Dark Dating

How can I date a demoness or a spirit? If so, how can I make it so that if I decide to date a human that the spirit does not try to wreak havoc on myself or my physical partner out of jealousy?

1 Like

Same way you date a human - find one you like, ask them! :slight_smile:

You need to write in the no-jealousy clause and there’s no bullshitting or games (in my experience anyway) with spirits, they either sau yes or no, they don’t wait the mandated X number of days to return a text and thereby hope not to seem too keen…

1 Like

You don’t really date demons…There are vodou marriages but you go through a full marriage ceremony where the bride or groom is possessed as the two are married. Then an agreement is made on what nights out of the month the man is to sleep alone so he can have sex with his lwa wife (or vice versa)

1 Like

Well, I’ve dated spirits, so I respectfully but comprehensively disagree there! :wink:

They’re as interested in dating (or, if you prefer, short-term relationships) and MAYBE that leading to marriage as people, some are happy just to have a bit of fun, and travel with you a while…

I keep meaning to dig out some material sources on this but having relationships and marriages to spirits is as old as time, it’s very common in shamanic traditions (where the shaman may or may not also have a human spouse) and it’s no big deal, and certainly not exclusive to vodou, nor do you need a human host for the spirit.

1 Like

Well, I’ve dated spirits, so I respectfully but comprehensively disagree there! :wink:

They’re as interested in dating (or, if you prefer, short-term relationships) and MAYBE that leading to marriage as people, some are happy just to have a bit of fun, and travel with you a while…

I keep meaning to dig out some material sources on this but having relationships and marriages to spirits is as old as time, it’s very common in shamanic traditions (where the shaman may or may not also have a human spouse) and it’s no big deal, and certainly not exclusive to vodou, nor do you need a human host for the spirit.[/quote]

I’d like to see one of your dates :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you mean? :slight_smile:

I recall one of the festivals of Dionysus in ancient Greece (Athens I believe ) involved the marriage of the queen to Him every year. I would imagine some sort of sexual intercourse occurring, possibly with a wooden phallus of fig.
Spirit marriage is interesting stuff.

At least as far back as Sumer, the king of a given city (the king being basically a regent of the gods’ established order and ruling with their patronage) would on certain significant dates ritually copulate with the high priestess of that city’s chief temple, occasionally resulting in offspring that were considered part divine.

Wow, I just used the word copulate. That post was invested with all the zeal and passion of David Attenbourough describing the mating of two tortoises…

I keep meaning to dig out some material sources on this but having relationships and marriages to spirits is as old as time, it’s very common in shamanic traditions (where the shaman may or may not also have a human spouse) and it’s no big deal, and certainly not exclusive to vodou, nor do you need a human host for the spirit.[/quote]

I agree with you because I have a incubus mate. I wrote a “no jealousy clause” when I prayed to Satan for one. Along with the benefits of dating, demons/incubi/spirits can be amazing sources of information and even act like a familiar in one’s magick.

Dating spirits is as limited as one’s imagination.

Go for it! :smiley:

Hm. I swear I am thine weirdest person here, I am going to write an no jealous clause to an human telepathic.

I wilt let everyone know my reply! I may need to drink my beer beforehand. XD Because I am completely serious but fucking insane.

It worked! I feel his presence now.

Hahahaha Now this is just a wierd ass thread. Freaks. Just kidding :wink: cool concept but I dont know if demonic entities are my type.

A “no jelousy” clause is quite a limitation on the idea of “free will”, especially if the perspective of dualism is in their behaviour. Jelousy is mostly about trust issues, something created from the past. A broken promise or a broken heart, in a repeating circle, would be understandable from their perspective. How would you react if it was the other way around? Would you sign a “no jealousy” act without your right to express your “weakness” of insecurity? For me, that’s limitation to grow in a relationship and no one benefits from it.

I would prefer “honesty” before “no jealousy”. That’s how trust is built.

1 Like

[quote=“succupedia, post:13, topic:5168”]A “no jelousy” clause is quite a limitation on the idea of “free will”, especially if the perspective of dualism is in their behaviour. Jelousy is mostly about trust issues, something created from the past. A broken promise or a broken heart, in a repeating circle, would be understandable from their perspective. How would you react if it was the other way around? Would you sign a “no jealousy” act without your right to express your “weakness” of insecurity? For me, that’s limitation to grow in a relationship and no one benefits from it.

I would prefer “honesty” before “no jealousy”. That’s how trust is built.[/quote]

I let my incubus visit other people so that I can be with other people as well.

I was hoping this wouldnt refer to dating as in the human sense…

Have any of you experienced your ‘dating’ with a spirit as a kind of pact? I know in Vodou you cannot ask a Lwa to marry you, they must ask you, but it works as a sort of pact where you can ask for something big in return for marrying them. But then too you can never violate the terms or you will face some brutal punishment.

Yes from me, and my main pact now is more like a marriage in a lot of ways. The spirit asked me. I’m not really comfortable talking about the details, but we both set terms beforehand.

Thats awesome. I am not allowed to speak of the details myself but after recently being sucked into Haitian Spirituality (which was largely unexpected and definitely not sought out) I have a future situation along those exact lines…feelings are mixed at the moment.