Djinn or Demon?

Djinn in pre-Islamic lore were mostly viewed as nature spirits or deities on occasion. They have ancient Mesopotamian origins and entities such as the Apkallu and Lamassu are said to be in the flying class of genii.

Demons and djinn do have commonalities and they do overlap a bit in a sense that the Shedim and Se’irim are classed as both demons and djinn. However, if you do more in-depth research they align more with nature and even the Persians take note that they are very similar to the faery.

I also want people to take note that anything that is characterized as malevolent in most cultures are considered to be demons (I am in no way saying that demons are evil or harmful, but that is just what they are collectively considered to be in multiple cultures).

Djinn are addressed in two different ways and that is because they are not characterized as being purely harmful. In fact, that is the reason why the Shaitan (in pre-Islam the Ghul) are a thing, they are a distinction between the other tribes of djinn to express to people that not all of them are out to get them (in fact, some djinn were considered to be protectors of the people such as the Lamassu).

9 Likes

Thank you, that was very helpful. I’m well aware that the gods of the old always become the demons of the new. :slight_smile:

Any idea whether Islamic culture recognizes demons, as well? If they do, that would tell me they’re definitely not the same.

I’m tending to see the djinn as, more as you said, nature spirits. Someone mentioned their solar aspect, which might explain their connection to fire.

It’s interesting that there is a tendency for most people to lump all djinn, demons, or spirits into one lump, labeling them either “all good” or “all bad.” I’ve found that not to be the case, since dealing with demons has often been very beneficial to me. Still there are some who I would never invite in. The trick is to know the difference.

2 Likes

In Islam, a human can be a demon as well.Its kind of metaphorical.Jinn means ‘hidden from sight’ in Arabic, which means everything not related to Allah/Angels/Humans and animals etc.

3 Likes

No problem! I highly suggest looking into Nar as-samum, it might clear up the fire and solar associations as well as explain how the djinn started to gradually become more associated with demons.

If I remember correctly, in Islam djinn were initially said to be created by maarijin-min-naar (smokeless fire) but in later traditions they were said to be created by Nar as-samum (scorching fire) so I guess in a way you see how things sort of evolve with time.

(Sorry for all the edits, was trying to find a way to word things better as well as being half asleep when writing it lol).

6 Likes

This is a topic that I can certainly help with.

First off, I am a muslim. I do not cast spells or partake in rituals of a magical nature, but I do absorb knowledge of such practices , as the knowledge of such things is useful in defense or unmaking .

The proper spelling of this creature is Jinn, rather than Djinn. A Djinn is a middle eastern folklore character who grants wishes when a “lamp,” is rubbed and the spirit within is summoned.

They are not nature spirits. They were created from the “smokeless flame,” and not the “samum,” or scorching flame that some people here have alluded to. They exist in a reality or instance of reality that is parallel to our own. If your eyes were so attuned, you would probably be able to see many of them surrounding you, even now. They have their own culture, societies, cities,and caravans. Most are quite evil, while some are not.

They can see you, but you can not see them.They would be deemed “supernatural,” by most humans, as they have abilities that we do not have. They can travel at speeds unfathomable to us… some of the strongest of them being able to travel to different continents in less than a second. They are much physically stronger. They are not , in general, smarter than humanity, but they are indeed more often… more cunning. This cunning is due to their advantage of being perceived as greater due to our inability to see them. Humans are ever willing to attribute glory and divinity to anything that exceeds themselves in any way. This is why certain animals were worshiped at certain times and in certain cultures.

They are not angels, fallen or otherwise, as Angels are made of light , not fire.

Jinn have the ability to shift into different forms, and the strongest of them can take human forms and features with perhaps an indistinguishable likeness. They are indeed shapeshifters. There IS a limit on the duration or the complexity of the shift based on the strength of the individual Jinn, as they do not have a free and wanton pass to remain shifted in the physical realm indefinitely. However, their shapeshifting seems to be very expansive, as they may even appear as what our minds would perceive to be angels.

They may possess a human who is sufficiently weakened. Weakened as in, a human who has profaned him or herself with horrid acts, or done great evils. Or simply someone who has lowered their natural barriers to the esoteric, through training and energy shifting. This is what often happens to the uninitiated who open their third eye prematurely… they begin seeing the Jinn who are all around them. When the Jinn notice that they are seen, they begin taking horrible and terrible shapes to disorient and fear the individual until they become what many would consider “insane.” Casting a spell of any kind, with energy intention, will always lower barriers enough to be possible of possession or communication with Jinn, if they wish to be contacted.

They have other attributes but I can not list them all here.

