Dealing with the Northern Gods

Hello all. I am interested in working with the Norse Gods. Odin, Thor, Loki and the rest.

I was wondering if there is anyone here that would be able to do a rune reading to see if Odin and the other Gods will accept me. I say this because I know that there is a system to it and not everyone is meant to work with every pantheon.

NOTE** I bought some runes a few months back and cleansed them and prayed to Odin for guidance. Just a day or so later I met someone on line who was able to give me some guidance…so I know he heard me and answered.

Also… I would like to know the best place to start in working with this pantheon. Someone told me I should start with reading the Eddas. Does anyone know a good translation to use?

Thanks all!

2 Likes

There aren’t any barriers within the Norse pantheon. Or any magical system. Sacred texts is a decent online source to access the eddas. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I was looking at Sacred Texts…just didn’t know if that was the best or not. I’ll use it. Thanks.

Have you worked extensively with the Norse Pantheon?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say extensively, but a good bit. I’ve encountered Odin many times, Fenrir a few times, and Loki once or twice during my soul travels. I’m of Scandinavian ancestry, so it’s kinda like a call home I guess. I greatly enjoyed my interactions with them though. Odin is exactly what you would expect. Strong, caring in his own way, very stern. But, whatever you need, he will provide you the strength to get it done.

2 Likes

Gotcha. That sounds interesting. How exactly did you accomplish that contact. Just through the same meditative methods everyone talks about on here?

1 Like

Yeah, meditative soul travel. Have you never tried it? In my soul travel I just experience whatever is intended for me to experience. I know that sounds vague and probably doesn’t answer your question. But entering a deep meditative state I just open myself to influence, and allow anything that doesn’t carry a harmful energy, to influence my experience. That has led me many great places, and I’ve experienced many great things. I highly recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve been working with the Aesir and Vanir, runes, tarot and divination over the last 2-3 years.

I definitely recommend the Eddas, but lacking @Prof.B’s cultural history, I also sought out additional sources. I have found that YouTube’s Arith Härger has cultural insights that have helped me iron things out.

Other than that, if you get serious into working with these beings, I recommend Asbjörn Torvol’s Heathen: a Viking Grimoire of Norse Sorcery as a trove of helpful information. Combining it with methods I have gleaned from the forum has been fruitful.

4 Likes

No I haven’t done soul travel. I’ll give it a try.

I understand what you mean though. It makes sense.

My problem I notice is getting into that deeper mediation space. I can’t ever get my mind and body relaxed enough… so many thoughts and distractions… and I think I need a bit more patience… it always feels liked I’m rushed.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will check out those resources! Thank you :pray:t5:

I say go for it, just don’t take the Eddas as 100% it can be a nice understanding but a lot of Norse myth written by Snorri is garbage when it comes to dealing with the actual Gods. Many let the Eddas dictate their experiences with the Aesir, Vanir, and Jotun Gods.

2 Likes

Wow :astonished: thanks for that info. I will keep that in mind when reading them. Makes sense though. I feel that any myth can only tell you so much about any deity. It’s just a “101 primer” you know. The only way to really know them is to work with them…so I get it. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah I hate how Norse myth portrays Loki lol, same with Loki’s children. It tends to make Thor seem like a idiot brute who goes around killing Jotun.

1 Like

Hmm interesting… do you know anything about these books?

1 Like

I don’t but I’d like to read the second one lol, if you read it tell me how it is

Lol. I will. I’ve seen it over the years and just never knew if it was legit or not. Seeing it years ago was actually one of the things that got me interested. I guess I’ll need to get it. Haha

Yeah, his children are very pleasant to work with. I met him today and he’s actually very gentlemany and charismatic.

1 Like

To be honest I just connected with them. Find one you really vibe with and build a relationship with them and the rest will join.

2 Likes