Deep Thought Question on Solomon and magick

I would disagree. It’s still an attempt to constrain a Demon by some force that isn’t the Demon itself right?

I don’t believe Solomon ever existed …that is another play on words.

Sol= sun
OM= ancient vibration or first word
On = first Egyptian city of the sun

This is all sun worship.
Solomon was metaphorical. Like so much stuff in the in the Bible you have to break it down to get to the root.

3 Likes

If you plan to break it down to get to the root - You should use the Original language the Bible was written in

סולומון - Solomon

It’s actually Ôn (אן‎) and Āwen (און) - Together it was pronounced as Āwanu.

I don’t see a distinct relationship between the “three”

I agree.

If Solomon was metaphorical - Doesn’t that imply that the 72 demons he trapped in a brass vessel are also metaphors?

3 Likes

Some believe demons only exist in the mind.

You have to remember alot of stuff was twisted and turned to fit what they wanted it to fit.

The demons were actually gods…it looks like a good way to say they could be controlled by the Victor.

2 Likes

But just my thinking out loud…but if Solomon is just a word for sun worship…itd be saying the sun or sun God has power over the 72 demons.

1 Like

Which in that case …I know Ra has a ring. :thinking:

1 Like

Do you agree with this?

One thing that still befuddles me is - How could 72 gods/demons get trapped and overpowered by one man?

Could we say Solomon is much more powerful?

1 Like

The entire story is a lie perhaps?

Personally, no.

Also I don’t think Solomon was a man…i think he was symbolic of a sun God.

My thoughts also crossed that line.

1 Like

So, You think Solomon is a symbolic represention of Ra or Amun?

Possibly , I just know Ra is a sun God, I know he has a ring that is rather important.

I know most things in the Bible actually have a hidden meaning for something else.

So maybe… but this is just my thoughts.

2 Likes

If you look at it from this angle and consider the sun in astrology represents the conscious mind, and also that brass as a metal has associations to fire and the sun.

Combined with the info of alot of practitioners and works that most if not all of the 72 spirits have astrological correspondences or ties the can be viewed as “the conscious mind through the gate of fire is able to summon the 72 spirits and their legions.” Or on another light “the summoner through the power of the conscious application of will (fire) can bend and twist the very powers of the universe (planets and stars) to their design.”

3 Likes

If you also combine this train of thought with the perspective of nothing subjectively exists outside of observable reailty, which so far i have best found summierzed in the book of azazel in his description of the demonic hierarchy. " the demonic hierarchy is as follows. The operation and the rest of existence."

You get a potent formula and perspective for reshaping your life and reality as you desire it. Thw main obstacles to be overcome a result of limiting programs placed on the self through both the surrounding environment ( often from society and negative views of close personal relationships during formative years or an exposed period of timw to this toxic perspective of limitation) and those place on self.

3 Likes