Is there a difference between demons and Jinn? No. Jinn are the “Gods,” that you all call to and worship. When you use their enn, their name, oft, they will come to you in hopes of deceiving you further. “But their energy is different,” you say. And why wouldn’t it be? There are evil Jinn and neutral Jinn who simply enjoy being worshipped. The energetic motivations of someone who wants to kill you and someone who wants you to worship them will be quite different. Will they grant you what you wish? Yes. Why? Because most Jinn hate humanity. They hate us and are our open enemy. Jinn know that humans are superior to them and they spend their lives doing whatever they can to prove this truth, incorrect. What better way to feel better than something else, than to be worshipped by it?

Ah, but you equate strength with superiority. Yes they are stronger than us, because fire is generally superior to clay. However, you have no idea the power of the human spirit which can create realities. The Jinn can create nothing through mere thought, which is something we can do. They use us to create the realities they wish, because they CAN NOT DO IT.

When you call upon your Lilith, Azazel, Lucifer, Baal,… know that you are communicating with a manifestation of the Jinn. The archangels do not commune with humans, as they are of the prime creator, and he does not suffer importunity. Understand that the “angel,” you believe you are talking to is nothing more than a powerful Jinn capable of taking a glorious form.

I can answer any questions you all may have.

4 Likes

Djinn predates Islam, they were very much considered nature spirits before Islamic faith demonized them. Djinn go as far back as Mesopotamia, however. If I remember correctly there are some Islamic djinn but not all of them have origins in islamic faith.

4 Likes

I take note of the Islamic vision of demons and Jinns.
Let me see how, if demons know human nature and help us improve it, your Jehovahs, Allah etc work concretely in the destruction of our health, of our life with their absurd laws that ignore our most basic physiological needs. I see evil in those who condemn me to eternal punishment because I limit myself to satisfying an elementary physiological need (see masturbation), or even relationships outside of marriage (even if I’m not married), favoring the manifestation of psychosomatic illnesses.
I don’t see evil in President Buer who invites me to quit smoking and helps me overcome other addictions. So with regard to the Duchess Bune who helps us find a way out of poverty, perhaps psychological rather than economic.
Here, I wonder how can you, supporters of monotheistic religions come here to preach to us about the evil character of our demons. In all honesty, I think you are the least entitled people to give us certain lessons.
I’d like to read other comments in response to your post.

5 Likes

Taking one of your examples,masturbation, humans themselves have discovered an essence within themselves called Jing. The practitioners of the Tao or Dhao to some, discovered an energy of power within us that contributes to our greatest works. With it, our mind is strong and uninhibited, our creations are better deeper and more consistent, our mind lacks fog, and our focus is crystallized.This essence is the “sex energy,” and even energy manifesters such as Andrew Carnegie, discovered that the sheer primal force of the desire of sex energy, can cause a man to create works that far exceed anything he is otherwise capable of , and this is called “sex transmutation.” The people who practice this are the furthest from “religious,” as it gets. Releasing your Jing through sex and masturbation, weakens you, although with sex, there is some energy returned to you from the other participant which minimizes the detriment. There is a reason that athletes do not have sex before big games and events. Masturbation is simply a total loss of this incredibly powerful energy, and leaves you with brain fog and less effective… and the opposite sex generally is less attracted to a man without powerful sexual energy.

God is not going to inform you of all of that. He is simply going to say “It is best for you not to do it,” and leave it there. You see oppression, but is actually strengthening you. So much of what we do as humans that we consider “infringing our freedoms,” is actually enabling us to be as powerful as we are meant to be.

With regard to your Duchess, it is possible that any Jinn could assist you with money. They only need to take it from one place and bring it to you. A simple matter for an unseen creature who moves faster than a warship. The problem is that you value money more than your own sovereignty. There is a price for all things, and while Jinn may assist you in not being broke, you WILL pray a price.

Not all Demons(Jinn) are evil. Many are simply narcissists, who enjoy being worshipped. The fact that you are more powerful than an insect, does not make you a God. If insects were cognitive, they would likely worship you, if you provided them with food and water.

Remember that it does not matter what benefits they give you, even if those things help you. If they help you quit smoking, you are still calling upon them and worshipping them for their assistance. It is in the act of that call, the act of that worship, where you rely and depend upon the aid of another creation, that true destruction happens.

I digress, however.

1 Like

Explain this to me then? I would rather trust what scholars have to say in comparison to you. I never said that Nar as-samum was the original explanation when it comes to the creation of djinn, hence me mentioning maarijin-min-naar.

Djinn have been around as a concept prior to the existence of Islam as a religion. Please, if you are going to comment on a topic like this at least look into things objectively instead of purely relying on subjective analysis.

Also, usually words have alternate spellings. Djinn, Jinn, Jann, Genii, are all considered to be the same thing (with Jann being a exception depending on how you look at things).

5 Likes

You guys do realize he will say they are djinn no matter what you guys will say right? (Also completely ignoring the material given to him above).Not bothering wasting a breath imo.

5 Likes

Hello Harith.

English is an imperfect translation of Arabic which is far more expansive, so there is much to be confused of. Many of the earlier “translators,” were simply not very good at English. The “Sahih International,” is probably the best one so far.

