Disposing candles

Hi there, I wanted to ask ways I can dispose of a deity candle properly and safely after they are no longer with me, I live in a small apartment in the city so burial isn’t an option. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You can’t just burn it down the rest of the way?

Yes but how do I dispose off the glass? it has their sigil on it and I don’t know if it would be disrespectful if I threw it away so im just unsure.

Can you wash or scrape it off?

Honestly, I think people get a little too hung up on what’s considered “disrespectful” or not. It just feels like some kind of handwringing to me.

Unless you get a strong sense of objection, it should be okay to throw it away as it’s served it purpose and now it’s done. You understand that, pretty sure the spirit knows what up, so there shouldn’t be an issue.

Otherwise, I would suggest smashing the glass to release the sigil and then throw away the shards.

4 Likes

You could set an intention, clear the object of any residual energy and also inform the Spirit and then get rid of it. That way you’re not stressing about what the Spirit will think.

1 Like

You can reprogram it to something/someone else. Remove the sigil if possible, thank the entity for their time with you, cleanse the candle, and use it like normal for something else.

1 Like