Although I will also say ā€œblack magick or baneful magickā€ CAN be healing too. Such as vengeance, punishing or doing bad things to bad people can really bring a sense of peace to the victims.

1 Like

So well said :clap:

1 Like

I do black magic because itā€™s like home for meā€¦but, that doesnā€™t mean that black magick itā€™s used to do harm to someoneā€¦itā€™s about the practice. As someone said, black itā€™s bad and white itā€™s good ( because some people targeted like that ) .
Its about how you feel ā€¦ itā€™s like playing a sport, as an exampleā€¦or singing or playing an instrument. Itā€™s the sound from withinā€¦you are born with thisā€¦

1 Like

White magick = healing.
Black magick = curses.
Letā€™s not follow Googleā€™s definition. But literally these are not associated with good or evil. You can heal oneself or curse yourself, etc. Itā€™s pretty obvious that it stems down from intent.

My question only pertains to people thst practice these, no other.

I wouldnt be so caught up on assuming the OP is referring to evil vs holy.

So why not say baneful magick and healing magick?

1 Like

There really is no difference.

In a way it is because ā€œblackā€ magick can heal and harm, just as ā€œwhiteā€ magick can, however baneful is intently set to harm and healing is intently set to heal. I suppose theyre more specific than 'black magick and white magick" which both if we go by those would both just be self deluded versions of ā€œgreyā€

2 Likes

Sure, that works.

Huh? ā€˜Magiciansā€™? Just because they discuss something you need to put them in quotation marks like they arenā€™t real magicians?

Discussing what these labels even mean is important because:

This.

1 Like

I do magick that i read up on, researched and understanding of the basics foundation. the magick process steps matter and reasons for them. thatā€™s for safety reasons.

I donā€™t go doing magick cuz others tell me to do such spells. I need to understand the basics foundation principles of the magick system. The labels donā€™t matter. Understanding principles of the system and goals is what matter. Thereā€™s different ways to cast so understanding the process steps is more important than casting blindly the spells people tell you. The foundation/principles to the spells needs to be understood first. I wonā€™t be casting spells I know nothing about. Many people do that and thatsā€™ why they come crying /begging for help.

labels are just a way to communicate. it helps when people use same meaning of a word. Unfortunately people have differing definitions so there is miscommunication. discussion would fix the misunderstanding but people too lazy to talk to each other. Hence ,why there is so many relationship break up issues. they arenā€™t speaking the same words.

Even with black magick /white magick people have differing meaning. Someone may talk black magick but their black magick isnā€™t same as your black magick. communication is very important but many lack that skill or want to learn it. Let alone attempt communication. we get too many lazy folks just cuz it require effort and work that may feel uncomfortable. uncomfortable means you learning something new. itā€™s not to be feared.

1 Like

Both, because on some occasions White Magic may be necessary and, on others, Black Magic. Aiming, also, at being a Gray or Red magician intended as one who tries to be in a position of balance (i. e. the ā€œmiddle pathā€) and completeness.