Demons, Angels, and Gods

Can someone please help me understand something, I apologize if this is already common knowledge I did not reveal in the search.

What would be the difference between a Demon and a God? Im sure this is obvious in a everyone knows about. The way I understand it is Demons are helpful as Angels for different types of purpose.

Would a negative entity/energy, a wandering spirit, a list soul, malevolent, evil, whatever we call it, is this under the order of Demons our completely unrelated?

If Gods are higher than Angels and Demons, wont Demons also answer to the Gods thus that Angels and Demons are then themselves Gods?

An Angel is of divinity and light, and a Demon is of darkness and power - this is how I understand it. However this is difficult to learn because Demons are so commonly associated with hatred, negativity, evil, fallen Angels. How disrespectful to refer to Gods of power on both sides. Saranism almost seems anarchistic, songs Angels seem so holier than thou.

I am just beginning the Golden Dawn, Wiccan teachings, and thus program where I see the intentions very well. Will I find the answers in the direction Iā€™m going or which will safely understand?.

I admit Ive not studied the Necronomicon or researched Grimoires because I was under the impression they would bode more negativity which would be the opposite reason I am seeking them out, unless of course, it was to bend and weild it I suppose. Yoga, chakra work, and Wicca are working very well, but I see purpose turning to deeper resources for understanding. If a mentor with some experience is willing to lend some advice it will be going to a worthy purpose and will be greatly appreciated.

This is a vast topic that covers the whole history of human civilization. Each culture had and has their own definitions of different types of beings, from Gods, Demons, and various types of spirits.

Since there are thousands of spirits spanning all cultures, there is no common belief that could be wholly accurate, but Iā€™ll try to simplify. Remember that this is only my opinion.

A Demon is (in contemporary parlance) considered a ā€˜badā€™ spirit. Usually through the influence and propaganda of a later theistic system that wanted to discredit a different or former cultures deities.

A God is usually considered a spirit of the highest known order, whom in most cultures participated in the creation of the universe, world, and or the human race. They can be good or bad, depending on if they are assisting or thwarting you.

Itā€™s true that some entities called Demons are really Gods. Etc. A topic to research would be ā€˜deific masksā€™, which could be the study of how (the same) gods appear in different cultures in different forms, but with similar characteristic through time. (This is a gross generalization, but is accurate for a short description)

If youā€™re interested in this topic, studying the creation myths of as many different cultures as possible would be a good start.

1 Like

Holy shit. That is a huge topic. I have a masters degree in theology from a conservative Christian seminary and donā€™t even know where to begin. I think NariusV is mostly correct in what he says. But what a can of worms this isā€¦:slight_smile:

Golden Dawn and Wicca are both very much RHP, and therefore will have their bias about Demons and Angels. Their agendas may or may not fully line up with yours, but only you can make that judgement call.

As far as Deities, Demons, and Angels, hereā€™s my take: Deities are the first expression of Divinity. They have the greatest amount of ā€œpowerā€, and thus responsibility, in the physical universe. Demons are the embodiment of free will, and all that entails. Angels are the embodiment of morality, rules, etc. Neither Demons nor Angels are inherently good or evil. They both perform a necessary function for the existence of the Multiverse, and were created by Divinity. Divinity creates nothing evil. Demons represent Chaos, Angels represent Order, and they both worship Divinity.

Weā€™re taught to believe Chaos = bad, Order = good. This is nonsense. From Chaos comes Order, and Order eventually returns to Chaos to be reborn. Without this system, entropy sets in and the Multiverse dies. Just because a concept makes us uncomfortable (death, decay, etc.), it doesnā€™t make it evil. It simply makes us uneducated.

As I see it, Demons and Angels operate from differing perspectives, again, neither good nor evil. An Angel would teach you to swim by taking you to a safe public pool, with a Life Guard on duty, and would be like, ā€œLetā€™s get your floaties on, and your sunscreen. Weā€™ll go to the shallow end, and donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll be right here with youā€. Learning to swim from a Demon is more like being thrown into the deep end with the Demon yelling ā€œSwim!ā€. One approach relies on others, the other approach shows you that you have the ability already, you simply need to realize it. As always, JMO>

1 Like

I was beginning to believe there are demons, which can be good or bad depending on their personalities.

