Did i perform LBRP correctly?

1. Is it correct to perform the first 3 steps of LBRP before summoning ritual and the last step after summoning ritual?

2. It’s ok that i left the place and talked to others before doing the last step of LBRP to end the protection?

1 Like

That’s an interesting take. I’m not sure what the Ceremonial magicians (@DarkestKnight ? @Mike_Bee ? @Nightside ?) have to say about this, but if I were doing this before and after ritual I would do the entire thing before and the entire thing after.

I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to do it all in one go. I know if I was taken away from a ritual like that I would probably start over. It breaks your concentration and I believe LBRP is all about maintaining that line from start to finish.

2 Likes

I had communication with a spirit in ritual. can i be sure that was the demon i summoned and not a imposter spirit? i mean were i protected anyway?

1 Like

I don’t know how I can know the answer to that question. But it’s usually not an imposter.

In the last 5 years I’ve had one incident with an imposter and one other strange thing happen.

2 Likes

No. You are supposed to perform all the steps before a ritual, and then all the steps again after a ritual. If you only do the first steps, then you are NOT performing the LBRP, and are not protected.

No. Again, you left an incomplete ritual. While interruptions can and do happen while in middle of ritual, you should not walk away on purpose just to talk to someone. That shows disrespect for the spirits, and for the magick. When interrupted, you should wait, regain your focus and then finish what you are doing, before leaving.

9 Likes

I agree with @DarkestKnight you’re not executing the performance of the ritual properly and I guarantee you’re compromising the protection it would normally afford you.

5 Likes

What do you mean the first 3 steps? There are two steps, one in drawing the pentagram at each quarter, with arm outstretched to maintain the mental drawing of the circle, and then the second step is calling the archangels.
If you are asking to do something between the pentagrams (all four and full circle), and the calling of the archangels, its possible. I mean, Crowley and Mathers kinda laid out what was to be expected from it. But they also modified it slightly, so you are either doing a sign of silence and/or grade signs at each quarter. One - original - used the sign of silence (finger drawn back to to lips like sshhh) and then back out where it was, or use of grade signs such as in Liber Resh Vel Helios.
But between the pentagrams and the archangels, sure, give it a shot and report back on notes.
Though @Mike_Bee and @DarkestKnight are right, you’re essentially rendering the ritual worthless should you be interrupted. I get interrupted by my cat often. I redo my work should it occur. You never leave the circle. If so you should immediately do a LBRP.

3 Likes

I have no idea, and it sounds like you really need to develop psychic sensitivity or clairsentience, the ability to discern the energy by feel of a thing.
The act of full immersion should draw the spirit to your area and consciousness and would scare off imposters or tricksters.
Regular banishing and the likes are nice, but if you’re like me, you know you should have an absolutely clean and clutter free temple. I may move my temple outdoors should it get warmer.

3 Likes

If you missed a step or two or you didn’t do things perfectly, it’s not about all that. You’ll be ok. Pick it right back up where you left off. The power’s from within you and not in the letter of the laws and protocols. There’s plenty of room for small errors and forgetfulness whenever you’re learning those exercises.

3 Likes

Yup, especially a ritual as LBRP has room for errors, no problem on that.

But you do all the steps first, do your operation, then do those steps once more to close it out clean and sterile. Although some say LBRP light you up on astral I don’t think thats neccesarily a big issue since you invoke energies of Godnames and Archangels.

4 Likes

This is why the Golden Dawn recommended or stipulated that students do the LBRP at least twice a day for a year. This was to get them through a few grades in the process, and yes, it lights you up on the astral.

4 Likes

what are the benefits of LBRP

Connection with the Self or God, creation of a sacred space or anyway activation of a magical one, some degree of protection and spiritual growth. It’s a training in visualization and invocation.

2 Likes