Do I need to remake my sigil?

I recently started using sigils and working with Belial, who got my attention while trying to work with Azazel. Last night I put some fluids on the sigil, but it smeared the ink. Do I need to remake the sigil, or should I let it be?

5 Likes

you’re good to go. Unless you can no longer connect with the spirit or find the smudge distracting and making you lose focus there’s no need to replace.

6 Likes

I definitely don’t feel distracted by it. I know how it was made so it makes me feel good to see it.

5 Likes

All ritual tools and sigils are just External representations you hold within yourself. So if you have not done enough ritual and firmly made your sigil a part of yourself, then Yes you do need to redo the sigil. I’m not going to lie to you… it is only when you can do a ritual powerfully enough that your symbol/connection becomes so firmly ingrained, that it does not matter whether a sigil is smudged… or much less even needing a sigil in the first place to do future rituals. If a person is well practiced then they can most definetely say “No you do not need to redo it.” But if you are new and starting out, there is a Science behind why ritual works and I told you the gist of it.

Does this answer your question Jen?

1 Like

It does! Thank you. The smudge happened during the ritual and things felt a lot stronger afterwards. I’ve just never had that happen before. I spend a lot of time making the sigils that I use and I’m typically very careful with them. This happened during a time when I was pretty zoned out…best way I know to describe it. I don’t feel anything negative when I look at it or hold it, so I figured I would ask.

1 Like

This latter direction seems to be supported by a Giuliano Kremmerz (the hermetist/occultist Ciro Formisano)'s passage. He wrote “Don’t bother with parchment, draw sigils and the like even on wastepaper. The power is in the sign”, accidentally implying the significance of its integrity. Still, if most of the sign itself is correct, theoretically…

1 Like