Crowley Quote

―Aleister Crowley

Thoughts?

If you read Crowley’s memoirs, he was an extremely successful magician until he joined the Golden Dawn, after which he had many mystical experiences but couldn’t magick himself change for bus fare. Crowley’s lack of self-awareness was never anything short of spectacular.

Dear old Uncle Al, that lovable old cuckoo bird and heir apparent to Crowley’s Ales, was somehow able in his final years at the Netherwood Estate in Hastings to “magickally” manifest his rent money, heroin, and the occasional box of chocolates of which he was so fond, in spite of being penniless & broke. Something to be said for that I guess.

Back to your quote, interesting that he refers to magick as physics. I see it as a type of advanced or “alien” physics as well.

Crowley was a Good person. He was able to take the vulgar psychisis which paraded around as pious christianity; show it moronic worthlessness; and extract from it meaningful ritual and wisdom which could truly assist people in real spiritual development.

kinda sad about the
“could not magick himself bus fare”… next chance you have, show me how you do that.

he acted the way he did for many good reasons, I have met ‘madmen mages’- they say stupid shit and do inane crap for legit reasons, and those who have the tendancy to fall into the ‘cult of personality’ rut, never get it. They have to have the man but never able to successfully achieve what the man says. The same spirits which thrashes EA for “Becoming a living Gods” is the same ones which thrash Crowley for his “Appearant” Imperfections and personality issues which annoy those who are clearly more “Worthy and Powerfully Right than he is”. Some would do well to know that the hebrew word for a “Prophet”[as we translate it] NVA, is actually the word for “Madman”. Because regardless of what they say- and or do- they appear for all intents and purposes as “Madman” Crazy, loons and nuts, hence the ease with which those “Seeking a True Guru or Mage” to throw them out of the town— or worse.
For all the crap those who are willing to slam him for, do they also have the balance of study and wisdom to vindicate what he did and or why he did it?
back again to the quote from Carlysle, 'there is so much bad in the best of us… "

Now for all those who sitting upon their ivory tower which they erected by their profound magickal workings- please, bring me for your Writings, workings, grimoires, fraternal order work, because for those whoo are so achieved so as to have earned the right to belittle him {in his conveniant absence} i am sure you can present your accomplishments for me to agree with you and begin to trumpet your life and works.

Not trying to sound like the prick that I am [it comes quite naturally] just want to see what these people have to crow about which validate their’charitable’ words against a man who deserves as much study as he Might , derision.
I for one have not walked side by side with him, have only studied a fraction of his output; but i for one can’t find anything in my life, Pious or profane; to justify trying to throw a shadow on his name or legacy. just me-93 !

―Aleister Crowley

Thoughts?
[/quote]

Agreed with Crowley. Delusional is one of the BIGGEST pitfalls in magic. And it’s not hard to fall into either. You have to be constantly on your toes.

I agree with him, I love most of his work. I like his poems too.

The Pentagram
[Dedicated to George Raffalovich]

In the Years of the Primal Course, in the dawn of terrestrial
birth,
Man mastered the mammoth and horse, and Man was the
Lord of the Earth.

He made him an hollow skin from the heart of an holy tree,
He compassed the earth therein, and Man was the Lord of
the Sea.

He controlled the vigour of steam, he harnessed the light-
ning for hire;
He drove the celestial team, and man was the Lord of the