Demon sigil advice?

When drawing a goetic demons sigil…
Does the sigil need to be down to the tee of perfection or will a basic outline suffice? Just curious because I suck at drawing things like that
Or would it be better to just print the specific demons sigil?

2 Likes

I’ve read a few times that adding your bodily fluids is not good. What is your thoughts on it?
Thank you.

3 Likes

You can print the sigil, but its a good idea to trace it using a pen or marker on top of printed sigil.

You can draw as close as possible to as shown in the image of the sigil.

Either will get the.job done.

2 Likes

The sigil doesn’t have to be perfect. Just draw it as close as you can. This helps to imprint your intention into it. If you opt to print the sigil, it is advisable to trace over it in your own hand for the same reason. There are members here, myself included, who have had success opening a sigil displayed on the screen of our phone or computer. I usually trace it with my finger to imprint my intent into the sigil on the screen.

If you are a beginner, I recommend staying away from using blood on the sigil. It is very powerful, and it does link you to the spirit, so, unless it is one that you want to form a long term relationship with, it is not necessary. It is usually used to seal pacts. In the video mentioned above, EA made permanent sigils with blood because he has an enduring long term relationship with those spirits. You may also run into a problem with spirits expecting it or demanding it if it is used too often. I have never used blood, except when I consecrated my Universal Circle. I reserve it for any pacts I may make, so it will retain its potency. I find it unnecessary for short term tasks, but ultimately, it is your decision whether to use it or not. It is a very personal offering.

2 Likes

My opinion is that sort of thing is situational. Not all care for your blood. If you are making a pact, or creating a permanent sigil to a matron/patron then blood can be a great way to strengthen that bond in the sigil itself.

Blood has a power, though, and a connection to you because, well, it’s you. There may be situations where you do not want that kind of link with a spirit or action.

As for printing vs drawing a sigil you are always going to get better results drawing it by hand. It really does not matter if it is perfect as long as you can tell who it is. Far more important than accuracy of design is intent, focus and visualization when creating your sigil. Also, just the act of touching the paper with a tool held in your hand is an act of transference of your will, so it is important. You can get none of that from a Xerox machine, just a pretty picture.

3 Likes