Currents/communities-irking people

So since my time (a yr) involved in the occult studies I have heard a couple of people say these statements (or similar) and wanted to know anyone’s thoughts on them? Are these the stereotypes of the occult world? Lol and if so has anyone seen them to be true?

Also I’m not trying to offend anyone I’m just bringing up points I’ve heard…

1. ATR is always drama

2. Wiccans are like Christians

3. Also what is the 5 year rule?

That’s what I can think of for now!

3 Likes
  1. I don’t know what ATR stands for.
  2. I’ve honestly never heard that I don’t usually go to other forums anymore anyway I’m pretty much limited to BALG these days.
  3. Never heard of the five year rule either.

You got me curious though.

1 Like

ATR -African traditional religion like IFA , Ocha,palo

2 Likes

I’ve never worked in those systems so I’m useless for you on that question.

1 Like

People into ATR often tend to have strong egos, there is ongoing jostling for who has the best lineage and most power, and they often clash over this.

Bound by a moral code, and closer to a traditional religion than magick. This can be good or bad, personally I think they did a great bridge from the morality of the past to the current era.

Never heard of that, do you have anything to add context?

5 Likes

The only five years rule I know of is that you can’t take money out of a tax free savings or investment account until at least five years after your first deposit into it.

6 Likes

Thank you, I heard somewhere on the forum that a lot of people only stay in occult practices for 5 years? Due to what I’m not sure, I guess saying that people get burnt out?

3 Likes

Lol

And a lot of Heathens are Evangelical Baptists in Pagan-Drag to.

It’s called religious syncretism.

Wicca was created in the 1950s and Pagans of all subtypes grew up in a world that is Christian dominated, of course there is going to be some mixing going on. Can’t expect otherwise.

3 Likes

I think that might be true for people who dabble in it as a phase or Maybe people who don’t have a lot of success in Magick give up after five years.

3 Likes

Good thought, I would also add to many things happening in the mundane world ( job, family etc… ) so lack of time might contribute…
How many years have you people been on the track ?

2 Likes

Nah, we just get a lot of people with negative shit coming in (fix our problems please), kinda attitude.

Nah, sometimes they can just be annoying, and at times “Know it all’s”.

No clue, but it sounds retarded just from reading it.

3 Likes

Lol 5 and still going.

4 Likes

You’ll find people who think themselves your superior for one reason or another anywhere you go.

4 Likes

Everything about this post is true. Let’s add racist to the problems of the ATRs. Not everyone but a great deal.

1 Like

Ha ha ha I thought I covered that with “Evangelical Baptists in Pagan-Drag” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I was talking about the ATR’s but the Asatru community has the same rep. Except more redneck lol

1 Like

Ah fuck I misread that somehow, my apologies man. :blush:

1 Like

This is why I’m starting to not really talk about my practice to just anyone. It’s just got me nothing but negativity. I don’t have room for it.

1 Like

I think most of us probably keep the bulk of our practices private.

4 Likes