Yes Djinn predate Islam, but they are mostly of Middle Eastern folklore, the earliest of which were mostly Pagans.

The key words in that verse is “Qablu Min,” representing what came before . It states that what was created First or Before , was of the scorching wind, and then the revised or “corrected,” form of them were the Jinn.

Before the creation of Man, the Jinn were created. And before them, the BINN existed upon earth. The Binn were causing some kind of great destruction upon this place, and the Iblis/Lucifer/Satan(All the same entity), who is a JINN, not a fallen angel, was given the generalship of the Jinn, to lead a war against the Binn and vanquish them. The Jinn were successful in defeating them.

These Binn were the first form of the Jinn, but different due to the essence of the part of the fire from which they hail, and this verse is so complex, because it describes a history that has been forgotten. It is very possible that a few of these Binn survived and have become some of the more present and powerful “spirits,” that magicians call to… in an attempt to remain relevant or regain power, but this is only my theorycraft.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

First off, I appreciate your calm way of voicing your opinion.

Maybe you could explain more about why you think humans are superior, yet djinn are stronger, and why djinn need to prey upon weakened humans if they are stronger than us.

Also your comparison feels off to me. Why is fire superior to clay? Clay usually gets hardened in 1000°C hot fire. Unburnt clay crumbles. Fire makes it stronger.

Did you try though? Or is it just knowledge you gathered?
The Archangel I am communicating with does not aim to be worshipped at all, in fact he is pushing me towards doing things that make me stronger and wiser.

Combining all gods, demons and other spirits under the term djinn is too simple and does not do their diversity and complexity justice.

6 Likes

According to their introduction they have no occult practice and only on the studying side of things. They have not put the knowledge into practice as far as that goes.

5 Likes

Hello Helena.

Humans are superior due to their soul energy and the complex array of emotions that surround it. Jinn indeed have some form of soul, but it lacks our emotional diversity and ability of creation. A human who focuses on a thing long enough will bring about its reality, if enough emotion is put behind it. This is not something the Jinn can do, which is why they need us to create realities for them. They spend much time whispering and swaying us to decisions that help their own lives and agendas.

This is not to say they do not have emotion, but rather on a muted spectrum.

I do not equate power with superiority. We are superior to a bear, even though a bear is stronger because of our ingenuity.

Fire as superior to clay is only comparable on the spectrum of power, to say that, fire as a weapon, is more supreme to clay. You are very astute , however, to note that clay outside of the field of power is indeed quite magnificent on its own. It is used in the making of things where fire is used in the unmaking. So too, does fire make weapons from ore, but only after first greatly weakening it. I think comparing the base elements of our creation is perhaps to simple to work with. Let it be said, that clay is not the inferior substance but less dangerous in the application of power, then.

There are instances in history where Archangels did contact humans with a message from their creator, but they only obey him, and these humans were generally extraordinary or remarkable in some way. They do not respond to calls from humans. I have not tried to call upon an Angel, because I would rather call upon what created them. Why call upon the butler if the King will have an audience with me?

Jinn will often do nice things for you, or push you to be stronger or better, yes. But there is always a price. Simply calling upon them, is an extreme satisfaction to them, because it destroys you. Though they may give you things in return.But lets leave that aside.

I would not say that I combine all “spirits,” into Jinn. I recognize that many “Gods,” are likely egregores. I further realize that the Binn may be attempting to regain some power through magicians. And perhaps a few other realities.

2 Likes

And why exactly would they want to destroy me when they are helping me at the same time? Its like building a house and tearing it down right after again.
Its a waste of material and ressources and energy.
Yes, they claim a price. And you receive in return. Like in any kind of professional business.

7 Likes

Hello Pariah.

Let it be said in base elements, that fire will strengthen ore into metal that will eventually become a sword. However, that sword will be in the shape and purpose of that which its creator intended. In the process of becoming molten you become greatly weakened, and any impurity or glitch can be embedded into your person during this period of growth and weakness.If you are the ingot which was distilled from the ore,then you will become an instrument of that which shaped you.

Just like they would be tools for me, so its all evened out.

3 Likes

I haven’t worked with Djinn, or at least as far as I know, but I would expect that if djinn are Islamic than they would have more Islamic dogma as opposed to a Juedo Christian demon, and also where the term Genie was to have come from, however this can get confusing because we could be talking about Djinn as in the fire elementals as in candle magick?

Given djinn predate Islam atleast for the most(?) part the islamic ideology of them holds not much weight, because you can follow a religious idea of them til you’re blue in the face but if you have no experience with them on top of actual research that finds them as far back as before islamic faith then the results are quite half arsed.

4 Likes

Beware of the impurities instilled within you while you are molten and malleable my friend. However, if you enjoy the purpose for which you were forged, then I say live your life , peacefully and greatly in your purpose.