Crowley thoth deck_large card format

Hello Everyone,

I’m really considering purchasing the Thoth Deck large card format for two reasons:

1. The current deck I have DOES NOT contain the Unicursal Hexagram card, but does have three versions of the magus.

2. I believe the large card format will serve me better for when I read for others.

Can anyone PLEASE verify if this deck does indeed have the Unicursal Hex card? I know from some research, that there is something about “The Greenies”? But more importantly, I don’t want to waste anymore money on something I’m not happy with. The info from Amazon is:

AG Muller
Cards: 78 pages
Publisher: U.S. Games Systems Inc. (March 5, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0913866156
ISBN-13: 978-0913866153
Product Dimensions: 3.7 x 1.2 x 5.8 inches

Thanks everyone!!!

M

I have the large Thoth deck and it does have the Unicursal Hexagram card. My small deck has the three Magus cards as you described but not the Universal Hexagram card.

Azesiel,

Thanks brotherman. i’m going to get this deck then. Yeah, I was kinda pissed about not having the UHex card.

Big book of Thoth is greatness. I have one and yes mine has the unicursal hex. Go for it!

ALLRIGHTY THEN!!!

My deck should arrive within a week! Another question concerning the THOTH DECK. Books:

Christ, as if the last thing I really need is to invest in more books. My Occult Library is out-of-con-fucking-trolllllllllllllllllllll. For me, The Occult is Yoga, Meditation, Magick, some reference materials, even some art & music pursuits I have…FUCK…my whole life.

Could anyone recommend a book, just ONE, that if you were stuck on a planet alone and you had to take the THOTH deck and just ONE book/reference book with you…what would recommend and more importantly WHY?

Why would you personally take that ONE book you are recommending to me? What is/has been your experience with it?

As most of you know, I’ve taken the plunge deeply into the BALG Divination Course material. For me, it’s been the best money I’ve spent concerning Tarot. Please allow me to clarify my intention however:

I’m looking to supplement my income by early next year as a reader. Now, I’ve set my life up for this cycle of time to educate myself and build all of my Occult skill set as much as possible. With that being said, please understand that yes I too am doing Tarot for my Ascent as well, and am in NO WAY bastardizing this Sacred System just for the money. This is very important.

I am well aware that basically I have to eat, sleep, and breathe the THOTH deck for the next 6-8months and read for a shit-ton of people to build my skill. THAT I’m totally down with. But is there a book that can assist me in putting this particular deck altogether?

Mind you, I’ve read the “little booklet” that came with my deck - the essay from Lady Frieda Harris etc. But if my goal is to become an exceptional reader, and I have made the time to dedicate my self to this…what other resource may I be missing?

Thanks to all! As always, I get what I need here and I trust YOUR experiences.

M

Then I wouldn’t recommend a book, I would tell you to get E.A.'s Divination course. The Tarot section alone is worth the price. Don’t become a slave to a book with Tarot. You need to spend time with the cards, as you said but don’t become dependent on a book.
If you can’t get E.A.'s course, then I would recommend Lon Milo Duquette’s book:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Aleister-Crowleys-Thoth-Tarot/dp/1578632765]http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Aleister-Crowleys-Thoth-Tarot/dp/1578632765[/url]

P.S. - but I still would get the Divination Course.

Dear Azesiel,

I already GOT the course!!! I love it man. I totally agree too. The course is worth it just for the Tarot. For me, my two main areas of interest are the Tarot and Necrosphic Divination. But one thing at a time for me.

OK man. I will table my impulse as far as buying another book. Thanks for your suggestion.

M

Book of Thoth by Crowley. It is awesome. Some parts are dense and require you to read sections over and over to understand but that’s the great thing about it. You’ll get a little more from it every time.

A lot of people raved about Lon Milo DuQuettes “Understanding Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot” but I wasn’t impressed at all. The book says the card means this when dignified and this when I’ll dignified but gives little to understanding the elemental dignification used in his system.

" The book says the card means this when dignified and this when I’ll dignified but gives little to understanding the elemental dignification used in his system."

Now this comment I find very fascinating TWF. Interestingly, my limited experience has taught me that it’s the system coming together for me that I’m after. Not necessarily what the cards means per se.

But again. I think I’ll hold off for a while on another book. Take my own gut level feelings and all of your advice and practice, practice, practice.

Thanks to all

1. The current deck I have DOES NOT contain the Unicursal Hexagram card, but does have three versions of the magus.

When you do a reading with this deck are you supposed to use all the three Magus cards or only one of them?

Just one, pick the one that resonates best with you.

The unicursal hexagram card is not meant to be used but many add it to the deck as a card to represent magick, unknown factors or act like a wild card.

yea i got the big one and it got the card, really amazing deck
i love every card in it, a little big to shuffle so you got to have long fingers but its great

the box of the big is green

Here are a few books that you can find on Amazon, and I have found useful,

““Keywords for the Crowley Tarot by Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler””

This is a small book and has one or two pages for each card,
it also has different spreads, I have found it useful.

““The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards by Akron, Hajo Banzhaf””

Now this is a bigger size book but has in-depth pages on each card, the Trumps have 3-4 pages per card and the Minor 2-3 pages.

With this book I have found spending one day or so on each card learning all you can as well as putting power into the cards to bind with them.

Now you will find that after working with the cards and start to get your inner vision working and you will find that you can look into the cards and when you read them they may be different from the keywords you used.
But that does take time to learn, so be patient, it will come together.

I hope this give yourself and others some ideas and may help with your journey…

Thorn

[quote=“ChiefDoom, post:12, topic:1180”]yea i got the big one and it got the card, really amazing deck
i love every card in it, a little big to shuffle so you got to have long fingers but its great

the box of the big is green[/quote]

Its easier to shuffle the large cards by shuffling them from the side instead of from the top/bottom of the cards. Takes a little getting used to but works better than the average card shuffle with the larger decks.

My BIG Deck arrived today!!! Fucking brilliant! I really like the large format deck. I really like having the smaller deck however…it’s like a travel d