Devils/Angels being one and the same in a different and far more stronger category. In the same league as dieties but not as powerful. With the ability to cross over to our dimension and appear before us physically in any shape or form they wish.

Then the lesser of them all like human spirits and nature.

Daemon wiki

2nd paragraph down:

ā€œIn Hesiodā€™s Theogony, PhaĆ«ton becomes an incorporeal daimon or a divine spirit, but, for example, the ills released by Pandora are deadly deities, keres, not daimones.ā€

Under Socratesā€™ section:

"In Platoā€™s Symposium, the priestess Diotima teaches Socrates that love is not a deity, but rather a ā€œgreat daemonā€ (202d). She goes on to explain that ā€œeverything daemonic is between divine and mortalā€ (202dā€“e), and she describes daemons as ā€œinterpreting and transporting human things to the gods and divine things to men; entreaties and sacrifices from below, and ordinances and requitals from aboveā€¦ā€ (202e). In Platoā€™s Apology of Socrates, Socrates claimed to have a daimonion (literally, a ā€œdivine somethingā€) that frequently warned himā€”in the form of a ā€œvoiceā€ā€”against mistakes but never told him what to do ".

So another words Demons literally translate to divinity between men and gods, and also can be either a moral spirit or malevolent spirit.

Heres Demon wiki:

ā€œThe Ancient Greek word Ī“Ī±ĪÆĪ¼Ļ‰Ī½ daimōn denotes a spirit or divine power, much like the Latin genius or numen. Daimōn most likely came from the Greek verb daiesthai (to divide, distribute).ā€

ā€œThe Greek terms do not have any connotations of evil or malevolence. In fact, Īµį½Ī“Ī±Ī¹Ī¼ĪæĪ½ĪÆĪ± eudaimonia, (literally good-spiritedness) means happiness.ā€

Or another words - teachers of knowledge.

Wow

Iā€™ve read alot since yesterdays, including gods, angels, devils and even about daemons. While the word demon is a depiction of the Nephilim, a daemon is more commented to an evil spirit. A good or devil are in the same league of one another, however a god or devil is not known by power of influence, but by title.
There is however also a theory not found on wiki, saying the gods and devil are the same and this is proven. In the past gods or beings with powers not known to the common people. Devils are the same as they were once worshipped as gods, but by another religion turned to demons.

As for angels that is a whole different thing, they are beings of either light or dark, control over judgements and certain elements, like fire or wind. They mostly are like the lower tier of demons seen more as guides than evil creatures. Since evil, especially Heaven (Peace) and Hell (War) can just be found here on Earth, has many forms so has good. In short even if you see an angel or demon, never judge a book by itā€™s cover. While you can google many things up, some things you cannot find. However Gods and Devils, Devils were once worshipped as gods in ancient times. Now they are seen as devils. What once were angels are now known as demons, Xerafphim became Behemoth, GabriĆ«l was named Lucifer and MichaĆ«l was called Astaroth, in convergence with the Middle-Eastern Goddes Astarte. Basicly most had to be done during the negative influence from another religion with their own way of thinking.

It is abit much to take in but this is it, pretty much in a nuttshell.

[quote=ā€œSky, post:1, topic:5925ā€]Can someone please help me understand something, I apologize if this is already common knowledge I did not reveal in the search.

What would be the difference between a Demon and a God? Im sure this is obvious in a everyone knows about. The way I understand it is Demons are helpful as Angels for different types of purpose.[/quote]

I covered that in this post. Keep in mind this isnā€™t something youā€™ll read about in your run of the mill grimoire or history lesson. It is about my own work. It is just a small tutorial I posted among other things. Look for the post on ā€œDoppelgangerā€ as I edited it to explain Gods, Angels, Demons, The Devil, etc.

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/teachings-of-belial/msg71786/#msg71786]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/teachings-of-belial/msg71786/#msg71786[/url]

Very well explained