Difference between astral projection and soul travel

So what are the exact differences between astral projection and soul travel. In soul travel do you still have the silvery cord attaching you to your body?

If I were to visit my sister with whom I’m very close via astral travel would she see the silver cord and my face? How about with soul travel would see see any of that or simply feel that I’m there and aware of my presence? My sister and I have talked about experimenting with visiting each other in these ways.

In my opinion “soul” travel is a weird thing to call it as the soul isn’t what’s being projected but an energy body that takes the form of the soul. You’ll also get different views on the astral as for me the astral is a plane with little to no density and home to thoughtforms. Whereas etheric and such are home to “legitimate” entities who are also capable of visiting the astral as we are. Soul travel and astral travel aren’t really different soul travel could just be a weird term for OOBE since OOBE is a general term used to project out while astral projection is an OOBE to the astral plane and not any other plane.

2 Likes

She wouldn’t see you at all. Astral is a different plane. If you’re projecting to her physical body that’s a physical projection and if she can see “spirits” and energy then she may see you but may or may not recognize you. If you astral to her you’ll be in the part of the astral that aligns to that physical location.

2 Likes

Thank you for the helpful information

I lived in meditation house for little over 4 years we played around with this first couple years astral projecting to each other doing activities together in the astral. Its difficult to gain clarity without the subconscious projections. When two individuals are in the astral they can see each other depending on the wakefulness of the consciousness depends if the activities performed are seen are accurate after describing what taken place to one another. More often then not when visiting someone who is unconscious in the astral they are hovering over their body or stumbling around drunk (in their dreams - not awake to the reality).

1 Like

One well-known author, Robert Monroe, who wrote multiple books about his out-of-body experiences said that usually people did not see him when he was traveling out of body but did include a couple instances when a couple people could see him. He said that one woman looked up at him when he was flying around a neighborhood and looked frightened and ran back into her house. He also said that one person asked him if he was one of those out of body travelers.
I suppose that it can be somewhat difficult also to decide what lexicon to use as an out of body experience may have a subjective feel to it instead of neatly falling into this or that category. Seems like sometimes the lines may be blurred as far as nomenclature goes.

Thanks for the info!

1 Like