Crowley Hate

Is there any real proof behind the wild stories of Crowley being a pedophile cannibal rapist?

If so I would love to read any article or literary work done on the subject of Mr.Crowley.

I really want to know what real black magicians feel about this topic.

2 Likes

History is written by the victors.

Is it possible he might have engaged in cannibalism? Maybe.

Rape and Pedo shit seems to be a bit extreme, though.

Tales of his spiritual life have been perverted and exaggerated over the years.

4 Likes

Who Crowley was is quite irrelevant to me: I’m just interested in self-knowledge and how his work applies in that context.

2 Likes

No.

That crap comes from the ridiculous interpretations of his words by idiots who have never heard of a metaphor.

9 Likes

Nice article. Thanks @DarkestKnight

2 Likes

Haters will hate him, fans will be in awe of his genius. He may be a charlatan or a genuine adept but his works influenced so many like how Carlos Castañeda’s works influenced so many.

4 Likes

It’s more the forcing his followers to get addicted to heroin and then making them go through withdraw, making his followers cut themselves in some twisted ego-death thing. And then there’s the Everything can be gematria thing that he did. And the generally confusing shit he did like the book of lies.

5 Likes

When truth is suppressed for so long, only the deranged, the penitent, and the utterly perverse are in a position to go dig it up, contrary to every message of repression and conformity their moral superiors obey. :thinking:

We need assholes and psychopaths to break the killing stagnation and other types of well-meaning self-destruction that our species’ more advanced post-agricultural cultures tend to fall into.

14 Likes

Agreed.

Psychopath or Sorcerer? I have a book on him “Do What Thou Wilt: A Life of Aleister Crowley”. Published by St. Martin’s Press in 2000 the author Lawerence Sutin claims the British police and Scotland Yard had Crowley under surveillance as it was reported he was soliciting many under age youths for sex. No reports of cannibalism. He apparently left the UK because of police harassment. Every time he returned to the UK he was harassed by the police and arrested on several occasions.

The book also reports that Crowley abused his deciples and was a sadistic psychopath. Is any of this true is unknown the book seems well researched.

1 Like

Not surprising - the UK has always been a police state. Especially these days. They don’t have enough police to deal with the out of control crime rate in the big cities because they’re too busy watching what people post online and arresting them for mean tweets. But dont get me started on that…

As for Crowley, I agree, a lot of the more outrageous claims I don’t personally believe. Not saying he was an angel (who is?), but I think there were and still are many, particularly in the establishment, who have a vested interest in dissuading people that his work has any value or meaning.

5 Likes

@Lillith_fan interesting on the UK being a police state. You are so right. The book details that Crowley went to the USA in 1914 and went broke. He started working for a pro-German newspaper and wrote many article’s proclaiming Germany’s superiority and greatness.

When Crowley returned to England in 1919 he was detained by Special Branch and interrogated by MI5 for treasonous acts against the Crown. He was never charged but was also under survalience by Special Branch for several years. His work as a sorcerer was widely heralded but he made many mistakes in his perspnal life and business.

1 Like

My reasons for not liking Crowley come from his words.

2 Likes

Crowley has my utmost admiration: being possibly the first magician to decisively break Western occultism from Abrahamic theology, symbolism and imagery. If it wasn’t for Crowley, Wicca, modern Druidism, Laveyan Satanism (and from there, the temple of Set and other Satanic groups) wouldn’t have existed. And without that basis BALG wouldn’t exist either.

4 Likes

Actually, if he raped pedophile canibals… well… 1.) They sort of had it coming and 2.) Makes him sort of a badass.

1 Like

Wasn’t Crowley well travelled into many parts of the world. Age of consent in some countries esp further back varies considerably. As to canibilism he might have been in s province where they practice that and look down on you with their tongues salivating if you don’t partake. He might gave gotten over his head so you need to know the W’s: when, where, why, what and the bastard “how.”

There seems to be haters to every spiritualist and occultist. That’s just part of the trollenium age.

No. He was propateered against because he made his findings public.

No one truly knows whether or not these claims are true. A lot of people misinterpret symbolic language or metaphor literally and this tends to create problems. Theists do it all the time when they interpret traditional scriptures verbatim.
That said, who knows: this Universe is Infinite and all things exist whether we love them or loathe them. God is Omnipresent and cannot be restricted.

1 Like

How is Satan not of the Abrahamic faith?

1 Like

Perhaps because of its Persian /Zoroastrian origins in the figure of Ahriman that the Jews encountered and adopted during the Babylonian exilic period. But your point is a good one : in many ways Satanism is a retrograde step from what Crowley was trying to accomplish in that by merely inverting Christian imagery it merely served to reinforce not only the same imagery but to also reinforce the same world view (as was the case with historical witchcraft). So by that same token, perhaps the work of The Temple of Set and other LHP and RHP schools who consciously try to deconstruct and replace the Judean Christian world view are the true inheritors of Crowley’s impulse and work.

2 Likes